QC:DE v2.7 is out! (With 100% more Dusk Dude)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: QC:DE v2.7 is out! (With 100% more Dusk Dude)

Post by openroadracer »

I know it's been two months since the last response here, but I've got just a minor feedback about Serious Sam's Minigun. You see, it doesn't get the conventional cooldown of other Active Abilities, instead getting ammo from the hourglass pickups. What I'm thinking is, make it where instead of Sam holding the Minigun until either a set time runs out or he runs it out of ammo, pressing the Active Ability key switches between using the Minigun or not. In other words, if you ever found yourself wanting to save what Minigun ammo you had on hand, you can just press the Active Ability key again to stow it away until you think you need it. Then just make it where the Minigun just doesn't regenerate on its own, requiring hourglasses to reload it.

And I know you're most likely not taking suggestions for new Champions, but I did post a concept for one over on the FreeDOOM Discord... I'll post the ideas here if anyone wants.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello and hope everyone is good.

This is epic works you have here, world class. After some slight issues with starting up a FFA online multiplayer with GZDoom, I realized something wasn't quite right? I read all 20+ pages after reading here that GZDoom isn't supported with online multiplayer?

Were 99% running in GZDoom, it looks amazing with all the shaders, this is by far the best DM madness!

Just cant add bots at the moment? May I ask, really sorry about this, but how can bots be added with GZDoom?

Could it be possible to add a custom .pk3 with the bot scripts?

https://zdoom.org/wiki/Bots#Creating_Bots

Also it seems that you can load the first DM map with ZDL but only console commands can loadup the next map? I'm trying to figure out a script to load all the QCDE maps in sequential order.

This mod is outstanding. Thankyou for your time and hope to speak soon.

Here are some screenshots of the awesome COOP mode, the best coop in years, solid FPS madness.

openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Okay, so, I've got more ideas in my head about how to improve this mod. That idea for a new Champion is something I'll talk about, but I've also developed a different idea for another new Champion. I will say that I think they'd both work best as Heavy-class, and they're both hyper-American ultra-patriotic types. Interestingly, neither of them is actually from an IP developed in the United States, though one of them is based on a real life warship. I think I've already spoiled the entirety of that one...

But first, I want to talk about the secondary fire upgrade for the Shotgun, the "Surface Explosive" ability: Honestly, it's kinda counterintuitive to me. It encourages missing your target to get the explosive to go off, but it otherwise only gives a minor damage buff. I just don't much care for the way it works. I've got three ideas and I'd love to see people discuss them, maybe decide which would be best:
  • Option one would be "Explosive Slug", which is just what it sounds like, basically converting the Shotgun into a grenade launcher with impact-detonated shots. This could be seen as too similar to the Tribolt, however, so it's honestly my least favorite idea of the three.
  • Option two would be "Burst Fire", similar to the "Charged Burst" upgrade for the Combat Shotgun from DOOM 2016, allowing the Shotgun to fire three shells in very rapid succession. This would enable the player to deliver Super Shotgun-like damage at a longer range at the expense of using an additional shell, especially if the "Longer Barrel" upgrade is in effect. However, again, this creates overlap with another weapon, in this case the Super Shotgun.
  • Option three would be "Flechette Shot" which would replace the regular buckshot with piercing flechettes that would go through multiple enemies. This would make the Shotgun much better at defeating crowds of enemies, especially weak fodder. However, piercing is normally exclusive to the Railgun, so I don't know how others would feel about that.
Now, on to the ideas I've got for new champions: The first comes from Kantai Collection, of all things. The pride of the US Navy, hull designation BB-61, USS Iowa. Her character sprite would depict her as a tall, well-endowed, blonde-haired, blue-eyed woman wearing the default outfit of KanColle's Iowa. She would hold a Browning M1918 BAR in her hands, and would have a Winchester trench shotgun slung onto her back and a leather holster with an M1911A1 sidearm on one hip. She would have a normal maximum Health of 125 and normal maximum Armor of 175. Her abilities would be as follows:
  • Passive 1 would be "All-or-Nothing Armor", a reference to the real life Iowa's armor layout. It would make it where as long as Iowa has Armor, all normal damage she takes goes purely into it; however, anything that would go through her Armor - either from it being destroyed or from special abilities that bypass Armor - would damage her Health with +20% effectiveness(that extra vulnerability might or might not also apply in PvE modes).
  • Passive 2 would be "Radar Screen", based on the real life Iowa's extensive sensor suites. It would provide a similar utility to Eradicator's "Scanner" Active Ability, showing enemy locations relative to Iowa's position; it would also show relative altitude by enlarging and brightening or shrinking and dimming the icons shown on the Radar. However, it would be restricted to solely things within direct line of sight: if it's blocked by map terrain, it won't be shown on Iowa's Radar.
  • Active Ability would be "Battleship Barrage": Iowa unleashes HELL with her naval artillery, showering the area near her crosshair with a deluge of 5-inch secondary shells and a single 16-inch primary shot. Comes with NINE charges, one for each of Iowa's primary cannons. Cooldown time would be extremely long, owing to the Ability's massive damage potential, even longer in PvE due to the likelihood of wiping huge swathes of enemies with this attack.
The second idea I've got for a new champion comes from the fact that I got Metal Wolf Chaos XD on Steam this last Christmas. That's right, it's the 47th President of the Great United States of America, Michael Wilson. However, due to the relative size of the "Metal Wolf" Mobile Armor, I think it would work better if Michael was depicted wearing a more Iron Man-style suit with design features and colors taken from the default skin from Metal Wolf Chaos. This would include two large, red backpacks full of guns attached to the shoulders of the suit. He would have the same maximum Armor and Health as Iowa, at 125 Health and 175 Armor. Abilities would be as follows:
  • Passive 1 would be "Shield Pods", granting Wilson limited Armor regeneration similar to BJ Blazkowicz's "Blitz" Passive: Every time Wilson's Armor exceeds a multiple of 25, it will quickly regenerate up to the next multiple of 25. This regeneration will be delayed if he takes damage while waiting for the regen.
  • Passive 2 will tie in with his Active Ability, which I'll get to shortly; anyway, it's called "Blaze Charge", and it just means that every kill Wilson gets reduces the cooldown on his Active Ability.
  • Active Ability is "Blaze Attack". You remember those backpacks attached to Michael's suit I mentioned? They fold out and reveal one of EVERY common, shared ranged weapon in the mod(minus the BFG), and they all start firing everything they have for a few seconds. That means that you're going to get bombarded by Heavy Machinegun and Super Nailgun fire, Shotgun and Super Shotgun blasts, Tribolt and Rocket Launcher projectiles, and the directed energy assault of the Lightning Gun and Railgun. Oh, and Michael's invulnerable and has infinite ammo for the duration of the ability. Thankfully, it is brief; but surviving it pretty much requires being under an Invincibility powerup if you get locked onto by the player controlling Michael.
So, anyone have thoughts on these ideas?
Colerx

Post by Colerx »

This mod is amazing!!!!
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I cannot believe I forgot this mod even existed. By which I mean it is so freaking cool! :D

I do experience a minor issue when playin as Lo Wang: no matter how many times I try, I just cannot get Peacock's Blessing to work. :?
fart_knight

Post by fart_knight »

I love the hell out of this mod! I always want to play more, but there are so few servers out there. I'm using zandronum/doomseeker, and there are only 2-3 out there that may randomly appear from time to time and/or have actual humans playing it (most of the time, it's bots). Is zandronum/doomseeker the best way? Anyone have any other suggestions?

Anyway, I hope the developer continues to update it. It really is one of a kind. Thanks if you're reading this, DBThanatos!
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I found a bug with the Heretic monster pack. Disciples (I have a feeling it's just the ones summoned by D'sparil, but I'm not sure) still have a chance of dropping claw orbs or Tomes of Power.
Mr.Rocket

Post by Mr.Rocket »

I recently released a remake of a Quake1 DM level for Doom2 called The Dark Zone:
shot2.png
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rh1anC ... sp=sharing

If you remember it in the original Quake game?
I uploaded it to DW about a month ago but I figured I'd send it your way, if you'd like to put it in QC:DE.
Otherwise I'll just release it as a single DM level.

Cheers
64palm
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by 64palm »

turn on rogue mode and its more challenging with crazy enemy and i really love this

btw this is best mod after D4T
roundtree

Post by roundtree »

Hello DBThanatos,

QC:DE is one of my favorite gameplay mods for zdoom. QC:DE has my absolute FAVORITE teleport effects ever made. I run a youtube channel where I demo Doom mods and sometimes show how to set things up. A couple months ago, I posted a question here asking how it would be possible to create a teleport mod. This nice guy gave me instructions to create a teleport mod out of QC:DE. I have done so for my own purposes, but I will never upload this file to any website ever. You have my word.

I'm posting here to ask you if you would mind if I made a video showing how to create a teleport mod out of QC:DE. I'm asking because I would understand if you said no. The teleport mod has files that are from the QC:DE mod, and I respect that as being your property. I wanted to ask someone directly involved with this project for permission. I personally wanted a standalone mod for teleporting, because I love to be able to change the teleport effects on any gameplay mod that I want. Anyway, regardless of your answer, thank you for making QC:DE (and everyone involved)! It's awesome!
roundtree

Post by roundtree »

I have changed my mind with all due respect. I will always love QC:DE, but I have another project in mind for myself. What stands in the way at the moment is my lack of knowledge of scripting, but I'm going to brew some coffee and go on youtube. Pretty much how I learn most things these days. (Really, I was able to change my tail light assembly doing that.)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”