If you absolutely can't live without Force Feedback.

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Muusi
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

If you absolutely can't live without Force Feedback.

Post by Muusi »

It's me again about force feedback! I can't live without it, and i also can't live without the many RPG mods that GZDoom has. I had to find a solution for my weirdo ass and I got it. At least partially. As I'm far from a coder who could implement rumble as a feature into GZDoom, I settled for a far dirtier solution that still somewhat satisfies my weird controller urges.

I downloaded a program called XPadder, the last freeware version. With it you can make your controller vibrate by pushing a button, so i made the controller vibrate when R2 on my DualSense controller is pushed down. Now at least something happens as I fire a weapon, and while the rumble is obviously just a continuous vibration even when firing a shotgun, for me it's still better than nothing.

Is my desperation showing yet?

The moral of the story is, don't get fixated on force feedback.
Last edited by Muusi on Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: If you absolutely can't live without Force Feedback.

Post by wildweasel »

Muusi wrote:The moral of the story is, don't get fixated on force feedback.
I feel like it's okay to be hyperfixated on something if it generates something useful to you or anybody else.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

wildweasel wrote:I feel like it's okay to be hyperfixated on something if it generates something useful to you or anybody else.
Hmmm, that depends .... as a developer who's been on the receiving end of this hyperfixation, I have a bit of a different perspective...
Muusi
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Muusi »

Rachael wrote:Hmmm, that depends .... as a developer who's been on the receiving end of this hyperfixation, I have a bit of a different perspective...
Here hoping that if i yell "RUMBLE" loud enough from time to time, a newly joined user with the skills might see it and start working on force feedback as a feature :mrgreen:

Return to “General”