[WIP][Horror] Divine Frequency (Demo Updated)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Ghost Prototype

Re: [WIP][Horror] Divine Frequency

Post by Ghost Prototype »

Kaaven wrote:The discord link expired. Mind re-sending it? I am really curious about updates to the project :D
Oh yeah, my bad. Updated.
m1lk
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by m1lk »

playing the demo now, which I downloaded from the discord page. and I gotta say, I have a love/hate relationship with these kinds of mods.

the love part? the atmosphere, and the style of gameplay. its nice to not have to shoot the shit out of everything that moves, for a change. im loving this, and can't wait for more.

the hate part? im a huge wuss when it comes to this kind of stuff :lol: . im getting silent hill and fatal frame vibes.

its beautiful, man! 8-)
Ghost Prototype

Thanks for the kind words :lol: :lol:

Also, if you don't follow my mod on discord or youtube. Here's what I've been cooking up as of late :mrgreen:
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

I was just thinking on this mod recently and knowing that his development looks more smoth and complex is just amazing.

Im not to good with terror or suspense games but I always loved RPGish gameplay, even more on Doom Mods/total convertions. I definitely will be hooked to this after Divine Frecuency is Finished, and well, problably Im going to download the WIP latter to play it when I have more time.

PD:
Spoiler:
Ghost Prototype

Thank you! I've been trying come up with ways the RPG elements can be more effective. Like noticing secrets or certain items if your Wits is at a certain level.
But I'm glad to have caught your interest with this mod. And yes, that's UnderRail music :twisted: absolute banger for sure.
m1lk

Post by m1lk »

hey im wondering: where did you get that VHS reshade? I wish there was one like it available so I can run it with other mods.
Ghost Prototype

Re: [WIP][Horror] Divine Frequency (Need Playtest)

m1lk wrote:hey im wondering: where did you get that VHS reshade? I wish there was one like it available so I can run it with other mods.
https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XtBXDt

Also, I want to reupload the demo for spooky month. It's a lot closer to the vision I had in mind (which is the point of demos, I think). But first, because of the whole weird situation with vulkan memory allocation, I need a few private playtests to make sure if anything derps out. DM me if you're interested :)
m1lk

Re: [WIP][Horror] Divine Frequency (Need Playtest)

Post by m1lk »

Ghost Prototype wrote:
m1lk wrote:hey im wondering: where did you get that VHS reshade? I wish there was one like it available so I can run it with other mods.
https://www.shadertoy.com/view/XtBXDt

Also, I want to reupload the demo for spooky month. It's a lot closer to the vision I had in mind (which is the point of demos, I think). But first, because of the whole weird situation with vulkan memory allocation, I need a few private playtests to make sure if anything derps out. DM me if you're interested :)

oh thank you, I enjoyed 0.63, ill try this out!

edit: hmm, I can't change the controls in the options. not running this as standalone, btw. im loading Data, Misc, Sounds, Maps, Textures, in that order.

also in version 0.63, sometimes I cant pick up items, sometimes I gotta NOCLIP and get it right up in my face before I can pick it up, especially items on shelves. hope thats fixed
Ghost Prototype

Re: [WIP][Horror] Divine Frequency (Demo Updated)

Did you launch it in the folder it came with? I included GZD 4.5.0 on purpose since that's currently the most stable build for this mod. Obviously on full release I'll be sure to make it compatible with the latest version of GZD, but right now there's some stuff beyond my control lol
m1lk

Post by m1lk »

Ghost Prototype wrote:Did you launch it in the folder it came with? I included GZD 4.5.0 on purpose since that's currently the most stable build for this mod. Obviously on full release I'll be sure to make it compatible with the latest version of GZD, but right now there's some stuff beyond my control lol
Im on Mac so I cant run .bat or .exe files. instead I open up gzdoom and load the Data, Misc, Sounds, Maps, Textures pk3 files in that order. I tried running it again with GZD 4.5, mod controls still dont show up like in the previous version; no dodge button = dead
Ghost Prototype

I see. I don't have a Mac so I can't even test this myself. DFsa.ipk3 should act as the main iwad (not DOOM2.WAD), there's a defined menu (MOD OPTIONS) there that includes all the options for shader adjustments, important keybinds, etc.
m1lk

Post by m1lk »

Ghost Prototype wrote:I see. I don't have a Mac so I can't even test this myself. DFsa.ipk3 should act as the main iwad (not DOOM2.WAD), there's a defined menu (MOD OPTIONS) there that includes all the options for shader adjustments, important keybinds, etc.
ah ok i see. ill try this out. thank you.

EDIT: it works! thanks! playing it again now
m1lk

Post by m1lk »

im up to map 2A right now, definitely alot of improvements, the gameplay is alot better and the emergency light is more useful. would you mind telling me the name the songs playing in the train?

havent noticed any bugs. just thought I point out though this door texture being slightly misaligned.

https://ibb.co/S7WNSM9
https://ibb.co/0XPFNw5

great work!
m1lk

Post by m1lk »

another bug: just killed this guy, screen faded black, then nothing...

https://ibb.co/tcS5hY4

edit: reloaded a save, did it again, ok teleported back.

edit: another bug, crashes during Adrien fight. but if I iddqd, doesn't crash

edit: it says my inventory weight is maxed out, but it shows there is one empty slot. but still cannot pick up items. and even though lock pick is 0 weight, I cant pick it up unless i free up some weight.
Ghost Prototype

Thank you thank you, I'll get to fixing these. And the song name is 彼はそれを取りました by haircut for men
the other one is a mix of DuClare Chateau from Deus Ex and Ma Chérie Nicolette from Deus Ex: Sonic Augmentation

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”