Blade of Agony | Need help w/ translation (update 25.04.21)

Ask about editing graphics, sounds, models, music, etc here!
Shaders (GLSL) and SNDINFO questions also go here!

Moderators: GZDoom Developers, Raze Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
Tormentor667

Re: Blade of Agony | Need help w/ translation (update 29.01.

Post by Tormentor667 »

We have a total of 4 languages finished but unfortunately the rest of the translations makes little progress. If you want to help us, please let us know. Especially french and spanish would be cool, if we have a full translation when we release it :)
Valken

Post by Valken »

You can try this translator as many businesses use it for correspondence and it does a good enough job:

https://www.deepl.com/translator

Then reverse run the translation in other translators to get an idea how well it did.

Literally a copy and paste job between 2 or more browser windows.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I think the whole point is to avoid using machine translators, and I am not sure whether deep learning translators really do much better.

(On a side note I've seen "AI" do impressive things to images, but it's never perfect, either, it's really just better to have people help out whenever possible and use machines as a last resort)
Valken

Post by Valken »

I know but I thought we can at least help each other and get the ball rolling. We use it to correspond with non native English clients and it does a "GOOD ENOUGH" job at it.

Ideally native speakers should be final editors to ensure accuracy of any translations.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I used DeepL to finish the german translation as I was able to verify the results and improve them and finish them up. DeepL did a great job but you simply need to speak the target language well to proof-read the results. I am not speaking any of the remaining languages so I simply can't do it on my own here.
Tormentor667

Re: Blade of Agony | Need help w/ translation (update 20.03.

Post by Tormentor667 »

5 languages are complete, only 4 left and a lot of these have been done as well. If you want to help us, let us know :)
Tormentor667

Re: Blade of Agony | Need help w/ translation (update 04.04.

Post by Tormentor667 »

Updated the first post. We are still in the very need of support if we want to have all languages finished until the release, so drop us a line if you are interested in volunteering.
Tormentor667

Re: Blade of Agony | Need help w/ translation (update 25.04.

Post by Tormentor667 »

Good news, only 3 languages left to be finished :)

Return to “Assets (and other stuff)”