Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.24)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
skdursh

Re: Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.2)

Post by skdursh »

Untitled wrote:There's not much reason to want them given that 1.16-1.19 were pure bugfix releases
Yeah, honestly I think I'm just addicted to data in general. Thank you though!
Untitled
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Re: Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.21)

Post by Untitled »

EDIT: Whoops, accidentally hit quote instead of edit, I'm an idiot.

I guess this is my way of announcing there's a WIP V1.21, but it's not out yet.

EDIT #2: Changelog:
-All Touhou Doom CVars can now be changed via the menu due to me figuring out how MENUDEF sort-of-works! Why did I not do this earlier?
-Episode 1: While using Touhou_DanmakuWeapons, MAP08 no longer has a plasma rifle.
-Under similar conditions, MAP09 no longer has a BFG 9000.
-Episode 2: On Hard/Lunatic, Youmu's spellcard "200 Yojana in 1 Slash" is now denser, because it was legitimately way easier than her non-spell before it. Now it's only kind of easier!
-Fixed a typo in Satori's dialogue in MAP13.
-Hakkero Star Cannon's Magic Missile is now MUCH more colourful, because the all-blue magic missiles didn't sit right with me (Starts with Blue and adds a new colour each 100 power, up to four).
-If you don't like Rainbow Magic Missile, a new CVar, touhou_cl_missilecolor, will now allow you to select one of four different monocolor magic missile attacks (Blue, Green, Violet, or Yellow). Or just use default multicolor mode.
-Player Spellcard Stardust Reverie has also been colour-ified.
-A couple of bosses (Meiling, Suika, and Tenshi, possibly others?) have new obituaries for if you get killed by their melee attack. I know nobody really cares, but I might as well go back for that if I'm making an update anyway.

EDIT #3: It's 2:20 AM and this is nowhere near tested well enough, but you know what I'm just gonna release V1.21 now. Link's in the opening post. This should be the last version, unless I completely screwed something up again. I have a history.
Alamo985
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alamo985 »

The link is dead, my dude...
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

Alamo985 wrote:The link is dead, my dude...
Fixed, thank you.
Alamo985
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alamo985 »

Untitled wrote:
Alamo985 wrote:The link is dead, my dude...
Fixed, thank you.
Many thanks and respect!
KutaroJuJo

Post by KutaroJuJo »

The final boss of (im assuming) Episode 4, Mephistopheles seems to be unbeatable- When you bring down his first health bar, he never gains another. I'm on Normal difficulty, so i'm not sure what the problem is. I've kept every spellcard leading up to his battle, yet all of those don't work past the first bar either.
???
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

KutaroJuJo wrote:The final boss of (im assuming) Episode 4, Mephistopheles seems to be unbeatable- When you bring down his first health bar, he never gains another. I'm on Normal difficulty, so i'm not sure what the problem is. I've kept every spellcard leading up to his battle, yet all of those don't work past the first bar either.
???
MAP28 or MAP29 Battle? If it's the MAP28 battle, I can't reproduce this bug; does the spellcard declaration for [Pestilence "Black Death"] appear?

If it's the MAP29 battle, that one works very differently - notice that the door into the castle opens when you beat the first nonspell; the map and the battle are a merged entity in this map.
KutaroJuJo

Post by KutaroJuJo »

Untitled wrote:
KutaroJuJo wrote:The final boss of (im assuming) Episode 4, Mephistopheles seems to be unbeatable- When you bring down his first health bar, he never gains another. I'm on Normal difficulty, so i'm not sure what the problem is. I've kept every spellcard leading up to his battle, yet all of those don't work past the first bar either.
???
MAP28 or MAP29 Battle? If it's the MAP28 battle, I can't reproduce this bug; does the spellcard declaration for [Pestilence "Black Death"] appear?

If it's the MAP29 battle, that one works very differently - notice that the door into the castle opens when you beat the first nonspell; the map and the battle are a merged entity in this map.
I believe MAP28, and yes, I have. I tried playing it today and on my first fight with him I got through about 4 spell cards before he broke- He used what I believe was "Army of the Damned" and I responded with a Master Spark, causing him to spell break but never bring up another one. Other times, I can only get through his first health bar before he either goes partially-invisible and stops moving, or just never gains another.
KutaroJuJo

Post by KutaroJuJo »

Okay, this is random. The problem fixed itself, and I just beat the game. Not sure what it was, but it's gone now. Wacky, ain't it?
MrSoup678

Re: Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.11)

Post by MrSoup678 »

Untitled wrote:
barosans wrote:hello, i have a probleme, in the MAP27B: Western Apocalypse in the East , the demons I'm supposed to fight don't come, they're blocked somewhere.
What difficulty are you on? Just for quick testing purposes.
Same bug, on Easy Mode.
Untitled

Re: Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.22)

Post by Untitled »

Figured it out! It turns out I was dumb and forgot to check the difficulty flags on a few objects. As someone who continually forgets easy mode exists, well...

Anyways, that's fixed, and MAP27B is now possible to finish on Easy Mode, packed in V1.22.
Untitled

Re: Touhou Doom - Full Release (V1.23)

Post by Untitled »

It's been a few months, but here it is, 1.23!

Fixes:
- You can now turn the visual boss lifebars on or off in the main menu!
- MAP05 has a texture corrected. Small, but it started to bug me.
- MAP20 has a grammatical mistake fixed in the story text, because it bugged me.
- MAP25, on lunatic, has an erroneously placed blue armor in the yellow skull segment, making it arguably easier than it is on hard. This has been rectified.
- The secret bonus boss fight in MAP25 can now infight with the other demons in its arena. They won't last long, and it really adds to the chaos. I like chaos, so...
- MAP26 had two elevators, the first of which does not go back, and the second of which does - this behavior has been flipped; the 2nd elevator is the one that shouldn't go back, given the cutscene trigger.
- The post-cutscene room in MAP26 has been made less completely stupid - while still very hard, you shouldn't get immediately flattened for daring to walk past the door, as long as you're strategic about your killing options - Lunatic no-spell is actually much more viable, though it might not look like it.
- Mephistopheles' "Death" spellcard has been made less random - while, yes, many attacks in Touhou Doom have a high degree of RNG-certified pattern work, this particular spell was basically just a rather immediate dice-roll on whether the run lived or died. As much as I love how it looked (this thing looked awesome and I loved it), this simply wasn't fun.
- It does more damage to compensate, though, so you'll actually have to read the thing now. It's more readable now, so that's a thing.
- The hyper-secret boss' 2nd phase has been fixed - a bullet spawner got erroneously removed, so it's added back in. Yes, that makes the already stupidly difficult bonus boss even harder. Look, it's not like you're dodging that pattern legitimately anyway...

And, I've also done a Developer-Commentated Walkthrough of Touhou Doom! You can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2o_ZVH ... m_oAcYrqPp
Craftsdwarf
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Craftsdwarf »

MAP18 and Map27C are very bloated.
>25megs for a forest map with nigh-identical trees is quite ludicrous.
From what I can see this is due to large amounts of uninstanced sectors.
Aside from that, this mod is absolutely wonderful in terms of gameplay and plot.
Untitled

Post by Untitled »

As someone who literally had no idea how to map before I started, what are uninstanced sectors?
Craftsdwarf
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Craftsdwarf »

Forgive me for being an idiot.
By "uninstanced sectors" I meant "redundant sectors".
In these maps, the trees has multiple sectors for the roots and branches (this also applies for the "leaves"), these sectors share the same properties (for each height level), meaning that they need to be only defined once. In this case, the same sector definitions were repeated thousands of times, resulting in map filesize bloat when decompressed.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”