Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cherno

Re: Resource Request thread *Read 1st post*

Post by Cherno »

Molten Ice wrote:Does anyone have sprites of a giant ant or other giant insects?
Here are some creepy crawlies from Dungeon Keeper.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ezwxf31w9gtj ... s.zip?dl=0

Not the best quality, but might be good enough for plaeholder art.
Molten Ice

Post by Molten Ice »

That's a good start, thanks!
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

It may be futile asking here but not sure where else to try:

Can one of the zscript gods make a bare-bones example wad that displays a graphic and/or text to the player's screen in game (i.e like hudmessage)? I feel like the documentation just isn't quite there yet even for people who know how to use zscript, but if I could just get my hands on an example that gets as far as that I could probably figure everything else out :P
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

pretty suere ive asked about this before but cant quite remember, still if i did it must have been ages ago...
chainy.png
chainy.png (10.05 KiB) Viewed 5976 times
anyway, anyone up for making more frames for this beauty?
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

I made a slightly different version of basically the same sprite, comes in 2 flavors of muzzleflash
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

yeah, I seem to rememmber that one. though nicely done and flawlessly sprited the barrel seperation is just wtf to me... lol...
Warhawk

Post by Warhawk »

SPCGA0.png
SPCGA0.png (3.98 KiB) Viewed 5905 times
Does anyone know the original author of this sprite?
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

Warhawk wrote:
SPCGA0.png
Does anyone know the original author of this sprite?
That would be Minigunner.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

So, I don't know if this is the place for it, but I've been looking for whatever soundfont produces this:

It is, far and away, one of the best-sounding versions of MIDI-based music I've encountered, and this guy stopped making videos and responding to comments five years ago. I have no idea where to find a soundfont (or, as a commenter suggested, a Timidity setting?) that produces this effect. Maybe it's a music WAD loaded separately with BSTX E2?
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

TheRailgunner wrote:So, I don't know if this is the place for it, but I've been looking for whatever soundfont produces this:

It is, far and away, one of the best-sounding versions of MIDI-based music I've encountered, and this guy stopped making videos and responding to comments five years ago. I have no idea where to find a soundfont (or, as a commenter suggested, a Timidity setting?) that produces this effect. Maybe it's a music WAD loaded separately with BSTX E2?
I have to admit, it does sound VERY similar to the Remastered Music wad made by Kira. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOh3E8f ... 3&index=40
(my personal favorite for both episodes, and the link for each is in the description of that playlist)
The slight differences could be down to his recording software and soundcard.
If you prefer the MIDI sound though, you can get very similar results using SGM https://www.mediafire.com/file/zo8l3dgf ... M-V2.01.7z
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Vostyok wrote:
TheRailgunner wrote:So, I don't know if this is the place for it, but I've been looking for whatever soundfont produces this:

I have to admit, it does sound VERY similar to the Remastered Music wad made by Kira. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOh3E8f ... 3&index=40
(my personal favorite for both episodes, and the link for each is in the description of that playlist)
The slight differences could be down to his recording software and soundcard.
If you prefer the MIDI sound though, you can get very similar results using SGM https://www.mediafire.com/file/zo8l3dgf ... M-V2.01.7z
It definitely sounds similar - gonna snatch both options just in case (gonna try SGM in my main Doom folder and Kira's remasters on my MP3 player - might record the SGM variants just to compare them and find out for sure). You've made my week with this - thank you so very much!
SphericalCube

Post by SphericalCube »

I'm pretty new here so sorry if I'm not doing this right, but...
I'm looking for a script I can use that enables obituaries for monsters instead of just players (meaning that your weapon's obituary would show up if you killed a regular monster).
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Are there Doom Slayer hands equivalent to the hands on the classic Shotgun's pumping frames? Pretty much just trying to find armored variants of the fingers on the right side of the gun.
Unknown_Horse

Post by Unknown_Horse »

TheRailgunner wrote:Are there Doom Slayer hands equivalent to the hands on the classic Shotgun's pumping frames? Pretty much just trying to find armored variants of the fingers on the right side of the gun.
Blazing_Dust made those ones: https://i.imgur.com/VYKe2TA.png

they can be modified to delete the shotgun and keep only the hands.
Bren

Post by Bren »

Never been a fan of the 'scanned-photo' look of some of the Doom graphics -- and have been plugging away on some edits to make some of them more like illustrations and 'Adrian-like'.

One (seemly) easy route to getting a new SP_ROCK is to use one of the rock textures from Quake 2, which seems to be similar.

Problem is, try as I might I cannot get it to look right.

I was wondering if anyone was willing to take a stab at it.

Return to “Requests”