Fat Reward & Ticket Home | My Farewell (all Chapters online)

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Scuba Steve

Re: Fat Reward & Ticket Home | My Farewell

Post by Scuba Steve »

tribute.avi
Attachments
6monthslater.jpg
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Tormentor667 wrote:It wasn't my goal to make anyone nervous to be honest. What I can tell you is: Blade of Agony will be released (without any cutbacks or restraints) as planned, and so will be the remasters for some projects, which are almost done. For the Realm667: It will continue staying online and I will take care of technical maintenance, but I won't do any work on news items or repository entries any more - but I will help volunteers to work with the system. So there is no need for concerns, the repo will stay online and available for the modders.
Thank you for clearing this up.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Tormentor667 wrote:What I can tell you is: Blade of Agony will be released (without any cutbacks or restraints) as planned, and so will be the remasters for some projects, which are almost done. For the Realm667: It will continue staying online and I will take care of technical maintenance, but I won't do any work on news items or repository entries any more - but I will help volunteers to work with the system. So there is no need for concerns, the repo will stay online and available for the modders.
Well, that's good to hear if you ask me. Some may say what they will about the realm repository, but I find it to be an important part of the Doom modding community so I'm glad it's staying.
Last edited by Xim on Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Just saw the post at the Realm.

It's always kind of heartbreaking, but the so-called Real World's a mindlessly demanding biatch at times. I mean I went away from Doom more than once, so I can understand and relate. Still, it's like a "refresh" button on the anxiety of all the good times we've had... I dunno if that makes sense :| I mean it makes me remember all the fun we've had and all those awesome contributions to the community, headed by you buddy! :)

KDiZD was the prime of my teenage life quite honestly ;) With all the craze, my depression, turmoil, and the leaks. Man that was hillariously epic and epically hillarious at times :lol: And Stronghold? For me, it's THE BEST. I don't think anything will ever top it in my own subjective ranking.

Dan, just wanted to emphasize at this point, that you're one of the people I have HUGE amounts of respect for (and HUGE GUTS ;) ), even tho we never met face 2 face, for all your contributions and iron charisma, while remaining a good buddy all along the way.

Keep ya spirit up and let nothing slow you down! Cuz frankly, I don't think anything ever can stop you in your pursuit of personnal goals, so just don't let anything slow you down, then :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Chapter 1 has been released by the way.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I can see how all that work may become a bit much. I have felt like that may times over the last 18 years when I first registered on these forums. There were several occasions when I just had to put the work aside and do something different, but the one thing I never did over all those years is quit for good.

So my hope would be that despite stopping work on Doom related things you won't just disappear and still continue contributing in some form, like giving advice and feedback. Being part of the community does not mean being available 24/7, even a few minutes every week would count. ;)
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Graf Zahl wrote:Being part of the community does not mean being available 24/7, even a few minutes every week would count. ;)
Agreed and practiced.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Graf Zahl wrote:I can see how all that work may become a bit much. I have felt like that may times over the last 18 years when I first registered on these forums. There were several occasions when I just had to put the work aside and do something different, but the one thing I never did over all those years is quit for good.

So my hope would be that despite stopping work on Doom related things you won't just disappear and still continue contributing in some form, like giving advice and feedback. Being part of the community does not mean being available 24/7, even a few minutes every week would count. ;)
Agreed. In fact I said something similar in my first post on this thread.

Nevertheless, it is how I, and I am quite sure many others handle the Doom community at large. I really think all that's actually happened here to you is you are tired of the Doom-related projects you are working on and you need a break. And there's nothing wrong with that. Interpreting it as a sign that you've got to start cutting your ties for good is something that's going to hurt you and your friends in the end, though, and is part of what makes posts like these far more of a spectacle than they ever should be once the dust has settled.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Tormentor667 wrote:Chapter 1 has been released by the way.
...It has? I can't seem to view it. The two paragraphs of intro, and the sidebars, load just fine, but the rest of the page is blank.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

There is a “Read more” button underneath the intro:
https://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/f ... e-two-ends
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Chapter 2 has just been published
wildweasel

Re: Fat Reward & Ticket Home | My Farewell (Chapter 2 is liv

Post by wildweasel »

I think I've figured out why I'm having trouble: the Read More link seems to disappear in the mobile layout.

(edit) Or maybe it's a Firefox thing, because Desktop Site mode doesn't make it show up either.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

This is super strange. I am using Firefox myself and it works. Also with Safari on my Phone.
Gammli

Post by Gammli »

wildweasel wrote:I think I've figured out why I'm having trouble: the Read More link seems to disappear in the mobile layout.

(edit) Or maybe it's a Firefox thing, because Desktop Site mode doesn't make it show up either.
Tormentor667 wrote:This is super strange. I am using Firefox myself and it works. Also with Safari on my Phone.
The links to the chapters only show up if you accept cookies. UBlock Origin can prevent the consent notice from showing up, if you use it, disable "cosmetic filters" for the site.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I habitually reject third party cookies when given the choice, so maybe that's the problem.

Return to “General”