Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ZikShadow

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0a

Post by ZikShadow »

I don't mind the DERP/HERPs staying on shoot mode even when they're empty, it helps for when there's enemies that I can't see. Having a warning that there's something still lurking around the corner has saved me on more than one occasion.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Seconding Zik. If I'm counting on the robot to be watching that corner I'd rather get an alert than nothing at all.

No progress on the noclip drop thing as I haven't even encountered it myself and no one else has reported it.
YeeTee2

Post by YeeTee2 »

These new voice lines are horrid and broken, I'll end up killing an enemy and it says "All good here"
Wha?
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

YeeTee2, check your addons. So far as I know, HD does not include voice lines (except the player's taunt button). You probably need to contact the author of whichever mod adds the voices.

8-)
YeeTee2

Post by YeeTee2 »

Ye, it was the SND addon
Goyito366

Post by Goyito366 »

hello I love hd, I just want to inform about a solution for those who have problems with gzdoom due to opengl 3.3 they only have to use lzdoom. lzdoom is based on gzdoom but for older software, lzdoom has many gzdoom features and even though it doesn't have all hd it is fully compatible with hd. I would like you to try it, it can be downloaded from the zdoom page
saladofstones

Post by saladofstones »

I don't know if its answered elsewhere in the thread (I don't know how to search within a thread) but how does repairing a vulcanette actually work? I've tried figuring it out on my own, and I get a lot of neat messages but I don't know what I am doing or trying to do.
KynikossDragonn
Operating System Version (Optional): Void Linux
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by KynikossDragonn »

saladofstones wrote:I don't know if its answered elsewhere in the thread (I don't know how to search within a thread) but how does repairing a vulcanette actually work? I've tried figuring it out on my own, and I get a lot of neat messages but I don't know what I am doing or trying to do.
You unload the vulcanette (including removing the battery) then just keep holding the keys to initiate the repair function, then just keep waiting.

Every single time you get a message about something, it means some damage was repaired.

Pay attention to the pickup message when you get a vulcanette, "in dire need of repair" will take a significant amount of time. Anything past that will say "could be salvaged for ammo" is not worth the time to do the repair action for what could possibly amount to several days real time.
saladofstones

Post by saladofstones »

KynikossDragonn wrote:
saladofstones wrote:I don't know if its answered elsewhere in the thread (I don't know how to search within a thread) but how does repairing a vulcanette actually work? I've tried figuring it out on my own, and I get a lot of neat messages but I don't know what I am doing or trying to do.
You unload the vulcanette (including removing the battery) then just keep holding the keys to initiate the repair function, then just keep waiting.

Every single time you get a message about something, it means some damage was repaired.

Pay attention to the pickup message when you get a vulcanette, "in dire need of repair" will take a significant amount of time. Anything past that will say "could be salvaged for ammo" is not worth the time to do the repair action for what could possibly amount to several days real time.
Is it possible for the vulcanette to become damaged when trying to repair it? I hear an explosion sound and it makes me paranoid.
KynikossDragonn
Operating System Version (Optional): Void Linux
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by KynikossDragonn »

Nah that's not a explosion sound you're hearing, it's a "clank", it's actually the same sound the medikit makes when you staple your wounds.

You CAN damage the vulcanette if you drop or throw it, so don't try to use one or repair one while under the effects of berzerk.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

To clarify, it can take literal real hours to repair a moderately damaged vulcanette to full working order. They're not able or intended to be field-repaired except for really minor damage. If it's behaving bad enough that you can't just keep using it, you're better off ditching it for another gun and looking for a fresh vulc (not a chaingunner-dropped one) because the time involved will be longer than your expected combat zone lifespan.

8-)
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.5.0b

Post by Matt »

NEW UPDATE!

Highlights of changes:
  • hd_resetlives command to reset death counts.
  • Elimination mode now allows effective lives limits above 99 - in other words, it will respect something like a fraglimit of 300 to mean you're in elimination mode with 200 lives.
  • Total refactor of the backpack/container system thanks to Accensus. It's actually moddable now!
  • Lots of smaller fixes for unusual but not rare situations where certain checks were being ignored.
  • Shields are now an item that can be given. Nothing in "vanilla" HD is changed intentionally because of this, besides some consequential alterations to balance, but this does allow for shields in mods.
terrarian_51
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by terrarian_51 »

Hello, friends, I'm a newbie here! Despite playing GzDoom mods for a long time, I have some questions about Hideous Destructor mod.
1. Are the latest features of this mod being fully compatible with older GzDoom v3.7.2?
2. How much hardware resources of a PC the HD mod requires for being fully playable with PC?
3. How can I properly make the HD load order and use the loadout codes, using ZDL launcher?
4. Where can I find the system requirements for GzDoom v4.5.0?
Thanks for advance, guys!
Burktross

Post by Burktross »

Am I the only one that feels that blue magic and spirit armor are kind of OP? Once I get either it kind of just trivializes the game from there on out-- and if I have both at the same time? Forget it!

If I knew the first thing about extending zscript instead of just mangling the source directly, I'd probably knock potion and soulsphere blues by an order of magnitude, and perhaps divide the

Code: Select all

&&damage>random(7,144)
magic number for spirit armor from 144 to 48.
Matt

Post by Matt »

terrarian_51 wrote:Hello, friends, I'm a newbie here! Despite playing GzDoom mods for a long time, I have some questions about Hideous Destructor mod.
1. Are the latest features of this mod being fully compatible with older GzDoom v3.7.2?
2. How much hardware resources of a PC the HD mod requires for being fully playable with PC?
3. How can I properly make the HD load order and use the loadout codes, using ZDL launcher?
4. Where can I find the system requirements for GzDoom v4.5.0?
Thanks for advance, guys!
1. No, the first part of HD's version number is the GZDoom target version.
2. HD is significantly more demanding on the processor than vanilla Doom, though I've only ever noticed the difference on either older computers (<2010) or slaughtermaps. (The latest pre-release might ameliorate the latter slightly but I haven't tested.)
3. No idea sorry
4. I haven't checked but what I usually do is just download it and try.

EDIT: Burktross: Not ignoring you, just letting anyone else comment before I say or do anything!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”