Ashes Afterglow TC - closing the vault

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Joje

Re: Re: (WIP) Ashes Afterglow- Progress update pg14

Post by Joje »

ReformedJoe wrote:Here are some more screens from my end of the project.
Spoiler:

The badlands be looking cozy this year
nelsonmenon

Post by nelsonmenon »

how to enter the discord server?
camper

Re: Re: Re: (WIP) Ashes Afterglow- Progress update pg14

Post by camper »

For the sake of experiment I started a game with a minivad. Ashes 2063 TC - works. Ashes Afterglow - not working: Execution could not continue. R_InstallSprite: Sprite PLYC frame A is missing rotations.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... list-iwad/
ReformedJoe

Post by ReformedJoe »

camper wrote:For the sake of experiment I started a game with a minivad. Ashes 2063 TC - works. Ashes Afterglow - not working: Execution could not continue. R_InstallSprite: Sprite PLYC frame A is missing rotations.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... list-iwad/
I'm sure that this is because the rotations for the crouching player are not done yet. AFAIK GZDoom provides crouching sprites when playing with the original iwads, while not for iwads like Freedoom and miniwad.

So when you start, GZDoom finds only the 1 rotation and aborts because those iwads don't have other sprites to fall back on.

This will be fixed when the art for the player is finished.
Joje

Post by Joje »

I recently rewatched the first mad max. When i got to the scene with Gus in the hospital i got this cool idea. What if he wold be in a secret? You break a window, climb down into a dark corridor, see light coming from a room. Slowly walk toward the light and get into the room and there he is. The bed, the huge respirator. The white blanket streched across the bed while you can hear Gus slow raspy breathing. It would be awesome! Steal this idea, ur welcome.
Deadza

Post by Deadza »

really great mod series that makes me wish Fallout 3 had happened sooner and was more like this. it really feels like a full release classic FPS with the enemies and level layout.

i have a bit of an issue with the first episode though, the bike wouldn't accelerate and i got stuck in the 4th map unable to progress. holding forward or double binding it and pressing both didn't help. not sure why.
xx4353

Post by xx4353 »

This honestly has to be one of my favorite mods for Doom in general. The music is top-notch, the sprite works for every enemy and design is great. The weapons are fun to use and love the inclusion of weapons mod which make it so much more enjoyable and fun to use. Love the small refences to older action/post apocalticy stuff especially to Metro. Anything Keep up the great work and hope everything is easy for you in life
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

@Joje

Huh. I know the scene. I think I know where this could go. Thanks for the idea xD

@Deadza
There's a piece of art by Red888Guns that shows a Doom-like Fallout mockup. Definitely with a more distinctive look, which I adore. I've always favored style over pure graphical gimmicks. But that's just me.
Did you die and respawn? It's a dumb bug, yeah. Try typing "give motorcycle" (without quotes) into the console. Another issue the new motorcycle code should remove.

@xx4353
Thank you my friend. Its the feedback that keeps me working after all this time. I really do want us to give you all something special this year. Hopefully sooner rather than later, but I will put an update out soon to give a better gauge of our progress so far.

Once again, thank you for all the comments. Been spending a lot of time making some new friends, enemies and ambivalent losers to play with. New hub map and some new sights to see in the Badlands. More news soon.
Jj117
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Jj117 »

Hey can I get a list of the npc on Ashes 2063? I wanna try spawning them. Preferable the npc code of militiamen
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Jj117 wrote:Hey can I get a list of the npc on Ashes 2063? I wanna try spawning them. Preferable the npc code of militiamen
List of NPCs in first episode:
Spoiler:
code for the town militia dudes:

Code: Select all

actor TownMilitia: actor 414
 {
  ConversationID 6
  Health 80
  PainChance 170
  Speed 12
  Radius 20
  Height 56
  scale 0.75
  Monster
  +NEVERTARGET
  -COUNTKILL
  +NOSPLASHALERT
  +FLOORCLIP
  +MISSILEMORE
  +MISSILEEVENMORE
  +NEVERRESPAWN
  +ISMONSTER
  decal "BulletChip"
  AttackSound "weapons/ingramfire"
  DeathSound "*death"
  PainSound "*pain50"
  Obituary "%o was shot for disturbing the peace."
  DropItem "Ingram"
  States
  {
   Spawn:
    GARD V 6 A_turretlook
    Loop
   See:
    GARD A 0 A_ALERTMONSTERS
    GARD ABCD 4 A_chase
    Loop
   Missile:
    GARD E 10 A_FaceTarget
    GARD FEFEFE 3 Bright A_CustomBulletAttack (8, 5, 1, 3*random(1,6), "bulletPuff")
    GARD E 10 A_SentinelRefire()
    Goto Missile+1
    Goto See
   Pain:
    GARD G 8 Fast A_Pain
    Goto See
   Death:
    GARD G 3
    GARD H 4 A_Scream
    GARD I 4 A_NoBlocking
    GARD J 3
    GARD K -1
    Stop
	}
	}
hope this helps :D
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

The fog looks awesome in those screenies!

This is Badass works as always!!
KaInEvIL

Post by KaInEvIL »

It was too good already when i first tried the previous episode and now i'm dying for the next. Great OST by Privemal btw :mrgreen:
GENTEK

(WIP) Ashes Afterglow- Progress update pg14

Post by GENTEK »

ASHES is amazing keep up the good word man!
Jj117

Post by Jj117 »

Thank you so much I was trying every marine code in vain for the town militia and town militia leader. Thank you
Jj117

Post by Jj117 »

By the way I need to write "summon Townmilitia 414" to get it to work not "414". thanks it works and I'm having fun tinkering with it.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”