ALIENS ACM 2121 (ZDL Edition) v2.0

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZDL_800

Re: ALIENS ACM 2121 (ZDL Edition) v2.0

Post by ZDL_800 »

New versions of GZdoom are really bad.

Vsync broken.

Mouse movement is horrid.

Menus within menus, who decided that Ill never know.

Main menu logos overscanned.

Main menu fonts are way too big filling the entire screen.

Security cameras still broken on these patches.

Going to have a word with the devs I don't understand how this gets worse and worse every update.

Updated all GPU drivers, even tested the beta drivers, vsync still broken, ultimate screen tear.

Bloody hell.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

ZDL_800 wrote:I'm going to cap the version to 2021 versions of GZDoom, I guess people cant be annoyed if I explain the reasons why?
If your audience can't or won't upgrade to a newer build, that's their problem.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Thanks for the reply.

I honestly thought it was my problem, my responsibility for compatibility between versions.

Regardless we have a much bigger problem here, Gzdoom from 2020 breaks the security cameras, I've made a new thread and linked the same error from other users.

I'm going to shutup now, knuckle down, and fix the issues, I'm sorry for any hostility I really am, the world situation is effecting us all.

Hope this can be fixed soon.

Thanks for reading and thanks for your time.
Korell

Post by Korell »

Am I missing something, or is the latest release version of GZDoom v4.5.0 from 31st October 2020? The only versions in 2021 are all dev builds, from what I can see, and so subject to change (I also wonder why there are still 32-bit dev builds when the release build went 64-bit only). I always update when a new release comes out, but I no longer bother with the dev builds.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Thanks for the reply.

Yes indeed 2021 are all beta versions, GZDoom v4.5.0 unfortunately is no different for the bug fixes, that's why I tested the betas.

I had a good think about this, and for years now I was hoping GZDoom would implement some sort of c/s branch, now Zand already has far superior MP/COOP capabilities which we prioritize on all ZDL Editions.

I've tried to find any custom build Zand with a newer version of GZDoom, no luck.

Zand forum users mostly state that someone needs to update the branch, it hasn't been updated in 3 years.

So here's the plan.

I have the tools ready, I have both Zand SC and my fav version of GZDoom SC right here right now, I can far see the answer, but at the moment I'm only looking at the question.

I've read over 500 pages on both forums, the only real answer is, do it yourself.

I'm going to fail a million times, anyone reading and would like to chat about a custom build 2021 doom port with Zand c/s features just DM.

Wish us luck!
Valken

Post by Valken »

Hello ZDL,

Did you try with this build of Zandro from last year:

https://zandronum.com/downloads/testing/3.1/?C=M;O=D

It is about 8 months old but better than nothing?

You can pull back and test a few older builds as well... it is supposed to have some rudimentary zscript support? Not sure about this as it was advised by some PB players.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Current versions of GZD works fine in terms of seccams for me, tried out the original mapset and stared at the cameras swapping resize modes. 4.5.0 stable. No black screens here. Sounds like it might be a hardware issue or something on your end.
Last edited by ZikShadow on Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Thanks for the replies.

I'll take alook at the Zand link, I'm sure I have the SC for this version? Let me doublecheck this, Thanks again.

Regarding the resize bug well I see other threads regarding the exact same issue, here is the link.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71315

Not just this mod either, Stronghold suffers from this bug, any securitycam/externalcam bugs out.

So its not just me at all with all due respect.

Worked fine for 2 years in development, 5 years playing the game.

So I have the beta GPU drivers installed, still bugs out, so I reverted back to 4.2/4.3/4.4 GZDoom and it works fine so that proves the 4.5 is bugged.

It may work for you, it doesn't work for me and many others.

I've wrote a thread in the bug section but still no reply from anyone.

Thanks for the help here, much appreciated.
Korell

Post by Korell »

Yep, I just booted up the ACM 2014 version, noclipped into that room, and the security camera screens are solid black. Using 4.5.0 here, as I have been keeping up to date with the release versions.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello and thanks for the reply.

Yes indeed, infact all mods which implement an external camera suffers from this.

I've wrote a new thread and no reply yet from any devs or anyone? Very strange.

I tried to fix GZDoom but no luck, I'm going to attempt to recompile a custom Zand and GZDoom.

Really sorry about all this, hopefully have something in the works soon.

Thanks again.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

ZikShadow wrote:Current versions of GZD works fine in terms of seccams for me, tried out the original mapset and stared at the cameras swapping resize modes. 4.5.0 stable. No black screens here. Sounds like it might be a hardware issue or something on your end.
Hey ZikShadow, allow all extreme settings like in the video, then quit the game with resize active, thanks for the preview but it wasn't a good enough test.

Setup the options, then quit and restart, you will see the issue.

Just done more tests with AMD and Nvidia setups so every GPU I can think of suffers from this.

Thanks again,
SanyaWaffles
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 for the Motorola Powerstack II
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SanyaWaffles »

So Graf fixed the bug with the hq scalers breaking cameras when you restart the engine. It will be in a future GZDoom release, but will be in a dev build soon.

Hopefully that resolves the main issues you had.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Thanks for the reply.

Yes indeed just replied on the bug thread saying a massive thankyou!

Absolutely brilliant works.

I wish I was a millionaire, I'd pay Garf tens of thousands for the epicness that is GZDoom.
Colerx

Post by Colerx »

wonderful!!! thanks for your work and for matter about co-op! wich is a valuable addon!
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

I'm not sure what to do here to be honest?

Is it possible to force a beta version of GZDoom to the mod? Should I include the 2021 version with the mod?

Thanks again.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”