ALIENS ACM 2121 (ZDL Edition) v2.0

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZDL_800

ALIENS ACM 2121 (ZDL Edition) v2.0

Post by ZDL_800 »

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/AoiUrw1[/imgur]

Listen Up Marine...

We have an update on Aliens ACM, after permission was granted from the Badass Deimos Anomaly, we started work on the coop optimizations and weather systems fix. This is the ZDL Edition of LV-426 colony map and chapter.

Under Construction, just preparing the mod for upload.

Screenshots
Spoiler:
Download and play for an amazing experience of sci-fi horror. Leave feedback please! Good feedback = progress.

Credits...

Sprites:
Deimos Anomaly - Aliens ACM
Symc - Display screens, Main Airduct
Jdredalert - Pulse Rifle
ZDL - Pulse Rifle Muzzle-Flash, Weather System, Xeno gore, Optimized Sprites

Sounds:
21st Century Fox - Cinema sounds

Misc. Graphics:
Pepedrago - Pulse Rifle Framework
21st Century Fox - Sprites and textures

Code:
Symc - Coop weather system, updated visual display screens, CTD fixes
ZDL - Motion Tracker, Updated COOP implementation, Optimized and error fixing

Image Coop Online
At the current moment the mod works correctly in Coop Online mode, its highly recommended to add 'ResurrectUpdate' to the mod order.

Image VR Edition
Stand by. For more information regarding other VR Editions please head over to the ZDL Projects Patreon page.

Image Work In Progress
Should be ready to go, if you encounter any bugs please reply here.

For more information and to offer support, please head over to the ZDL Projects Patreon page.

DOWNLOAD

ALIENS ACM 2121 - STAND BY

If you like our work, please consider supporting us on Patreon.

Limited Time to have your name be scribed into the walls of the ACM intro for all eternity.

ZDL salutes you.

Last edited by ZDL_800 on Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 8 times in total.
jdredalert

Re: ALIENS ACM 2121 (ZDL Edition) v2.0

Post by jdredalert »

I'm sorry, but isn't that the same Pulse Rifle I ripped and recolored years ago for the AvP mod I used to work with Endless123? I know the mod is old and mostly dead, but taking credit for other people's work isn't cool.
Deimos Anomaly

Post by Deimos Anomaly »

jdredalert wrote:I'm sorry, but isn't that the same Pulse Rifle I ripped and recolored years ago for the AvP mod I used to work with Endless123? I know the mod is old and mostly dead, but taking credit for other people's work isn't cool.
I hope this issue with credits is sorted out soon, because this update looks promising!
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello and thanks for the reply.

Really sorry about this, basically downloaded the pulse rifle and first flash from here? It was on the forum, I haven't ripped anything from any mod.

I personally made the rest of the muzzle-flash effects myself, so the rest of the sprite frames are custom.

I honestly thought the sprite was originally from the PS1 game of AVP? Please accept my apology and please lets talk in PM about updating the credits.

Thanks again.
Last edited by ZDL_800 on Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

No problem. I'm always making sure people know that every sprite I use in my mods is free to be re-used by other authors in their projects. I just ask for credits back. I also have a lot of Aliens themed sprites that I can share.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Thanks for the reply.

Now I'm confused? So the Pulse Rifle sprite is originally from the PS1 but you have modified it? Color grading/upscaling? Its looks awesome and I've never seen the sprite in any other Aliens mod?

Up to now I have 3 chapters, all work in VR, only ACM has permission granted so I'm allowed to release the update.

ALIENS ACM 2121 is the first chapter. (Been working on this for 2 years and the VR Edition) My friend seriously removed the headset, trust me, not for the faint hearted, Aliens ACM is well scary. When I was in the air ducts, I could smell the atmosphere, My senses were changing when I moved into other locations, I cant describe it.

ALIENS HADLEYS HOPE is the second chapter. (Only the mappack was changed and coop implementation. Still trying to tone down the amount of Xeno gore as newer versions of GZDoom it seems to tank the FPS.

ALIEN TRILOGY is the third chapter. (Custom mappack and all working in VR, random spawns on every play though, I guess you should be good by now because its Game Over on the 3rd chapter!

Also can I ask, the sprites you linked are outstanding, never seen those in any Aliens mod, would be epic to use the sprites on the third chapter, we just need the permissions granted so we could release all the chapters.

So for the credits under Sprites section 'Jdredalert - Pulse Rifle' is updated now.

Thanks again.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

ZDL_800 wrote:Thanks for the reply.

Now I'm confused? So the Pulse Rifle sprite is originally from the PS1 but you have modified it? Color grading/upscaling? Its looks awesome and I've never seen the sprite in any other Aliens mod?
No, that Pulse Rifle was made by someone called Pepedrago, and hosted on his Sketchfab page. It never appeared in any game and it's not related to any PS1 era games. I used the model as a base for the sprite, positioned it, screenshotted it, re-colored it, slapped Duke's hand on it and that's it.

Also, worth note is that I wasn't the only one to take a shot with this Pulse Rifle model back in the day: MrEnchanter also used it to make his own sprites, in a slightly different angle than mine and gloved hands.

So keep in mind to credit not only me for the sprite, but also Pepedrago for creating the original 3D model that I used as a base.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Having to write this again, I clicked on the link and lost the post.

This is very interesting indeed, I didn't know it was a 3d model of the Pulse Rifle, this is brilliant, I could use the aim down sight position for the VR mod, which would be from the same model. I need to speak with Pepedrago for permission.

JD your sprite work is epic, here's me believing the sprite was a 21st Century paid developer AVP game rip.

Pepedrago is now in the credits.

Thanks again.
Artman2004

Post by Artman2004 »

No download?
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

No download until everyone is happy with he credits.

Also we spent quite some time making sure ACM would run on most versions of GZDoom, big issue.

Now it looks like I have to cap the GZDoom version to the recent one because 2020 GZDoom broke all the security cameras.

Bashed my head against the walls for weeks until I figured it out bloody hell.
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Can't wait for this one ..looks AMAZING
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Can I ask you a question if I may? What version of GZDoom are you using right now? The reason I ask is because one of the top priorities was to create ACM compatible with at least 3 years back on GZDoom, like any version from 2018 to 2021.

What I'm trying to fix is the 2020 versions of GZDoom but its hopeless right now, bashing my head more against the wall.

Should I...

1. Fix the 2020 GZDoom versions?
2. Lock ACM to 2021 GZDoom versions?

The ACM VR Edition is not effected by this so that's some good news!

Thankyou very much for your time and hope to speak soon.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

I would say focus on the top technology. One of the things I have learned from the devs here is that supporting outdated software soon becomes a problem.
Valken

Post by Valken »

I use both latest GZDoom and LZDoom for coop play on the same host due to allowing independent controls.

Testing on these 2 builds should cover most people.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello and thankyou very much for the replies.

I agree, seems I am walking in total darkness here bashing my head against things in the way.

I'm going to cap the version to 2021 versions of GZDoom, I guess people cant be annoyed if I explain the reasons why?

Going to give ACM a last tester on the recent versions and beta version just to make double sure.

Thanks again.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”