HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R14 (1 Jun 2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R7 (Updated 23 Jan 202

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hello again Doom dudes, and despite being a little late, I wish you all a happy new year! :)

(And yes, I hope this present year become better than the previous one, sincerely...)

Well, to say that I have not logged in the forum from several past days for being quite busy with several things, including between them the completion of Revision 7 for H-Project. As the usual thing, the mod keeps growing and improving little by little, and I'm sure this new release will be to the liking of all of you my dear friends! :wink:

And for being brief and not wasting any more time with the usual preambles, here you have the changelog for Revision 7:
  • - A few more evilish hellspawns have come into play on the battlefield to make things more difficult and not let you get out alive. The same old story again, you know... :P
    • + Combined Arms Gunner: a new variant of former human, this fat dude is doubly equipped with an Uzi and a Riot Shotgun, which of course makes him more dangerous than other weaker zombies, so be careful!
      + Tri-Laser Machinegunner: a-ha, his own name confirms it. A hazardous opponent that uses the recently introduced Tri-Laser Machinegun to attack his foes, although fortunately he's not very strong and you could have a chance of obtaining his weapon, if you are lucky enough.
      + Combined Arms Cannoneer: more zombie-ish problems, and this one is pretty worse. This strongly equipped guy comes with a Heavy Machinegun in one hand and a Raider Bazooka in the other one. He can become very harmful to your integrity, so avoid his projectiles at all costs!
      + Dux of Darkness: a sinister familiar of the Hell Knights and Barons of Hell, which is quite skillful by destroying his opponents with its darkness tactics. And unlike its close relatives, it is able to move quickly often. Watch out, do NOT get too close or it will attack you with its fearsome fire breath! :grr:
      + Deeper One: oh no, this is just what was missing... The Deep One's older brother! This Cthulhu-ish creature may seem like a robust version of Dr. Zoidberg from the Futurama series, but it's certainly not friendly at all, so don't trust yourself and keep your distance! :nope:
    - As reinforcement, you are rewarded with a slight increase in your weapons arsenal (not everything was going to be bad, right?), so from this moment you can count with the following added toys:
    • - D-800: a mighty and revolutionary plasmatic revolver, which allows you to shoot quite powerful charges of plasma with a moderate trigger speed. Its secondary firemode is more destructive than the primary one, but also requires more Energy Cell ammunition to work. Also, it should be mentioned that this is a clip-based weapon, so you may need to recharge it at regular intervals. At first and by default, the D-800's native clip is filled up with 20 units, which allows you to shoot 10 rounds of primary fire and 5 rounds of secondary fire without reloading. But once you get a Backpack or a Super Backpack, you'll also obtain an extended clip with a capacity of 40 units, doubling this way your total shooting rounds! :wink:
      - Plague Sower: a scary-looking monster weapon, which resembles a Revenant hand grabbing some kind of mysterious glowing green stone. It is said by some gossip tongues that the sinister properties of this mystic object can reduce the life of its opponents in a terrible way by invoking a huge bunch of toxic souls, and even can allow its bearer to steal the vitality and defense points from those evil creatures that are not affected by the aforementioned offensive. Sounds cool, right? However, this is by far one of the rarest weapons that you could obtain if you have a good stroke of luck, so a long search awaits you...
    - Furthermore, there is also available another secret & ultra-rare weapon, but sadly there is no more official info available at the moment. Nevertheless, the researchers from our Weaponry Headquarters have discovered recently a strange message engraved on an old wall that could be related to this top secret weapon, which after several translation tasks seems to tell the following:
    • TWO DIFFERENT WORLDS FROM ONE SAME UNIVERSE, TWO DIFFERENT CHOSEN ONES WITH THEIR OWN WAR TOOLS;
      THE WILL OF THE SUPREME ONES WILL NOT BE THWARTED, THE TWO WAR TOOLS OF THE CHOSEN ONES WILL BECOME ONE.
    (Seems that it could be a kind of prophecy, but actually it is unknown what does it exactly mean...) :shrug:

- Another new collectable inventory item is available from now: the terrifying and devastating UAC Micro-Nuke bomb! It seems that the crazy scientists of the UAC are never satisfied if they don't research and fabricate any mass destruction weapons... But with this deadly kind of portable device, they have undoubtedly managed to create one of the most powerful and destructive artifacts whose gargantuan explosion is capable of reducing to a pile of ashes any living creature that is within its huge action radius. Warning: if by chance you manage to acquire some of these dangerous toys, think twice before setting them off, because if you don't have any available place to take refuge once the big bomb is activated... goodbye forever, my friend. So then, and once said this, USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! :!:

- Added two new hostile decoration elements: the Nuke Waste Bin (a green-coloured metal barrel filled up with toxic liquid, which could explode and disperse some harmful acid drops in case if it gets perforated or damaged by weapons or melee attacks) and the Radioactive Mushroom (a specimen very similar to the standard Sentinel Mushrooms, but that due to the exposure of toxic substances dispersed by the UAC comrades, they have undergone a mutation that gives them a greenish and sinister glow, in addition to a more dangerous attack than normal, so it will be better for you stay as far away as possible from them).

- From now, the fire/flame attack SFXs (both those by player's weapon(s) and those ones from some enemies) will sound a bit more aggressive, due to the limit removal of this sound types in SNDINFO lump (previously they were cut-off too often, and honestly it wasn't much to my liking).

- The Tri-Laser Machinegun's player sprites have been slightly polished and increased its sharpness (they were a little blurry in previous mod release).

- Nerfed the spike attacks from certain enemies (the Impette, the Stinger and the Steelish Star to be precise) having reduced the damage from each thrown spike by 33% approximately. Also, now the Steelish Star chase movements should be a bit less erratic than before.

- The launched seeking saws from the Saw Thrower weapon are around a 40-50% less damaging than before, for not being too much overpowered against certain enemies (specially versus most Big Bosses).

- Updated the internal HUD for compatibility with each and every newly introduced weapon in this mod update.

- Some bugfixings, code optimizations and a few mistype corrections.
Phew... More or less, that's all from now! :tongue:

Hope you enjoy this new fresh release... Have fun, everyone! 8-)
dragomir

Post by dragomir »

Your mode is great :D :D .Please add weapons and enemy info.also can you make the hero a little weaker.he gets huge health like 400 or 500 and thats too much. :yup:
Also can you give list of interesting companions in this mode and what they do?So far i only got a robot like guy and he does not leave the room. :?
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

dragomir wrote:Your mode is great :D :D .Please add weapons and enemy info.also can you make the hero a little weaker.he gets huge health like 400 or 500 and thats too much. :yup:
Also can you give list of interesting companions in this mode and what they do?So far i only got a robot like guy and he does not leave the room. :?
Ye know in a way I only have came across the robot mercenary too, as much as it would be nice to bring him along besides teleporting if he gets stuck. Though I think the green floaty pew pew gem is kind of a companion unless their are others I may not know yet in my play time.
Although I always have that little thing that itches me a tad with renegade marines, not that I think it is odd that they are the only normally appearing humans who want your pootis butt if anything I think they are fine. But, I always think about ether basically changing their mind in some fashion to be good marines (as I think of mind control, but I am a sucker for it to be used on any enemy heh. :tongue:), a lost beacon that could get a bud or more, and/or maybe a marine in peril that you interact with and hope to not kill him by "accident" first. :twisted:

His health seems fine to me though when I played quite a few times on more hard starting maps, being that his base health or overhealed health and armor is meant to tank a bit of the already large sums of damage demons or zombies can bring his way from any point of the game. I have died sometimes when I was not careful with the health he gets, so I can back it up that it is more fair than what may appear. =:)
dragomir

Post by dragomir »

I am playing ultra violence difficulty and i have 2000 health in map 13(doom 2 classic map).Also in map 12(the factory)there is a bug.A switch located inside a blue door was supposed to open a large dark room full of enemies but it does not open in this mode.i used clip mode to go there and found the crossbow.This is a secrete room.I am playing January update with save game from December update but i dont think that should cause any problem.
Also many weapons seems function like same,and some weapons become redundant later.It would be great if all weapons were useful. :( :( .
like the poison spray is good(i killed a cyber demon variant with this easily,with invulnerability sphere) but blow pipe is useless.I dont think poison crossbow will do any good. :shrug:
I think some weapons are overpowered and even though enemies are more powerful then vanilla doom they dont stand against hero.Ali's brutal doom have tough enemies.They move fast and deals high damage.I hope moder change some enemy aspects and make them more difficult. :shucks: :thinking:
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

dragomir wrote:Also in map 12(the factory)there is a bug.A switch located inside a blue door was supposed to open a large dark room full of enemies but it does not open in this mode.
It happened to me once a long time ago playing Unholy Dreams. Not sure how it works, but some enemy versions of this mod may enter on conflict with the code that trigger switches and areas when killed. The good thing is that you have the emergency button powerup for situations like this
dragomir wrote: Also many weapons seems function like same,and some weapons become redundant later.It would be great if all weapons were useful. :( :( .
like the poison spray is good(i killed a cyber demon variant with this easily,with invulnerability sphere) but blow pipe is useless.I dont think poison crossbow will do any good. :shrug:
I think some weapons are overpowered and even though enemies are more powerful then vanilla doom they dont stand against hero.Ali's brutal doom have tough enemies.They move fast and deals high damage.I hope moder change some enemy aspects and make them more difficult. :shucks: :thinking:
This is something that is common on gameplay mods that add a wide variety of both weapons and/or monsters. For mods like Brutal Doom looks easy to balance things to have some specific roles and uses, but take on consideration on this mod that at least on weaponry you have like 6 to 8 or 9 weapons per category, on ten different categories. I agree that some weapons are really OP, but also it depends more on luck to get them during a map, and later if you want to use them or not. :3: :3: :3:
Gourry
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Gourry »

Not sure if bug, when getting close to Alpha Hades; stuck and can't move.
Is there also a plan to be able to clean the stone enemies projectiles off the map? It makes slaughter maps lag for me.
dragomir

Post by dragomir »

Someonewhoplaysdoom Actually it is possible to make enemy more dangerous.Ali's brutal doom is an example.Enemy moves and shoots faster,dive on ground and deal high damage.If those enemy behaviors are applied in these mode,it would be golden. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
This mode is already great though. :D
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

dragomir wrote:I am playing January update with save game from December update but i dont think that should cause any problem.
I recently read this. Is actually a surprise that your launcher didn't give you a Crash bug, because the savegames from previous versions usually aren't compatible with updated versions of a mod. That would be maybe the problem
I am playing ultra violence difficulty and i have 2000 health in map 13(doom 2 classic map)
This is actually normal. You start with like 200 or 300 base HP and you get extra HP for level ups, also there's a lot of powerups that allow you to overheal. In fact, you can have up to 9999 HP and 999 armor with 100% damage threshold by getting overhealing and armor bonuses and items.
This is balanced by the fact that on higher difficulties even the most basic enemies can deplete your health like nothing, and the normal healing items like stims and medikit are relatively useless.
Someonewhoplaysdoom Actually it is possible to make enemy more dangerous.Ali's brutal doom is an example.Enemy moves and shoots faster,dive on ground and deal high damage.
It sound nice, but as I said yesterday, Its kinda difficult to put on comparison Ali Jr's challenge to have the same characteristics on an enemy bestiary that is inmense, and more considering that a lot of HXRTC enemies have their own patterns of attack and movement.
For the difficulty, you should try one of the last 3-4 levels of difficulty of the mod, these are really brutal and you actually want to have your HP from more than 1000
dragomir

Post by dragomir »

For the difficulty, you should try one of the last 3-4 levels of difficulty of the mod
Okay i will try that.
a surprise that your launcher didn't give you a Crash bug, because the savegames from previous versions usually aren't compatible with updated versions of a mod. That would be maybe the problem
normally yes,but in this case everything is normal.Only one secret door didn't open.Not sure its main mode problem or update problem.
Watch this video from 7:9 and you will know wich room i talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y7Yc-wI5ZY
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Gourry wrote:Not sure if bug, when getting close to Alpha Hades; stuck and can't move.
I have personally tested it in-game several times, but I haven't been able to get stuck by this enemy... Could you tell me where and how has it happened to you? Which GZDoom/LZDoom version are you using?
Gourry wrote:Is there also a plan to be able to clean the stone enemies projectiles off the map? It makes slaughter maps lag for me.
The spawned boulders are already cleared automatically from the map after a while, but if the problem is usual in your case, I could make an extra addon to reduce drastically the time it takes for stones to disappear...
dragomir wrote:normally yes,but in this case everything is normal.Only one secret door didn't open.Not sure its main mode problem or update problem.
Watch this video from 7:9 and you will know wich room i talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y7Yc-wI5ZY
I have tested Map 12 with a pistol start game and all four secrets of the place are completely achievable for me (using LZDoom 3.87b), so your problem maybe not related with the mod itself.

Generally, it is not recommended to make any updates of the sourceport or the used mods if you have a game pending to finish. For avoiding any possible issues, it is better to wait and complete your current game, and then make the pertinent updates before starting another new game.
Gourry

Post by Gourry »

Stones clear after a while? Didn't know that.
Was using GZDoom 4.3.3. Also was playing lvl 13 in plutonia with the fly and god mode cheat for chuckles. It bonked into me and started biting. Tried kicking it away but doesn't work.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Gourry wrote:Stones clear after a while? Didn't know that.
Was using GZDoom 4.3.3. Also was playing lvl 13 in plutonia with the fly and god mode cheat for chuckles. It bonked into me and started biting. Tried kicking it away but doesn't work.
Then that may be the main problem... I mean, those cheats are useful for debugging and/or for occasional fun, but of course they're not intended for normal play because in rare cases -like this- they could give unexpected results.

And even so, I don't think there's anything stopping you from switching to Double Knuckles weapon and punching continuously the monster's face until it is defeated... Am I wrong? :P
Gourry

Post by Gourry »

You're not wrong. It works now though. Thanks.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

@Hexereticdoom

I get mouse jitter/camera lag with almost all weapons when firing. You need to remove the SPF_INTERPOLATE flag, it's bugged and absolutely unnecessary. In the past, enabling mouse smoothing helped, but as of 4.5.0 it does nothing anymore.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=61422
user5124

Post by user5124 »

The continual improvement and refinement has made this into a very good quality mod - the recent release was great, and I've completed a megawad with it. :wub:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”