Angled Doom v0.8, ADP v2.1 and AD Lite v1.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
VecterStroke

Re: Angled Doom v0.7 Released! 10/18/2020

Post by VecterStroke »

I understand AD Lite was not your main focus, but I would Like to note that enemy sprites are still in the AD lite pk3 file. It would help to remove everything that pertains to monsters in AD lite to increase compatibility.

PS: Is it possible to release a monsters only version?
jdredalert

Re: Angled Doom v0.7 Released! 10/18/2020

Post by jdredalert »

RELEASE!

And it's out! After a rough year with lots of ups and downs, it's finally done! The new version of Angled Doom Plus is here, and i really want to thank all you guys that supported me over this hellish year of 2020. If it wasn't for you guys i wouldn't have the strength to finish it, at least not now.

So what are you guys waiting for? Links are both here and on the first page! Enjoy it and Merry Christmas!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Angled Doom Plus v2.0 is out! Merry Christmas!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Nice to see it dude!

I do hope this gets more and more noticed :)
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Thank you Doc. And as always, for those who want to use stuff from this mod in their own projects, feel free to do so as long as you give proper credits. Check inside the pk3 for a credits.txt file for more details.
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

So had a fair bit of fun with this mod, but what I'm most interested is in that new difficulty. Is there any plans to separate that into it's own standalone mod?
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Well, sorta. Back in 2019 I was on a modding hiatus and decided that it was about time to come back. At first, the idea was something kinda big, but the final decision was to resume my modding activities with something simpler. So, Angled Doom was born. The Plus addon came into my mind as something way smaller than it is now, just a few new weapons and that's it, but the thing started to grow too fast. By the time I was finishing it last month, I thought that Angled Doom Plus has enough material to become standalone, but I simply could not waste more time making it it's own thing. After one year of working on it, the burnout was starting to show it's face and was either keep the plan as an addon or see everything go to waste (because frankly, I don't think I could delay it again and keep working on it for too long). Now that it's finished, turning it into a standalone mod can be one of the things to do next year. Just not for now. I may also have some ideas for another addon to be announced soon.... :wink:

TL;DR: I may do it in the future, but let me take a rest from it first lol.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

I'm going to be honest, I love everything in the new Angled Doom Plus except the Supershotgun sprite.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Thank you for your honest opinion. Which one you dislike, the regular Super Shotgun or the BFSSG?
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

jdredalert wrote:Thank you for your honest opinion. Which one you dislike, the regular Super Shotgun or the BFSSG?
The BFSSG.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

The original Angled Doom, without the addon is pretty solid and satisfying. However some weapons need to be angled with a better perspective. Like the Pistol and SSG. Also i just noticed that the projectiles of Imp and Revenant leave no decal. Also Archvile's arm gib floats when dropped to the floor.
Spoiler: And about the Plus Addon itself...
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

@TheOldKingCole
Ok, time to work on it to make it look better, or find a suitable replacement.

@Captain J
About the HUD, you must play in 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratios, these are the resolutions supported right now. But the BFG10k part, I couldn't reproduce here, in both GZDoom 4.3.3 (the version I have used to create the mod) and the 4.5 version i'm using now.
HQDefault
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by HQDefault »

Hey, I just wanted to ask if I could get permission to use/modify some of the sprites in this mod as a placeholder for a gameplay WAD I'm working on. Obviously I'll be sure to credit you. It's going to be a fairly simple rebalancing with a design change to the look of the arms, so the idea was while I'm working on the full set of sprites I could just do some minor adjustments to these animation sets to get the same idea.

That's all, thank you.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Sure thing!
jdredalert wrote:And as always, for those who want to use stuff from this mod in their own projects, feel free to do so as long as you give proper credits. Check inside the pk3 for a credits.txt file for more details.
VecterStroke

Post by VecterStroke »

doin okay? any updates?
jdredalert

Angled Doom v0.7 and Plus add-on v2.0

Post by jdredalert »

Hey Vecter! I'm doing okay, thanks. Been a while since the last logged and had no progress made since last December. BUT, I'm feeling the itch to mod again these days, and what a better place to start over than Angled Doom, right? I'm gonna play my old mod again in order to get a feel for it once more and see what can be added, corrected or modified. Expect news soon!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”