Anybody know of any gore mods?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
KingFrog564

Anybody know of any gore mods?

Post by KingFrog564 »

Ok so I have the typical
Nash's gore mod
viewtopic.php?t=62641
Bolognese Gore
https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/ ... re-mod-v20
Droplets
viewtopic.php?t=46509
But I want something different. I'm looking for another universal gore mod like all of these ones that don't effect the gameplay in any way. It only effects the gibs and blood.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Anybody know of any gore mods?

Post by Caligari87 »

Both Droplets and Nashgore are already very "universal", especially Nashgore with how it can support new blood types (BLUDTYPE lump) without patching or separate versions.

Universal Gibs Is the only other major one I know of. No longer maintained but highly customizable and as the name implies it tries to be compatible with most things.

8-)
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Also VBLUD - minimalist blood mod by Nash.
KingFrog564

Post by KingFrog564 »

Vblud is nice
KingFrog564

Post by KingFrog564 »

Universal Gibs I'm disappointed I didn't hear about until now I'm loving it
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

If you like the Source-like blood and gore of DBT's mods, DBTBlood.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Universal Gibs is very much still alive and maintained. The thread is six feet under, but not the mod. It says so in the thread's OP, even. I haven't done anything significant lately, outside of a couple of bugfixes, mainly because the mod is relatively feature-complete. Rule of thumb with my mods: if the repo's description doesn't say [DEAD] or anything of the sort, then it's not dead.

But yeah, it's one of those mods that has flown under the radar for a long, long time. It's because I don't make project threads on the forum anymore and keep development to the Discord and GitLab.
MasterZeroFlash
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by MasterZeroFlash »

Sorry for necroing (but I didnt want to start a completely new thread for basically the same question), but what is/are the current go-to(s) for mods that add blood and gore (a la Ketchup, Bolognese, etc) and only that, to be used mostly with map-packs and perhaps like weapon-skin or weapon-packs and only the occasional 'bigger' sort of mod? Nashgore? Universal Gibs? Vblud? Any of these still relevant? (I think I saw something about Nashgore somewhere).

Return to “General”