Xim's Star Wars Doom - Updated (MAY/4/2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Xim

Re: Xim's Star Wars Doom - Update (7/3/20)

Post by Xim »

Yebudoom wrote:Xim, I've been meaning to ask you what is probably a stupid question: how does the saber throw work? When I press Q, nothing happens. When I hold it, the saber seems to freeze in my hand and its coloured aura seems to get stronger, but still nothing happens besides that. Do I have to press something along with Q? I've tried some combinations, but to no avail. Do I have to aim it somehow before throwing? Do I have to have some Force powers to be able to throw the saber?

Probably I'm failing because I somehow assumed that throwing the saber will be as easy as throwing the machete in Trailblazer, and I'm obviously missing a more elaborate way to do it in your mod.
You just press whatever button you have set up for "Zoom", while using the lightsaber. Same as using the scopes for weapons. You can only throw your lightsaber while you have it equipped.

There should a key setup for "Scope/Saber Throw" in the options menu.

The saber-throw is pretty simple and actually nothing elaborate. It automatically seeks out targets for a few seconds and then (kind of) comes back to you.

Sometimes it glitches out and it won't come back. I made a work-around so that re-selecting the lightsaber automatically automatically gives it back.
Yebudoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Yebudoom »

Ah yes, I've done some more testing and see the problem. It turns out I've never used any class other than Kyle Katarn before (except Mara Jade just recently). So today I picked the Jedi class for the first time and he can throw the saber just fine. But he has a Force pool from the start, while Kyle and Mara don't. So I take it the Force pool is needed for throwing the saber?
Xim

Post by Xim »

Yes, the saber is thrown with the force. It's unlocked as soon as you get force powers.
Yebudoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Yebudoom »

Xim wrote:Yes, the saber is thrown with the force. It's unlocked as soon as you get force powers.
All right, thanks. Told you it was a stupid question :mrgreen:
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Say, if you're going to have Mara Jade as an alt skin with all of Katarn's abilities and mechanics, what about making Han Solo as a Trooper alt? Maybe even make him start with a DL-44?

Did anyone ever make a good Han Solo sprite?
Xim

Post by Xim »

I haven't found any good Han Solo sprites yet. I think I'd rather stick with Legends characters being the stars, but I wouldn't mind making the classic four heroes (Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie) playable in a patch or something in the future. Might be fun to play the "Star Wars for DOOM2" levels as the movie characters. But I would need sprites. There is Luke sprite, but it's not the best. I made a Wookie sprite that featured in the new version, I could probably work that into a Chewie sprite. Maybe a Leia and Han sprite could be made, but it'd be more work.
austen1000

Post by austen1000 »

I was using Demon-Counterstrike, a mod that spawns in additional ememies on maps, on that Doom Stranding map. In the past, I could of sworn I had flying TIE Fighters spawn in with it. But doing a test with setting both Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind spawns to 100% and no delay in spawning, the only TIEs I could get to spawn were the ground-based TIE Maulers. I'm not sure if it some problem with Demon-Counterstrike (it seems to spawn in other enemy variants just fine, including boss-tier Dark Troopers and other enemies tied to Cyberdemons and Spider Masterminds), something messed up with switching them from spawning with Masterminds to Cyberdemons in the last update, placebo/false memories on my end, or if the spawning of flying TIEs is limited to certain maps. Thank you in advance for any information.
Xim

Post by Xim »

austen1000 wrote:I was using Demon-Counterstrike, a mod that spawns in additional ememies on maps, on that Doom Stranding map. In the past, I could of sworn I had flying TIE Fighters spawn in with it. But doing a test with setting both Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind spawns to 100% and no delay in spawning, the only TIEs I could get to spawn were the ground-based TIE Maulers. I'm not sure if it some problem with Demon-Counterstrike (it seems to spawn in other enemy variants just fine, including boss-tier Dark Troopers and other enemies tied to Cyberdemons and Spider Masterminds), something messed up with switching them from spawning with Masterminds to Cyberdemons in the last update, placebo/false memories on my end, or if the spawning of flying TIEs is limited to certain maps. Thank you in advance for any information.
Hmm, that's odd. I haven't played Demon-Counterstrike. I did switch over the TIEs to Cyberdemons now, and they're a bit rare. But they should still spawn, unless theirs a something I overlooked that prevents them from doing so.

EDIT: Damnit, I must have messed something up, because it seems in the normal game TIEs never seem to spawn. I have it in the code that they do, but I guess it gets ignored. I'll probably have to make a hotfix for now.
Attachments
Xim-StarWarsTieSpawnerFix.pk3
Hotfix for Xim-StarWars-v2.8.5
(831 Bytes) Downloaded 91 times
austen1000

Post by austen1000 »

Xim wrote:
austen1000 wrote:I was using Demon-Counterstrike, a mod that spawns in additional ememies on maps, on that Doom Stranding map. In the past, I could of sworn I had flying TIE Fighters spawn in with it. But doing a test with setting both Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind spawns to 100% and no delay in spawning, the only TIEs I could get to spawn were the ground-based TIE Maulers. I'm not sure if it some problem with Demon-Counterstrike (it seems to spawn in other enemy variants just fine, including boss-tier Dark Troopers and other enemies tied to Cyberdemons and Spider Masterminds), something messed up with switching them from spawning with Masterminds to Cyberdemons in the last update, placebo/false memories on my end, or if the spawning of flying TIEs is limited to certain maps. Thank you in advance for any information.
Hmm, that's odd. I haven't played Demon-Counterstrike. I did switch over the TIEs to Cyberdemons now, and they're a bit rare. But they should still spawn, unless theirs a something I overlooked that prevents them from doing so.

EDIT: Damnit, I must have messed something up, because it seems in the normal game TIEs never seem to spawn. I have it in the code that they do, but I guess it gets ignored. I'll probably have to make a hotfix for now.
That hotfix did the trick. Thank you again.
Xim

Re: Xim's Star Wars Doom - Update (10/30/20)

Post by Xim »

Xim's Star Wars Doom has been updated.
Some new graphics, a couple bugfixes, (but I bet there's new ones too as always) and a new Dark Forces style hud! Download is on the first post.

Changes from last version:
Spoiler:
Haven't gotten around to polishing up the weapons and enemies only versions yet. I might be a bit busy soon but I'll see what I can do.
JohnDoe8

Post by JohnDoe8 »

I encountered a bug, sometimes when a sith/dark jedi stops defending he becomes totally invulnerable to attacks (all weapons), this usually happens when I attack him with grenades or using force push.
Xim

Post by Xim »

JohnDoe8 wrote:I encountered a bug, sometimes when a sith/dark jedi stops defending he becomes totally invulnerable to attacks (all weapons), this usually happens when I attack him with grenades or using force push.
I'll have to get that fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

EDIT: Should be fixed now, try re-downloading.
JohnDoe8

Post by JohnDoe8 »

Thank you very much! I can now resume blasting.
k_das

Post by k_das »

Just found this. Thanks a ton for this. It's a great mod and it works wonderfully.
Xim

Re: Xim's Star Wars Doom - Update (3/12/21)

Post by Xim »

New update, now you can play as a Mandalorian! The weapons animations have also been given more of a "punch" to them! Links in the first post.

CHANGE LOG
Spoiler:
Let me know if there are any issues. Have fun! And thank you to all who play!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”