[ECWolf] CeeJay's "Shoe Shine" patch

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CeeJay

Re: [ECWolf] CeeJay's "Shoe Shine" patch

Post by CeeJay »

spiffythedog

Post by spiffythedog »

Thanks!
hoover1979
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by hoover1979 »

It seems like on E1M10 and one of the secret levels in SOD all enemies die to the tone of a fart. It only happens when this great GFX mod is enabled, when run in vanilla mode the fart glitch is gone. Is anyone else getting this?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

No, this is an issue that does exist. Wasn't able to figure why this was, but I haven't really had a look at it for some time.

EDIT: Uploaded new version, got around the issue by simply removing the fart sfx all together. Also a handful of updated sprites. Enjoy!
domino089

Post by domino089 »

Hi Ceejay, congratulations for the excellent high resolution sprite work, I dare make a request to you if possible, I am currently doing a compilation of high resolution sprites from various users to make a mod that includes both Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny and the mission pack, precisely for the mission pack in the sprites that I found from Submarine Willy are missing for redrawing 3 death sprites that are (SUBWH0, SUBWI0, SUBWJ0) you could redraw these 3 missing sprites? Attached Submarine Willy sprites
Attachments
SUBW.zip
(75.4 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

As much as I would like to help I'm afraid I just ain't the right guy for the job, you might want to ask here viewtopic.php?f=37&t=52873 or at the Resource Request sub-forum.
domino089

Post by domino089 »

Ok, thanks :thumb:
hoover1979
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by hoover1979 »

CeeJay wrote:No, this is an issue that does exist. Wasn't able to figure why this was, but I haven't really had a look at it for some time.

EDIT: Uploaded new version, got around the issue by simply removing the fart sfx all together. Also a handful of updated sprites. Enjoy!
Thanks @Ceejay.
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Is it possible to implement textured floors and ceilings on a per-level basis, assuming that there are HD textures that can do this convincingly?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

ShockwaveS08 wrote:Is it possible to implement textured floors and ceilings on a per-level basis, assuming that there are HD textures that can do this convincingly?
I believe this would have to involve editing the actual levels themselves, worth looking into if it can be done without touching the maps. And no, I am not aware of any HD Wolf3D floor tiles.
joshthenesnerd

Post by joshthenesnerd »

i was looking at some map info stuff for EC wolf, and it looks like you can set a custom floor/ceiling colour for every level, maybe mapinfo will allow for custom textures in place of a hex code for colour?
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

joshthenesnerd wrote:i was looking at some map info stuff for EC wolf, and it looks like you can set a custom floor/ceiling colour for every level, maybe mapinfo will allow for custom textures in place of a hex code for colour?
It sure does ;).

If you’re willing to edit the actual maps you can do third plane flats as well and have multiple textures.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Sorry if I disturbing this dormat thread but the download link to the latest shoeshine patch is dead as of 2/7/2021. someone should repost the mods' most recent update as to hopefully replace the dead links that once linked to the Shoeshine mod in question.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

As far as I can tell none of the download links are dead.
blackghost86
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by blackghost86 »

Does anybody still have the hq pk3 files for The Lost Episodes by Dunya? I couldn't find any working links.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”