La Tailor Girl v1.89 Plain Black [updated march 18 2023]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.75B

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

Hi, I want to report some minor issues with the mod: 1- On Eviternity, the Invincibility sphere sprite have some kind of recolor that overwrite the Kamui dress. I couldn't pick one during the playtrought (because they are on hidden areas) and the item aparently only appears on Map 32, but I think its only visual and the mod works fine on that WAD.

2- A vissual Issue on Nari's Succubus Cool gun shows that both firemodes shoots with medium charge cells, while actually the weapon fires an enhanced first fire and the low level normal fire on secondary.

3- Im not sure if this is a Glitch or is intended, but the Ultra BFG have a greatly reduced posibility to spawn. For example, on my eviternity playthrough I only found the Void orb, while on Epic 2 the BFG spawned only on 2 or 3 maps. Finally on Kins Test map, the Ultra BFG is spawning like 1 or 0 between the 6 BFG weapon slots of the map.
zm5 wrote:Loving this mod, though I do also wish there was a fitting monster randomizer to go along with it - CH stuff keeps destroying me (abyss monsters in particular).

Has to be asked - what's the full artwork for the new console background?
On that, I could sugest you Stylish Hell, with replaces the demons with cute Demon girl variants that have different powers depending of their suits. Fits pretty well the style of La Tailor Girl in both appareance and gameplay. The only drawbacks are that mod got abbandoned and maybe could have some incompatibility issues (And makes the former soldiers and Arch-viles really cancerous to deal)

For me Colorful Hell is better, but I sugest you to configure some of the spawn rates for the extra monsters like the void, fireblue, Etc.
Last edited by Someonewhoplaysdoom on Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

It's been a while since i played this neaty witty mod with some sense of fan service and humor. I now see a lot of clothes to try on and it's nicely randomized that weapons' behavior gets different depends on what kind of outfit you're on.
Spoiler: I guess it's a fine day to share me some feedback
Holy shiet, that's all for now. I only looked for Daina because other two characters act very differently as well. So i might come back later. Also i've got a question: Who drew the console pic? It's very fancy and beautiful-
Darkbeetlebot

Post by Darkbeetlebot »

Is Nari's PDA not functional yet? I get an error (Unknown script "PDANARI") whenever I try to bring it up. Daina's works fine. Is this intentional or something? I noticed that the code for it isn't compiled in the mod, but compiling it doesn't seem to make it work.

Love the mod, by the way.
Succubi

Post by Succubi »

How do you bind the "strip" option in GZdoom? I've looked all over the settings only to make myself feel stupid, I've only used one other mod for Doom and it didn't make me bind anything special for it so I don't know what I'm doing.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Succubi wrote:How do you bind the "strip" option in GZdoom? I've looked all over the settings only to make myself feel stupid, I've only used one other mod for Doom and it didn't make me bind anything special for it so I don't know what I'm doing.
On customize controls. The vast majority of mods have binding keys separately from the basic gameplay keys and you should recognize them only by enter to that menu.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Hi' for the time I played this mod, somethimes that happens because its incredibly difficult to take all the items that could spam on a map. Take on consideration that the oufits counts as individual items, as well as some consumables that you can encounter like the Scraps Orb, the Tailor box and the Wine, among others.

If you want to get 100% items while playing La Tailor Girl, you will need to find and put each oufit on the levels, as well to get all the consumables, and some of them have a small limit to carry (you can only have two Scrap orbs, and only one Wine bottle for example). Its posible, but its really difficult and unnecesary.
It's one of the things that really can't be helped, if it makes one feel better remember that UV max runners only care about kill percentage and secrets
Has to be asked - what's the full artwork for the new console background?
I really dont think I can link it here but you can find it on twitter if you dig a little
1- On Eviternity, the Invincibility sphere sprite have some kind of recolor that overwrite the Kamui dress. I couldn't pick one during the playtrought (because they are on hidden areas) and the item aparently only appears on Map 32, but I think its only visual and the mod works fine on that WAD.

2- A vissual Issue on Nari's Succubus Cool gun shows that both firemodes shoots with medium charge cells, while actually the weapon fires an enhanced first fire and the low level normal fire on secondary.

3- Im not sure if this is a Glitch or is intended, but the Ultra BFG have a greatly reduced posibility to spawn. For example, on my eviternity playthrough I only found the Void orb, while on Epic 2 the BFG spawned only on 2 or 3 maps. Finally on Kins Test map, the Ultra BFG is spawning like 1 or 0 between the 6 BFG weapon slots of the map.
1. Unfortunately, nothing can be really done here, its all on eviternity's side.
2. Will note this down for the next tweak round
3. Intentional. Ultra BFG is rarer but it can also spawn outside of weapon 7 slot spawns with low chance, backpacks have a chance to spawn with it, shopping bags have a chance to spawn it, etc. Void orb can only spawn on weapon 7 spots, you might sometimes even get both

- Super Shocker's Alt-Fire slightly hurts you if you keep firing it and move forward. I guess this weapon is so strong?

- Smart Grenade Launcher's Alt-Fire on default outfit sometimes would only play its coking sound effect. I guess firing sound is actually coming from the projectile itself and whatnot.

// Ill check on this, it has had some voice issues

- I see some items like Backpack, Night Visor and Computer Map didn't get replaced yet.

//They spawn with stuff, since they have their own functions I felt like leaving them alone.

- Some Old Nade Launcher's small yellow fragments on Max Level MMORPG Armor stays in the map forever, until some unfortunate soul steps on it.

// That's a bug, will look into

- Ultra BFG Fiber's Alt-Fire Meteor on Max Level MMORPG Armor does not entirely spawn if you shoot it at the wall.

// not really sure how to fix this, the main fire is pretty buggy to start with so I might just rework it

Also the same thing happens to Office Secretary Lady Gear, but gets affected by the Primary Fire.

// This one I can try fix a little

- A String of Life and Gutsy Belt plays Vanilla Doom pickup sound.

// Ill probably give them a new sound at some point, but in general this doesnt seem to be big issue

- Ultra BFG Fiber's Alt-Fire Water Jet on Skumizu Swimwear seems like damaging you, because the ripping sound plays when you get closer to it. But it does not damage you, really. I think this also happens to Void Sphere's Primary Fire as well.

Also the same thing happens to Black Bikini, but gets affected by the Primary Fire.

// Ive been trying to make it so they wouldn't do that but they are being stubborn about it, I am gonna try some work arounds at some point when I get some ideas on how to make that happen

- Is it me? Or Laser Pistol's Primary Fire on Space Marine Suit is loud is hell? It's even louder than the Secondary one.

// oops. Will look into

- Slot 1 Snowball sprite on Arctic Outfit is not really widescreen-friendly.

// need to look into that at some point but its one of those things that are bit annoying to fix, same goes for the firekini one

- Old Nade Launcher's Alt-Fire on Shivers' Armor plays no launching sound effect.
// Fixing
Long one so I put my comments within

Is Nari's PDA not functional yet? I get an error (Unknown script "PDANARI") whenever I try to bring it up. Daina's works fine. Is this intentional or something? I noticed that the code for it isn't compiled in the mod, but compiling it doesn't seem to make it work.

Love the mod, by the way.
The PDA is very wonky right now as it is, Nari has lot of features still as Work In Progress, I am planning to rehaul the PDA as a whole and make it an universal thing for all the girls.
Originally Nari was gonna have a very broad PDA

Version 1.76b up;
Download

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.76B fresh shreds

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

I want to say something goofy about the thumbnail after I keep passing it by.
Sometimes, I read it as La Tailor Gurl like it is back in one of those trending times to make girls sound more cool. :P
MPN

Post by MPN »

Glad to see that there are still updates. :D
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Glad to hear all that

Anyway, A quick patch up, since there was an issue with the hud and sewie, had to do a quick fix for it, but I also added some adjustments to few things aswell while I was at it

1.76C

Download

ChangeLog;
Spoiler:
Dolphinboy86

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.76C Fix Fix

Post by Dolphinboy86 »

I've got a few questions regarding Sewie. In the help menu she is said to use spinning to change cloths, but I haven't experienced such thing. So far if I made her to put on another cloth, she has just changed to it without anything extraordinary. She has never spinned around, if I could understand right how her clothing management should work.

Also, it is mentioned that she can kick things around, but I haven't been able to make her do it. In the help menu something is written about it (looking down and using melee), but unfortunately it's not entirely clear to me. Does it mean change to weapon slot 1 (fist), and push the fire button and the looking down button at the same time? Just because I tried it, but it hasn't worked, and that was the case when I pushed them separately too (first looking down, then punching).

I'd be very grateful for some help so I could enjoy this mod at this entirity.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Dolphinboy86 wrote:I've got a few questions regarding Sewie. In the help menu she is said to use spinning to change cloths, but I haven't experienced such thing. So far if I made her to put on another cloth, she has just changed to it without anything extraordinary. She has never spinned around, if I could understand right how her clothing management should work.
The thing with Spinning is that she can't put her clothes off manually unless she gets an advice of change clothing near other stuff. This is different to Daina and Nari which can use the strip button wherever you want and pick up clothes, while Sewie needs to be near clothes to actually change them, and with a lot of clothes near you maybe can end picking one what you don't want.
HolyHeadcrab

Post by HolyHeadcrab »

Dolphinboy86 wrote:I've got a few questions regarding Sewie. In the help menu she is said to use spinning to change cloths, but I haven't experienced such thing.
The "spinning" that happens is purely visual and auditory. If you enable chasecam you can see Sewie spin around quickly to change into her new clothes along with the sound effect.
Dolphinboy86

Post by Dolphinboy86 »

Well, the spinning is clear now to me.
Cornelius Vanderbilt

Post by Cornelius Vanderbilt »

I know this is going to sound stupid, I know I'm going to look like an idiot for saying it, but how do I upgrade clothes? I know how to, pressing e on them while wearing the same outfit, but I don't know if a special item is needed or what because no matter how many times I press e or hold down e, it does not work. What am I supposed to do? I'm completely lost.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:I know this is going to sound stupid, I know I'm going to look like an idiot for saying it, but how do I upgrade clothes? I know how to, pressing e on them while wearing the same outfit, but I don't know if a special item is needed or what because no matter how many times I press e or hold down e, it does not work. What am I supposed to do? I'm completely lost.
Nari can't upgrade outfits.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”