[p33] Reelism 2 - This Mod Has Moved. See OP for details.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tartlman

Re: [p10] Reelism 2 - v0.5 "Early Excess" OUT NOW!

Post by Tartlman »

So i played the demo! There's to many compliments to list them all out, so here's a couple of my criticisms:

- Health pickups seem a lot rarer now. You can't really go on the offensive anymore, since i've managed to go whole rounds without finding a single one.
- I think that grease is the world is a little excessive. Combined with the rarer health items, which are now nearly impossible to pick up with no friction, it can be a death sentence.
- The moon gravity feels... underwhelming? I think it would be a more interesting slot if you lowered the gravity further.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Spoiler: more feedback incoming.
eltiolavara9 wrote:edit: also having to wait a few seconds to retry after dying is kind of annoying after a while imo
For some reason, yeah. I can't click to skip the post mortem quickly. So my recommendation is just go for the manual menu select.
Arctangent wrote:this is, without a doubt, the world's #1 melissophobia simulator
Plus Cynophobia. BELIEVE ME.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

I'm not immediately commenting on a lot of the feedback because I want to stack it all up so I can tackle it at once (I greatly appreciate it!) but I'll tackle this one real quick:
Captain J wrote:- So i've found this hole at the castle map, but it's just empty. Unfinished?
No, it's a shortcut for rats and other rat-sized things.
eltiolavara9

Post by eltiolavara9 »

Gothic wrote: Also Pie in the Sky is proof that the Football weapon needs to have a brake function.
you can "brake" it, it's just your mouse sensitivity is really decreased so you have to start frantically sliding it to crash into a wall and stop
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

there are no walls in Pie in the Sky until over half-way through when the slices start sliding around, and even that's random and thus not reliable. That's the problem.
eltiolavara9

Post by eltiolavara9 »

ohhh alright i don't think i've played that one
is it in hell circus
Juice

Post by Juice »

This mod rules so far and I have no complaints! Its frantic and fast and the variety present even now is really interesting to me! Love the sidequesty stuff you can do in the town as well. The only things I would suggest are more ranged options in the Sports Reel (maybe firing baseballs with the slugger as an alt-fire or something) and maybe a Food themed Reel so I can get the Cutlery without having to buy it in the town :p.
Juice

Post by Juice »

Can you please let us dribble the b-ball by reloading also? This is highly important.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

So Napalm Launcher is powerful and bigger now. But for some reason, the projectile moves slowly and consumes 20 gasoline ammo. It looks reasonable but it's in fact, not if you fire it a few times.

And what's up with the Peasants deal the same damage as Beggars? It's rather confusing now and just trivializes melee weapons.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Is there a mirror for the download? It keeps downloading like 0.000002% of a mb at a time and then saying "File Incomplete".

EDIT: Got it. Few things are as fun as Gunfinity and the Basketball weapon.
Last edited by Captain Ventris on Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

So, are the handpuppets replacements for
Spoiler:
?
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

I find it pretty damn hard to find health, as I did with Reelism 1. Tempted to ask for a reel 1 or reel 2 effect that causes enemies to drop healthbonuses on death.

Alternatively, you could add a fourth kind of spawnpoint, and move the health/armor items to that spawnpoint (color-coded green, since red, blue, and yellow are already taken). I feel like a large part of the reason health and armor is so hard to get is because it's in the same spawn pool as every other non-weapon object in the game, and since there's so goddamn many non-health/non-armor items compared to exactly one health and armor pickup at any given time, you're far more likely to get something like Grenades or the Pogo or even just a score item than you are to get health or armor. (I got nothin' against the pogo, it just doesn't save me when I'm at 4 HP.)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

- Let's talk about these Blyat Tri-Stars. They're small and share the same sprite as you, just like Player 2 Boss from the previous game. And because of that, they do get stuck often because of both props and the enemies. And speaking of the enemies, they rather get easily blend in and you really have to depend on your ears, not eyes.

And actually, i'm consider making alternative reskin addon for them. But maybe later.

- I can't get inside of this vent. Even though i'm micro now i just can't.
Last edited by Captain J on Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Captain J wrote:
- I can't get inside of this vent. Even though i'm micro now i just can't.
You can't, but other things can...
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

Spoiler:

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”