Endless Madness - Released v1.2.2

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
hornbuckle0wns

Re: Endless Madness - Released v1.2.1

Post by hornbuckle0wns »

RaveYard wrote: :shock:
So, you can't open the door which leads to that corridor/room where the walls drop?

Can you show me a video or at least a screenshot of where you got stuck?
I don't know what it is, I know nobody else is having this problem. I recently changed PCs and carried over my old settings to my new one, and apparently something in my old settings is causing the problems. I did a fresh install of GZdoom and the door opened like normal, so I'm only left wondering, why did my old pc work with my own personal settings work, and why did a fresh install work, but not my old settings on new PC? I feel like it's gotta be something in the old rendering settings, I'll keep poking around.

https://i.imgur.com/gEC6JXD.jpg
RaveYard

Post by RaveYard »

hornbuckle0wns wrote:
RaveYard wrote: :shock:
So, you can't open the door which leads to that corridor/room where the walls drop?

Can you show me a video or at least a screenshot of where you got stuck?
I don't know what it is, I know nobody else is having this problem. I recently changed PCs and carried over my old settings to my new one, and apparently something in my old settings is causing the problems. I did a fresh install of GZdoom and the door opened like normal, so I'm only left wondering, why did my old pc work with my own personal settings work, and why did a fresh install work, but not my old settings on new PC? I feel like it's gotta be something in the old rendering settings, I'll keep poking around.

https://i.imgur.com/gEC6JXD.jpg
Could you post the config file? I'm curious if the bug can be reproduced on my end :)
hornbuckle0wns

Post by hornbuckle0wns »

RaveYard wrote: Could you post the config file? I'm curious if the bug can be reproduced on my end :)
I've been messing around more and I've been getting new configs to also create the glitch but it seems kind of random, I don't think I'm messing with any display or rendering settings, only one I think I've done constantly is turn off texture filtering? Also when I loaded a save that had the bug into a fresh engine that hadn't had it yet, the glitch was stuck into the new copy of the engine forever. I'm sorry if you're not exactly the person to ask to get help with this because I know it's an issue with my config across the board and not your project but thanks for helping.
Attachments
gzdoom-Hornb.ini
(45.78 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
RaveYard

Post by RaveYard »

Cool thanks! On my very first attempt the door isn't working as described.

Turns out you have enabled "Doom (strict)" compatibility profile which enables "compat_useblocking". Turning it off fixes the issue.
hornbuckle0wns

Post by hornbuckle0wns »

Yes!!! I remember setting it to this back when sigil came out I think, it hadn't seemed to cause any problems up until now, but as long as it's fixed now. Thank you so so much, I've been wanting to play doom for a little less than a week before I actually reported the bug because I just thought my doom was... doomed. I knew I should've fumbled around with compat a bit more. Thanks so much! I'll try leaving something a little more positive when I actually finish the mod lol
hornbuckle0wns

Post by hornbuckle0wns »

So, now that I've actually been able to play through the full thing: this mod is shockingly well designed and has some very interesting gimicks to offer. Weapons are over the top and incredibly powerful, enemies certainly are too and the last level has some really badass ones, and some levels have an interesting and unique thing mixed in with their normal gameplay, such as shooting down nukes or dealing with getting glitched out or trying to fight while gravity keeps getting flipped around. It's very slaughtermap-y but the weapons you have will make up the difference. It just kind of ends suddenly which is unfortunate but what's all here is pretty fun and also usually worth a chuckle here and there. All in all, a fantastic mod that everybody should sit down and play once at least, but there are some pretty intense effects so maybe be aware if you have an older PC.
RaveYard

Re: Endless Madness - Released v1.2.2

Post by RaveYard »

v1.2.2 released! Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/j7c0ww73av9ejd1/file
Spoiler: Changes
leo1302g

Re: Endless Madness - Released v1.2.2

Post by leo1302g »

Hello why the luminosity is so damn low ?! Oo

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”