Missing kills include infighting in co-op

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

MatrixCL
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Missing kills include infighting in co-op

Post by MatrixCL »

I honestly didn't know whether I should have posted this as a bug or a feature request. Anyway, when you play in co-op, the kills in the alternative HUB only show your own. In the tally screen it also shows how much % of kills each player had. As a result, whenever monsters kill other monsters, it will count as "missing" and is indistinguishable from monsters left alive.

This makes it basically impossible to try and achieve 100% kills. :(

While playing, it would be handy to see the total kills instead of just your own, both in the alternative HUB and automap. I wonder why it shows the personal count anyway, but there was undoubtly a reason for that. You could also show both, like personal/total/max (e.g. 6/15/29).

As for the tally screen, I don't see a straightforward solution. If it were entirely up to me, I'd prefer an extra line in the tally screen for "monster infighting". Another option is to have the line "Missing" in the tally screen not include monster infighting, but then the total doesn't count to 100% anymore. (Then again, you might as well leave out the line that shows "Total" as it just shows 100% anyway.)

Thoughts?

P.S. I'm in the process of being able to compile the game myself, so I might work on this myself, if I get a green light. But it's quite a leap for a web developer to jump into this. :shock: And with the conventions and agreements for a community project like this, I probably shouldn't think too lightly about it. :wink:
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Missing kills include infighting in co-op

Post by Graf Zahl »

Moved to Feature Suggestions, it's working as intended, after all.
Gez

Post by Gez »

MatrixCL wrote:As for the tally screen, I don't see a straightforward solution. If it were entirely up to me, I'd prefer an extra line in the tally screen for "monster infighting".
Don't forget crushers and other effects that can kill monsters without being sourced to a player (e.g. in ZDCMP2 you can get rid of the blue keycard guardians by activating a script). So the extra line should be "other" rather than "infighting".
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

MatrixCL wrote:P.S. I'm in the process of being able to compile the game myself, so I might work on this myself, if I get a green light.
I have no issue with this feature and would be willing to help review it, hopefully to get it included.
MatrixCL

Post by MatrixCL »

Cool! Let's see what I can do. :) Though I have a deadline for Friday next week and won't be able to invest in this until then. But since it's my own feature request, I assume there's no rush. :p And I'll need an answer to the question I raised here before I can do anything.

And good point, Gez. It should be "other", not just "infighting".
MatrixCL

Post by MatrixCL »

Woohoo, my first pull request! :D Please let me know if it's OK and if this can be included.

https://github.com/coelckers/gzdoom/pull/1167

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”