Level summary after the episode ends

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Level summary after the episode ends

Post by Rachael »

Mods are still backwards compatible, that has never changed. Taking off the save bit solves a lot of problems here - the player has to CONSCIOUSLY "break" these mods at this point. Or just be stupidly stubborn and stick it in their autoexec.cfg - but again, that's not your problem.

Your fretting over this issue would be the equivalent of me getting all bent out of shape because someone found a way to run GZDoom on DOS. There's virtually no way it'd work - but yet, if someone managed it, I'd say more power to them - but if something breaks, it's literally not my problem because I did nothing to sanction it in the first place. I can't anticipate every problem they'd run into if they run GZDoom in such an undesigned way, nor should I have to.

You really are making a much bigger issue out of this than it needs to be, over something that you literally should not even worry about. I think the user will understand the consequences of forcing a tally screen when one already exists. This feature is not going anywhere - that bit is non-negotiable. It doesn't break things anywhere nearly as bad as you think it does. And sometimes you just have to accept that users are going to do things you don't want them to do. How many bug reports do you get from people running BOA in Software rendering complaining it doesn't look right?

Post by Guest »

Sorry to intervene, but howabout directing the level stats silently to the console?

Even now when a level starts it's title "MAP01 - Entryway" is written to the console.
The stats from the finished level could be presented in the same way when entering the intro screen or a new map in a hub.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Hannah Goodwell wrote:Sorry to intervene, but howabout directing the level stats silently to the console?

Even now when a level starts it's title "MAP01 - Entryway" is written to the console.
The stats from the finished level could be presented in the same way when entering the intro screen or a new map in a hub.
It sounds good as an extra option. But I would not want it as a replacement for this one.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Most functionality for textual output already exists, but currently there is no option to automatically print it when a level ends.
MatrixCL
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by MatrixCL »

Graf Zahl wrote:
Tormentor667 wrote: After thinking about it for another while I simply think that a different way of displaying stats at the end of a map or hub is needed for the desires of speedrunners or similar audiences. If modders is NOINTERMISSION then it is for a reason. Overriding this with a cvar has nothing to do with obsessions for control but simply for aesthetics and atmospheric decisions.
E1M8, E2M8, E3M8 and E4M8 will have a word with you...
I requested this specifically because I missed the tally screen after these levels. Works like a charm, by the way. :wink:

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”