HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R14 (1 Jun 2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ThatGuy2132

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R3c (Updated 23 mar 20

Post by ThatGuy2132 »

YOU CAN KILL SOMEONE WITH YOUR OWN SPIT 10/10 BEST MOD EVER YES
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

I've haven't kept up with the updated to HXRTC for a while, but last time I played it my only issue I had with the mod was that the BFG 667 weapon was too useful compared to all other weapons. Did this change in the updates at some point?

Either way I'm surprised with even more updates that this mod is recieving and am super excited to play it again after a long pause! : D
Spinax22

Post by Spinax22 »

This might be an incredibly stupid and/or irrelevant question, but is there some sort of Database or collection of files on all the weapons/monsters in this mod? it's just that i like to know what i'm getting into before i dive into it.
SHMIRKO

Post by SHMIRKO »

For some reason, when I boot this mod up (the latest version), I don't get a HUB. I also don't see a file that I need to use to get a HUB working, it just isn't there. Help?
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Spinax22 wrote:This might be an incredibly stupid and/or irrelevant question, but is there some sort of Database or collection of files on all the weapons/monsters in this mod? it's just that i like to know what i'm getting into before i dive into it.
In GZDoom's help screen ('Read This' option or F1 key) you can check the weapons list and their respective slot order, plus some extra tips and tricks for the game.

Respect from monsters, I published some time ago in a comments section of ModDB an unofficial -but almost complete- enemy list, here you have it (it may be a bit outdated, so beware):
Spoiler:
Hope this info can help you to get an idea of ​​what you will find in the mod... :winker:

[quote=""SHMIRKO"]For some reason, when I boot this mod up (the latest version), I don't get a HUB. I also don't see a file that I need to use to get a HUB working, it just isn't there. Help?[/quote]
Mmm... HUB? Maybe you mean HUD... There are no hubs in Doom maps, at least not normally like in Hexen... :P

For showing the HXRTC HUD correctly, you must set in GZDoom's Display Options a screensize of 11, also make sure that in HUD Options you have the alternative HUD turned off.
SomewhatAGamer

Post by SomewhatAGamer »

Very cool mod, but will it get more weapons? I would like to see more secret weapons and those weapons that need to be assembled. Anyways, very cool mod.
Artman2004

Post by Artman2004 »

Is there any way to disable the enemy marines that teleport in? I really don't like that feature and want to know how to disable it.
SomewhatAGamer

Post by SomewhatAGamer »

True, apparently those Renegades spawn like everywhere everytime. Hope there's an option to turn it off.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Also they're quite dangerous, so might be worthy if they drop more gold.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Artman2004 wrote:Is there any way to disable the enemy marines that teleport in? I really don't like that feature and want to know how to disable it.
SomewhatAGamer wrote:True, apparently those Renegades spawn like everywhere everytime. Hope there's an option to turn it off.
Captain J wrote:Also they're quite dangerous, so might be worthy if they drop more gold.
OK, here you have a tiny addon that will disable the teleporting Renegade Marines when defeating some enemies (but it won't affect to those already put in map levels, though). :!:

Make sure you load it after the main mod file, or it won't work as expected...
Attachments
HXRTCNORENEGADEAMBUSH.WAD
(228 Bytes) Downloaded 55 times
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

Well, I missed this new version, its time to prove it on sunlust :3

Question. On a future, is posible that some of the content that works like Addons on the rar file are included like internal options for the mod? like The healthbar or the posibility to disable particles. 8-) 8-)
Xerenogan

Post by Xerenogan »

I really appreciate the use of the serpentipede.
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

Xerenogan wrote:I really appreciate the use of the serpentipede.
It does got a lot of FreeDoom stuff in it yes, both old and new.
SomewhatAGamer

Post by SomewhatAGamer »

Fleshworm, Serpentipede, Pain Bringer(?), and more from FreeDoom. That's why I feel like FreeDoom is official.
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R3d (Updated 15 Aug 20

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi there mates, a minor update of the H-Project mod is ready for download. :winker:

This version doesn't bring any remarkable changes, it is just a maintenance release that fixes some problems related to a few actors that were not spawning correctly in certain circumstances and were being 'destroyed' instead (specially in very narrow places or on liquid surfaces).

Updated download links at first post, as usual... Hope you keep enjoying and having fun! 8-)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”