(v3.0b) Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
QuickWolfPT

Re: Enhanced Vanilla Project (EVP) - My first Doom mod

Post by QuickWolfPT »

A_D_M_E_R_A_L wrote:You can kinda make a weapons-only version by disabling all the monsters in replacer settings.
Totally forgot about the replacer settings, my bad :P
A_D_M_E_R_A_L wrote:I kinda like Blade of Agony's low health effect.
As you should, this mod should be something you like, i just would like the option to turn it off, but it's not that big of a deal.

Keep up the good work, it's still hard to believe this is your first mod, it's kind of inspiring if i'm being honest.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Very impressive, smooth, fast and detailed mod! There are lot of visual options to make ya happy and the enemy roaster is just amazing. Tho i'm not really a big fan of default tonemap setting. It's so bright, it shocked me for a minute. Perhaps tone the Aperture down to 15? Also not sure why Rocket Launcher has longer delay than other weapons.

Other than said problems, it's all good! Kudos for cool mod.
A_D_M_E_R_A_L
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by A_D_M_E_R_A_L »

Captain J wrote:Very impressive, smooth, fast and detailed mod! There are lot of visual options to make ya happy and the enemy roaster is just amazing. Tho i'm not really a big fan of default tonemap setting. It's so bright, it shocked me for a minute. Perhaps tone the Aperture down to 15? Also not sure why Rocket Launcher has longer delay than other weapons.

Other than said problems, it's all good! Kudos for cool mod.
The RL delay is exactly the same as in vanilla - 8 tics, I even left comments about delays in the code and I might change the default settings in the tonemap settings. Thx for the feedback.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Vanilla Rocket Launcher's delay always bugs me because it's unnecessarily slow despite it misses sometimes. But since it's still in the respectable original game, i have no more excuse. Anyway thanks for the reply too.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

if nullified hitscans set to disable pistol zombies shoot 3 bullets instead of 1
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Seems like every single zombie enemies(including SS) have the same method of shooting triple hitscans... I actually wanted to point out the chaingunner because of that, btw.
A_D_M_E_R_A_L

Post by A_D_M_E_R_A_L »

Captain J wrote:Seems like every single zombie enemies(including SS) have the same method of shooting triple hitscans... I actually wanted to point out the chaingunner because of that, btw.
That might've been my oversight from copy-pasting and idk how that slipped away from me. Just enable "nullified hitscan" (which I highly recommend BTW) to kinda fix that. :|
A_D_M_E_R_A_L

Post by A_D_M_E_R_A_L »

v2.1 AKA ZScript Update (26/7/20)
Spoiler:
BTW, PROPER CREDITS LIST IS INSIDE A PK3 FILE!

v2.2 (5/10/20)
Spoiler:
error666

Post by error666 »

i wanna ask, how do i get the announcer in vanilla doom
A_D_M_E_R_A_L

Post by A_D_M_E_R_A_L »

error666 wrote:i wanna ask, how do i get the announcer in vanilla doom
Those came from the Zandronum source port, I felt like using them here because I liked those announcer sounds for spheres.
Kaptin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kaptin »

Hey there,
I like your mod a lot here are some suggestions:

1) Smooth animations for monsters and weapons or compatibility & including smooth doom mod.
2) Items like radiation suit and Nightvision goggles can be stored inside your inventory and you can toggle it on off anytime you want.
3) allow soulspheres to increase your health past 200hp to max 400 so ammo shards and health bonuses won't be the only way to reach it.

Thanks a lot for this awesome mod. :twisted:
A_D_M_E_R_A_L

Post by A_D_M_E_R_A_L »

Kaptin wrote:Hey there,

1) Smooth animations for monsters and weapons or compatibility & including smooth doom mod.
2) Items like radiation suit and Nightvision goggles can be stored inside your inventory and you can toggle it on off anytime you want.
3) allow soulspheres to increase your health past 200hp to max 400 so ammo shards and health bonuses won't be the only way to reach it.

1. Nope, too much spritework and I'm not including Smooth Doom.
2. This is outside of the mod's scope
3. Same reason as #2
Kaptin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kaptin »

A_D_M_E_R_A_L wrote:
Kaptin wrote:Hey there,

1. Nope, too much spritework and I'm not including Smooth Doom.
2. This is outside of the mod's scope
3. Same reason as #2
Aww man, that's sad I really like your mod but smooth animations were the only thing from making your perfect anyway thanks a lot for answering me. :D
fcas3t

Post by fcas3t »

@Admeral - just want to thank you for this wonderful mod. I really like what you did overall, and I've become a full-fledged EVP convert. It's the only way I'm willing to play classic Doom.
iWonder

Post by iWonder »

Regarding the rocket launcher feeling sluggish...

The reason for that might be because in Vanilla Doom there exists a fire sprite (the one where the launcher kind of kicks backwards and blasts a rocket) and such or similar sprite is missing in EVP.
So when you press a button nothing happens for the first few frames and then suddenly BAM, a rocket comes out giving you an illusion of no feedback whilst in Vanilla you get that feedback instantly

My idea for a ''fix'' would be to make the rocket launcher either lean backwards a bit after we mouse click and before the rocket launches or maybe have those flashing buttons in the middle of the weapon (kinda like the ones on the chaingun)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”