[4.4.0] Embers of Armageddon crash

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

[4.4.0] Embers of Armageddon crash

Post by Guest »

I decided to get Embers of Armageddon to test it out, and everything was running fine aside from the tokens that were supposed to be on the top right corner being missing. As soon as I use a weapon, like the pistol for example, GZDoom crashes. I've asked every source I've known and had, and even DoomKrakken doesn't know what's up. I'm using GZDoom 4.4.0 to be specific.

What on earth is going on?
Last edited by wildweasel on Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarified subject line
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [4.4.0] Embers of Armageddon crash

Post by wildweasel »

Just for sake of clarification, GZDoom does not generate an error message or crash report zip file, does it?

Post by Guest »

Actually it does. Matter of fact, here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1octXXp ... sp=sharing
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I cannot reproduce the crash.The mod seems to work fine, both with 4.4.0 and the lastest git.

Post by Guest »

(It's me by the way) I got the latest code for EoA from their Discord, and I still crashed. I may have fired a few shots, but I think I need to give it some time before the crash actually comes when I fire.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

Have you tried with 4.4.2? DoomKrakken has suggested to upgrade to that recently.

Return to “Bugs [GZDoom]”