[c9a69d9] [Duke] fusion.grp Status Bar/Huds broken

Moderator: Raze Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
sinisterseed
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

[c9a69d9] [Duke] fusion.grp Status Bar/Huds broken

Post by sinisterseed »

So, while testing this mod I've discovered that the status bar and huds in general are borked in Raze. They're mixing with all sorts of graphics from the supported games, and looking nothing like they should.

This is Raze specific as this mod works correctly in EDuke32 as far as I can tell. Everything else appears to be working correctly in Raze, though (weapons, items, enemies, etc.), but not these graphics. The version of this mod that I've tested is the one that ships with NF's Duke mods compilation.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: [c9a69d9] [Duke] fusion.grp Status Bar/Huds broken

Post by Graf Zahl »

This mod contains a rather inept scripted HUD, aside from the issues that are to be expected it looks correct in Raze.
Whar I saw in both ports was the original HUD flash through when the hud size toggles were pressed, but that's it. But that's just a problem of the way the script hooks are implemented.
sinisterseed
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by sinisterseed »

Graf Zahl wrote:This mod contains a rather inept scripted HUD, aside from the issues that are to be expected it looks correct in Raze.
Whar I saw in both ports was the original HUD flash through when the hud size toggles were pressed, but that's it. But that's just a problem of the way the script hooks are implemented.
The behavior must've changed at some point then, following the version I experienced this in. At the time it worked like I described it, but it must've been "fixed" in the meantime.

That being said, this sounds like a mod issue if it uses crappy scripts, so perhaps this could be discarded and marked as "Mod error" maybe.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

The mod is hardly to blame for the poor event setup in the engine. I've seen similar effects with nearly every mod that had status bar overrides.

Return to “Closed Bugs [Raze]”