Treasure Tech (NEW 1.2 RELEASE!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Treasure Tech (RELEASE 1.01 BUG FIX)

Post by Alptraum »

I watched Icarus streaming your mod on Twitch. I gotta say the amount of detail, wholeness and wholesomeness is amazing. It's such a fun mod ^^
retronutcase

Post by retronutcase »

I'm loving the mod so far, although I find the recoil a bit grating due to my preference for classic Doom shooting. Is there any way the gun recoil could be made an option that could be toggled on/off? Also, perhaps a multiplier option for money values so it's more feasible to get upgrades on shorter map packs where we may not be swimming in cash by the end?
Last edited by retronutcase on Fri May 22, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

I *should* be running gzdoom 4.3.3. I've gotten the error on a couple different mapsets, including vanilla D2. Just tested with the metal music turned off, still got a crash moments after picking up the Titanium Core. The vanilla D2 map it happened on was Tricks and Traps, but I can replicate the crash on Kinsie's testmap ( viewtopic.php?f=42&t=57221 ).
HyperUltra64

Post by HyperUltra64 »

I've had a handful of people attempt to replicate your crash. They can't either. Are you loading anything else with the mod?
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Dawnbreez, this is a shot in the dark but have you tried clearing your .ini? When I had Sgt Shivers playtest combined arms he was getting some weird inexplicable bugs that no one else could replicate, and when he cleared his .ini it started working okay
AstartesCitizen
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by AstartesCitizen »

This really gaves that arcade and happy-go-lucky vibe, basically Wario taste for treasure, looting and bum rushing peoples teeth in meets Doom. Cant play it due to not having the thing require to run the latest gzdoom only lzdoom, oh well Ill see if can give it a whirl soon. Congrats for the release.
Irrevenant

Post by Irrevenant »

Would you consider having alt-fire put down barrels and bombs?

Oh, I just noticed, in the shop, the final upgrade for shotgun shells still reads 30-40.
Last edited by Irrevenant on Sat May 23, 2020 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

HyperUltra64 wrote:I've had a handful of people attempt to replicate your crash. They can't either. Are you loading anything else with the mod?
Nope.
Combine_Kegan wrote:Dawnbreez, this is a shot in the dark but have you tried clearing your .ini? When I had Sgt Shivers playtest combined arms he was getting some weird inexplicable bugs that no one else could replicate, and when he cleared his .ini it started working okay
Just tried that, no dice

I'm getting a "Unable to load : Unable to identify as music" error in the console just before the crash. Lemme look inside the pk3...huh. The invuln music is the only mp3 file inside the mod. And I *did* recently switch distros. Maybe I'm missing an encoder...

[EDIT] Converting the .mp3 to .ogg fixed it! Yeah, it's gotta be a missing mp3 encoder on my end.
HyperUltra64

Post by HyperUltra64 »

Sorry about that! Glad you sorted it out though.
DosDoomer
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by DosDoomer »

I remember that Civvie 11 downloaded this. That's another reason why I'm downloading this.
Mestrophis

Post by Mestrophis »

Been playing with this on BTSX, having an absolute blast. That said, I think the Wild Hunter needs a bit more incentive to use it, because it's such a useful weapon and yet trying to whip it out to open up fights is kinda tedious. Would there be a way to reward using the Wild Hunter properly, like on successful kills with it?
Nottheman686

Post by Nottheman686 »

Anybody have some good map suggestions that would work well with this? kinda want something like the tutorial level.
Sh4d0wS14d3

Post by Sh4d0wS14d3 »

I've had a lot of fun with this mod. The only real problem I have with it is being unable to keep track of the treasures I've picked up.

Or at least, I'm pretty sure I can't go check out a list of treasures that I've collected over several maps. Having a little silly thing like having a music player - and getting a song for collecting a whole 'row' of treasure - that'd also be neat.

(Honestly, it's more that I keep accidentally picking up treasures in the middle of a fight and I didn't get a chance to read them before the text box disappeared. I wanna read what the afro treasure meant!)
Khodoque

Post by Khodoque »

You can combo tackle into ground pound - was that intentional, or just a happy little accident? Got to say, I really like melee combat in this mod. Gunplay is also interesting - guns are powerful, yet temperamental, with lots of neat mechanics.
Nottheman686 wrote:Anybody have some good map suggestions that would work well with this? kinda want something like the tutorial level.
Super Mayhem 17? Though I think Epic 2 and Lost Civilizations are also good fits for this mod (though Epic 2 has custom monsters, as well as new monster sprites - latter can be removed from WAD manually, I guess).
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

Khodoque wrote:Though I think Epic 2 and Lost Civilizations are also good fits for this mod (though Epic 2 has custom monsters, as well as new monster sprites - latter can be removed from WAD manually, I guess).
Correction: as far as I know there aren't any new monsters at all, just replaced sprites and sounds - the 'invisible alien' behaves exactly like WolfSS, and the invisibility is done via sprites not a partial invisibility effect.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”