[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
doomjedi

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by doomjedi »

Enjay wrote:Nice. Looks very good
Thanks, a bit of busy day for me, don't have time to art...hopefully this weekend. Doing only quick concepts.

In general, while I can't please you all guys, and probably won't "fix" all of the feedbacks - I do refer to feedbacks seriously and will do the ones that I find most valid and do not create excessive art overload.
I was originally imagining the wrench to be much bigger:
At least I'm not hearing this from a woman :lol:
and a single handed attack would mix things up a bit
That was the intent, yes.
It's very easy to make them look awkward.

I can see your point. Adding second wrench would look too weird I guess. Ok, we'll see what we'll do about that. Meantime I'll create big wrench concept and hopefully post here this evening.
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

Enjay wrote:I was originally imagining the wrench to be much bigger:
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

sorry guys, but this big ass wrench dont fit IMO.

This tool is not practical as a weapon. Its not occur very often in RL, to create convincing image of enemy.
"small" 1 handed wrench is ok, and i like it before. Its quite common that mechanician (plumber of whoever) have this small tool.

2h tools that are ok: spade, pickaxe, fork, axe, hammer, hoe.
some electrical tool like grinder - but its a different motion.
we forget that he also could grab some material: A piece of steel pipe (exhaust, hydraulic), rebar, camshaft, chain, piston?

personally if I would have to take down guy with a gun, I will grab a screwdriver.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Lagi wrote:This tool is not practical as a weapon. Its not occur very often in RL, to create convincing image of enemy.
I guess you've never been in heavy industry then - especially an industry relying on pipelines. Huge wrenches are just as common (if not more so) than sledge hammers there. They were all over the place where I worked and my local hardware/mechanics store has a huge display of them on the wall.

I do like the big wrench, but I do agree that the small wrench was/is good if nothing else because it clearly isn't just a remake of the sledgehammer. Of course, that would mean doing it would be more work.

As for the off hand, perhaps he could have a wrench in one hand and another tool (like a ball pein hammer or something) in the other and attack with them both (left-right, left-right). That would make him very different to the big sledgehammer guy. Of course, it would also mean more work.

[edit]In fact, he could have a ranged weapon (nail gun or something) in one hand and the wrench for melee - putting him into a very different niche to the sledgehammer guy.[/edit]
Lagi wrote:2h tools that are ok: spade, pickaxe, fork, axe, hammer, hoe.
Those are not very mechanic-like tools though. Remember, this is for spanner-guy. ;)
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

Enjay wrote: As for the off hand, perhaps he could have a wrench in one hand and another tool (like a ball pein hammer or something) in the other and attack with them both (left-right, left-right). That would make him very different to the big sledgehammer guy. Of course, it would also mean more work.

[edit]In fact, he could have a ranged weapon (nail gun or something) in one hand and the wrench for melee - putting him into a very different niche to the sledgehammer guy.[/edit]
akimbo fast attacks, instead slow heavy hitter.
[quality is poor, because source was poor]
if that was Heretic monster, I would already finish drawing him.
Enjay wrote:
Lagi wrote:2h tools that are ok: spade, pickaxe, fork, axe, hammer, hoe.
Those are not very mechanic-like tools though. Remember, this is for spanner-guy. ;)
Do you think farmers are immune to demon possession? Or what about miners on Phobos?
:D
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

Captain J wrote:Well how about that! Do we really have much bigger pipe wrench? I can imagine a zombie trying to swing it but it's too heavy so he start to move backward... Or maybe opposite.
:lol:
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Lagi wrote:akimbo fast attacks, instead slow heavy hitter.
Yes, that's exactly the idea that I had in mind.
He would also probably be able to chase the player a bit faster due to not having to carry such a heavy item.
Lagi wrote:Do you think farmers are immune to demon possession? Or what about miners on Phobos?
:D
:lol: I have no problem with Zombie farmers... actually, I do. I live in the country and I'm surrounded by farms so that would be an issue for me. Image

The reason I thought that those tools weren't particularly suitable was simply because the concept was a mechanic of some sort, and those aren't mechanic's tools.
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

Because Heretic art is easy?
I have no problem with Zombie farmers
Oh please don't tell me I need to make zombie farmers now too :D :shock: :D This is spinning out of control :) RedNeck Doom :)

...meantime attack rotations prove to be a heavy challenge...
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

doomjedi wrote:
Because Heretic art is easy?
I could include him in my mod, and enjoy killing him ASAP. But he doesnt fit to fantasy at all.

edit: no wait, i would need to spend +3 days on making smooth animations :x

-----
edit:
If you need some help with this guys, i can draw something, for mechanic or builder, like attacks in different rotation.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

done some work on sonic.o.fan's grenade launcher he was working on:
osjc uac gl.png
did the green stock like on the kdizd gl but went for a terminator2 inspired reload (pop and snap that bad-boy closed, one-handed!)
https://youtu.be/6OR68gQgWDQ?t=66
ChopBlock223
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 with extensive trimming and regedits.
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ChopBlock223 »

That grenade launcher is sick.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

thanks, all real credit to sonik.o.fan truth be told. all I've done is reposition it to make reload frames, recolour it and make the pickup and projectile sprites...
Oh yeah forgot to credit eriance for the muzzle flashes lifted from the demon eclipse shotgun...

anyway:
tortured_zomb.png
tortured_zomb.png (4.69 KiB) Viewed 1173 times
have a tortured zombieman, based off of the tortured marine from extermination day's hell maps... I use it in major crisis as an alternative to livestick on a randomizer (with the hideous torture sounds because I guess I'm a sick puppy...)

*edit*
torture.png
updated sheet
Last edited by osjclatchford on Sat May 23, 2020 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graaicko
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Graaicko »

Here is a KRISS Vector I made for Shadow Elite, created by actaully photoshooting my Real Kriss Vector. Cut from my mod.
Attachments
KRSSA0.png
KRSSA0.png (12.09 KiB) Viewed 1097 times
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

osjclatchford wrote:done some work on sonic.o.fan's grenade launcher he was working on. Did the green stock like on the kdizd gl but went for a terminator2 inspired reload (pop and snap that bad-boy closed, one-handed!)
It is possible to have black gloves to this beauty ?
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

Progress update on Mechanic:

Nitpicks on regular frames
Rotation for first attack frame
Fix for 3rd front attack frame (knees/pose)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzpj5yvjcy5pc ... c.rar?dl=0

Return to “General”