AceToolkit

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Accensus

Re: AceToolkit

Post by Accensus »

You're welcome!

Quick update: I've started refactoring UsageChecker. It's a less-known tool that reads code files, sound files, and SNDINFO, then prints out if there are any unused assets. Unfortunately, and somewhat ironically, it does not detect good code like the usage of #### frames. Thankfully, you can ignore files/folders so those don't clutter the output if you know that they are used. This, I'm afraid, is unfixable unless I were to write a ZScript/DECORATE parser, which really isn't gonna happen anytime soon, if at all. At least it works with sounds. Sprites also work like 80% of the time. Might be some time before I'm done with the tool. There's a lot of stuff to refactor.
Jaska
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Jaska »

Dialog tool is awesome.

Found one problem concerning the localization setting.

ITEMRECEIVED_DIALOGTEXT = "asfd;"
it has the ; inside quotes instead
ITEMRECEIVED_DIALOGTEXT = "asfd";

For some reason
Type = "Cost";
{ ....}

won't work but

Cost
{ ....}
works
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Hmm, I'll check it out. Been meaning to release 1.4.2 anyway so this is a good opportunity.

EDIT:
Type = "Cost";
That shouldn't even happen. No idea how I missed it. Missed it because it got broken after one of the recent refactors.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

All fixed.

Changelog:
Fixes:
  • Move semicolon outside of the localized string.
  • Fixed the last conversation in compiled dialogs not being added.
  • Treat Cost/Require/Exclude as blocks and not properties.
Please let me know if you spot anything else.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Spotted an issue with page links in ZSDFEdit: they aren't updated if you rename the page. I consider this a fairly critical bug and will fix Soon™. Coincidentally, I opened a few issues yesterday, so I'll try to implement everything and call it 1.5.0. ETA probably two weeks or so when I finally do get some free time.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Quick update. Finally found some time to sit and implement a bunch of QoL stuff for ZSDFEdit and fix several bugs. Also reduced some boilerplate which should make the code easier to maintain. Planning on releasing 1.5.0 in the upcoming days, possibly tomorrow if nothing major comes up. Full changelog here. Will post a properly formatted version with the release.

As always, I'm open to feedback.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Here we goooooooo! (ZSDFEdit v1.5.0)

Full changelog in the link. Please let me know if you find anything. Besides the lists flickering when you click/save stuff, that is. I still regret not using WPF for this. I've tried pretty much every possible solution on StackOverflow, but to no avail. One day when I'm bored enough I'll convert this to WPF. Hopefully that'll help. If not, at least it'd make the UI a bit nicer.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Quick update. A new tool (OffsetSaver) has been added. All it does is it reads the offsets of each sprite in a folder and saves that in a text file. You can then restore those offsets after editing the sprites in an external editor (which will inevitably nuke the existing offsets). Mostly useful when saving offsets after the sprites have been processed by ImageCropper, but can be used in any scenario, really. Link in OP.
Gorman Frebmane

Post by Gorman Frebmane »

Image cropper does not work for me despite having both grabpng and setpng. send help.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Does not work how? If ImageCropper doesn't find either, it will print a warning. Does that warning show up? Either tools grab/setPNG need to be in the same folder as ImageCropper.
Gorman Frebmane

Post by Gorman Frebmane »

fixed it. seems despite installing The net runtime once it hadn't installed properly. had to install it again. thanks for the help tho.

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”