Translation - Brazilian portuguese PT-BR

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Translation - Brazilian portuguese PT-BR

Post by phantombeta »

Daniel wrote:Just as I've told, with all yhe Portuguese errors in GZDoom's language.ptb in which "Zahl" doesn't want to fix.
There's no language.ptb anymore. Have you even paid attention to what's been said in this thread? There's been a proper localization attempt with redone translations very recently, including for Portuguese.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Ok. Do as your wish.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I have no idea where you are stuck version wise, but the PTB translation - among many others - has gotten a complete workover last year - all relevant info can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=63737
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

Daniel wrote:Just like as I've told, with all the Portuguese errors in GZDoom's language.ptb in which "Zahl" doesn't want to fix. The problem are not the accents, but the meaning of the text. Translation is not an exact science; the context must be considered. If not, Google would be the best translator ever.
This reminds me of an old thread regarding French text and how accents and pronounciation had to be mimicked despite it not being the correct way of writing. It was because these accents are necessary to distinguish how things are said/read properly.

So i get why this brings forth your update, but i also understand Phantom and Zahl in that what you present is not compatible with the current language progress going on.

However, i do agree with your point that the meaning of text should be carried across properly, and perhaps this is where things got confused?
phantombeta wrote:There's been a proper localization attempt with redone translations very recently, including for Portuguese.
Be as it may, would the general gist of Daniel's fix (Namely, the meaning of text) be something that could be incorporated? I don't think its specifically about the accents, rather in how it is written (Which can actually differ from the correct pronounciation.
Gez

Post by Gez »

The proper way would be for a speaker of Brazilian Portuguese in the translation team to compare Daniel's translation with what's currently in the spreadsheet, and update the spreadsheet as appropriate when Daniel's translation seem to be a better fit.

However, the point is moot since Daniel took umbrage and decided to forbid GZDoom from using his work.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”