D4D - v3 Alpha 8.8 Final (11/22/2020)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Credits mode (Again!?)

Keep as is
29%
Modify: Doom 2016-esque (see p. 49)
66%
Modify: Other (explain please)
No votes
Remove
5%

Total votes: 86

Gollgagh

Re: D(E)4D - v3 Alpha 8.5 - Teaser WIP p. 53

Post by Gollgagh »

Major Cooke wrote:
Fantastic start, man.

I realize it's probably already on the list, but some vertical slashes will help it feel less like it's just being swung back and forth.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

TheNightATK300 wrote:Looks really epic, m8. I wonder if it is possible to "doom-fy" the blade, but since we do not really have any sprites for that yet, that can be accepted. How about toggling models for the sake of performance?
Actually, by using actual models, it's much cheaper than using voxels. Models cannot be toggled off unfortunately. So, that's why I'm replacing all voxels with actual models.

I have no intention of using actual sprites made by anyone. I worked very hard to rip these, they're here to stay. You have no idea how hard it was to get all this into the state it is now.
Gollgagh wrote:Fantastic start, man.

I realize it's probably already on the list, but some vertical slashes will help it feel less like it's just being swung back and forth.
There's no vertical slashes in Doom Eternal except for glory killing. More often than not, you'll want horizontal slashes because that's where most of the monsters will be - off to your left and right.
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

I mean, tactically yes, but it looks really silly just going back and forth.

I don't mean strictly vertical by the way, just something off of horizontal.
Last edited by Gollgagh on Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

I will play with the offsets so they're not so directly side to side. No guarantees. If it doesn't work out, then that's all that can happen since the animations only do that.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Not really care about sword in the slightest and how it will turn out, I am more worried if the 5:4 support is coming up. I'm still big fan of your mod. :P
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Well, you've been missing out on the screenshots about the HUD overhaul on Discord.
tuintje

Post by tuintje »

sword is looking awesome btw can't wait to try it out
Major Cooke

Re: D(E)4D - v3 Alpha 8.6 (05/04/2020)

Post by Major Cooke »

Alpha 8.6 has been released. As usual, you can find all changes in the changelog, including installation instructions on the front page.

Have fun with the Crucible Blade!
TheBeardedJedi

Post by TheBeardedJedi »

Nice, do you plan to update the weapon sprites in the future to match Doom 2016 or Eternal, similar to D4T?
Toberone

Post by Toberone »

The problem with that is aside from sgt.shivers set of sprites is no one made them yet. and sgt.shivers are centered as well.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Furthermore, it has to be in pieces in order for the shaders and the red to not be affected by lights.

This is likely to be the final edition of the Crucible's rendering because working on this was exhausting.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

Toberone wrote:The problem with that is aside from sgt.shivers set of sprites is no one made them yet. and sgt.shivers are centered as well.
This is not completely true. There are rudamentary, key word: rudamentary, sprites for DE used for Embers of Armageddon. This is a recent random gameplay video featuring the mod and its sprites. Its not finished tho. The weapon attachments need sprites.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

I also found this in case it helps.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Thanks but no. Chroma Keying can be useful, but the lighting here and the blue tint prevents it from having neutrality, like the player's supposed to be in a room with a blue light that doesn't exist since its on there all the time.

So I'll be ripping it with Blender instead where I have succinct control of everything.
TheBeardedJedi wrote:Nice, do you plan to update the weapon sprites in the future to match Doom 2016 or Eternal, similar to D4T?
Nope. I spent several weeks to a month building up this weapon. It's composed of seven different pieces all put together by the engine. It's how the blade has a shader effect working on it while the rest of the weapon is by itself, and furthermore, the red glow actually changes based on different lighting - like a real additive glow effect.
TheBeardedJedi

Post by TheBeardedJedi »

Oops, what I meant to say is, do you have plans for the other weapons' sprites (not the crucible blade). Sorry if I didn't clarify that.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”