The unofficial zdoom on Android thread

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
middlefingerman

The unofficial zdoom on Android thread

Post by middlefingerman »

Yep, that's rite, you can get zdoom on Android!

Ye, you can install Freedom from the Google Play Store, which is a fork of GZDoom for Android, and you can pretty much load whatever .was or .pk3 you want!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: The unofficial zdoom on Android thread

Post by wildweasel »

That looks a lot like Delta Touch. Honestly that one's a lot better and even has more available Doom ports than just gzdoom.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

wildweasel wrote:That looks a lot like Delta Touch. Honestly that one's a lot better and even has more available Doom ports than just gzdoom.
Its based on an older version of it (that was open release, afaik). I use it and its pretty good for those occassional Dooming sessions on the go.

There used to also be GZDoom for Android, which is based on the older D-Touch module with just GZDoom in. Its archived though in favor of Delta Touch, but options are options :)
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

What about softpoly on android? Does it crash? Perhaps i should ask Beloko. At least it crashes on the rasp-pi (memory alignment problem reported by that nice guy, Nick). I've been said that in RetroPie they've switched from ZDoom to LZDoom but i don't think it's a real fork but the same code, now their version is based on 3.84.
middlefingerman

Post by middlefingerman »

Well, it seems that FreeDoom is the free option here, on the Google Play Store it costs $2.40 for Delta Touch.

[EDIT] $2.49

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... deltatouch

Return to “General”