Kriegsland II: Untergrund [v1.4 03/05/20] Z-Surprise Page 4!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
sotenga

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund [v1.3 16/11/19]

Post by sotenga »

Hey Cosmo, rad mod so far! I appreciate that it offers a scaled-back arsenal, as while I really dig the first Kriegsland's guns (I'm actually playing through Kama Sutra with the first right now, haha), it does take a bit of effort to sort through them all. Keeping it simple and making it compatible with any enemy mod is a rad idea, and these are some satisfying weapons to use... except that I'm going to be nitpicky and say I find the BFG's replacement slightly underwhelming. Compared to the plasma rifle replacement (I can't remember their names, my apologies), the BFG-type takes more time and more ammo to kill the Cyberdemon and Spidermind's enemy equivalents. I just want to know, is it not recommended to use the BFG-type weapon against thicker targets and the plasma rifle-type is now what's intended to use against boss enemies? Or should the BFG-type be buffed and/or the plasma rifle-type be nerfed?

I feel like a jackass saying -type because I can't remember the proper names, but I'm not at my home computer right now, so I can't fire up the mod to find out. Let me know if you need any additional clarification and/or feel free to refute my criticism. Keep up the solid work!
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by theroguemonk »

am i wrong to think this mod had nazis ? or have i forgotten
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

@Sotenga

Relax bro. Those names aren't the easiest to memorize, and not surprisingly I've both nerfed the Plasma Rifle replacement and buffed the BFG replacement. I believe the NKWS (Slot 6) is on the spot, maybe slightly underpowered.

But the Sturmflinte (Slot 7) gets stronger each update. Maybe I'll buff it even more in the future...

@theroguemonk

The "Downloads" section has the nazi enemies pack in a separate file available for download. This mod is the sequel for the first Kriegsland, which has nazis integrated if you so desire.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Kriegsland II: Untergrund [v1.4 03/05/20] NAZI PACK UPDATE!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hey guys! Long time no see this mod.

I've been messing around with Kriegsland enemies and Kriegsland II for some time now, and since real life is going to change the pace a little for me, i think it's about time i release updates for the things i've been messing up a bit for you to play.

Kriegsland update is more aesthetical than anything, but it does fill some dots to keep the mod as stable as needed. But the enemies pack fixes a load of stuff! It may not seem a big of a change, but i think it's welcome, considering i don't update it in many, many months!

Here follows both changelogs:
Spoiler: Changelog Kriegsland II v1.4
Spoiler: Changelog Kriegsland Enemies pack
In any case, have fun with this new update as well as the new nazi pack, have fun!!!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD KRIEGSLAND II (V1.4)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD KRIEGSLAND ENEMIES
Jeimuzu73

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund [v1.4 03/05/20] NAZI PACK UPDA

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Nice update. I like the new tanks and robots you came up with. You should also update the first Kriegsland to include these enemies as well.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Be sure i will do that!

=)

I started on a new job, my production will lower a little, but as soon as i van, i will come up with more enemies, weapons and functions for Kriegsland 1 as well.

Also, the previous version of Kriegsland Enemies reached almost 3000 downloads! I wouldn't be able without you guys, so thanks for all the support.
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

Yeah i like new enemies, good work bro.
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

I've made the french traduction for the LANGUAGE files and I would like to finish it with items (ammo/weapons/powerups) pickups, pickups messages and obituaries.
If you need additional help, I'm ready to help you.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Oh definitely!

As soon as i have some time i might use the "$Message" system instead of pickup messages, so ammo, health and power pickups will be automatically translated when changing the game's language =)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Z-Kriegsland II!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hey there guys! It's been some time i don't talk about Kriegsland or anything, but recently i had a chat with Ac!d and he brought me a lot of gifts. Among these, he worked on a bundle with both Kriegsland mods converted to ZScript!

There are some great optmizations from his part, but the biggest objective here is to make this avaiable as a study for newcomers and people who maybe want to peek at the code and bring even better changes or get some ideas.

Both threads will be updated with this same message as you are reading it, so just an advice so you don't need to read both.

DOWNLOAD BOTH Z-KRIEGSLANDS HERE!
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund [v1.4 03/05/20] Z-Surprise Pag

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Minor bug with Z-Kriegsland II: The backpack's pickup message doesn't display properly, instead showing a generic language string for the missing text.
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

ShockwaveS08 wrote:Minor bug with Z-Kriegsland II: The backpack's pickup message doesn't display properly, instead showing a generic language string for the missing text.
This bug shouldn't be happening, but it's here for some reason. Also, here's a conflict with the smallfont of the mod and the smallfont of some IWADs when you change the language in GZDOOM and when you pick up some "specials items".
That was my firsts issues when I re-work on this mod.

Also, a big THANK YOU for Dr_Cosmobyte, YukesVonFaust, Matt, and others users of the ZDoom Forums for their incredible work !
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

What is the difference between Kriegsland I and II, overall?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Kriegsland I was created with the objective of being a dieselpunk approach to the Wolfenstein new series of games such as The New Order. It has lots of flirting with sci-fi clichés, more than 20 weapons at disposal and more extra commands such as quick melee attacks and cross akimbos for weapons with different ammo types.

During Kriegsland II development, i wanted to keep the "glass tank" gameplay style, but i wanted to balance things out instead of making a jumbo pack of randomized spawners. The game follows a more "cyberpunk" route and is inspired by tacticool games too (revisiting Delta Force: Urban Warfare" on the PSX was a defining event here).

The result is that Kriegsland II has less weapons and extras, but is way more polished and fluid than the first. Also, no laser guns here, just big ass shotguns and external and internal lores, plus a lot of references and a totally german arsenal, like the first. :p
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Cool! I guess I will go with Kriegsland II, then! :D

EDIT: So, I noticed a couple of (thankfully very minor) issues with the latest release: when running out of ammo while dual-wielding, I get the "K2_DRYFIRE" message and when I pick up the Ammo Suitcase, I get the "K2_PICKUP_AMMOBP1". :?

Otherwise, it is pretty great! Oddly enough, it feels less like a Wolfenstein TNO-inspired gameplay mod and more like a cyberpunk/Hacx-themed one; not that it is a bad thing or anything, I am just pointing this out.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”