[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AstartesCitizen
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5, Mister Grim Reaper (p.9

Post by AstartesCitizen »

Whoo!! Another update! I said a while algo that the mod felt complete as it is but any addition would be a plus and HO BOY! A plus it is! Doing a playthrough of it with Sunlust cant wait to test the Conqueror, thanks Pillow!
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

So I've been playing around with the new Conqueror Gun Platform, and I've got a couple of ideas on how to make it even crazier....

First option would be to make it take on the effects of the upgrades for the weapons it shares ammo with: get the upgrades for the Fleshrends, firing Classic Shells adds more buckshot per shot; get the "Spontaneous Freedom" upgrade, the Conqueror shoots out firework missiles just like the Leadspitters; get the upgrades for the Patriarch, grenade shells fired by the Conqueror fly faster and bounce off walls into nearby enemies; get the upgrades for the Bitchmaker, Hellraiser shells fired by the Conqueror fly faster and sometimes don't cost ammo; get the upgrades for the Chrome Justice, Dem Shells fire faster. One change that would add to this idea would be making the Toolbelt upgrade for the Conqueror add a Gatling gun similar to the Skullthrottle; it would be a single Gatling at first, and would have a spin-up; however, after getting the Toolbelt upgrade for the Throttle, the Conqueror would get a second Gatling; and after crafting "Throttle Instaspin", the Conqueror's Gatlings would fire instantly.

Second option would be a Blueprint upgrade called simply "Auto-Cracker". Simply make the Conqueror able to fire the Nutcracker's 2-Bore Slugs. In fact, make it where, with the Conqueror's Toolbelt upgrade, the choice of ammunition has an effect on the way it fires the 2-Bores: Classic Shells + Grenades makes it fire like the Double Deuce; while Dem Shells + Hellraisers makes it fire like the Nutcracker.

Perhaps even combine both ideas and make it where after getting the Deuce's upgrade, firing a 2-Bore from the Conqueror on Grenades + Classic Shells mode fires like the Lead Storm upgrade on the Deuce; while with Dem Shells + Hellraisers mode, if you have the "Nut Force One" upgrade, it fires the 2-Bores with a spread effect just like the Nutcracker with that upgrade.

What do you think?
baddude1337

Post by baddude1337 »

The Double Deuce.. Goddamn, that is a weapon! Congrats on another release!
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

Don't know if this was also reported but you can drink sludge from a barrel that it's in its death state to prevent it from exploding and make it essentially impossible to destroy after drinking it.
Douk Nouk Kem

Post by Douk Nouk Kem »

Really enjoyed this update, but I there couple of things that bothered me:
1) after collecting full arsenal it becomes a bit too cluttered, options to limit SSG/Chaingun/BFG slot weapons like the Patriarch/Bitchmaker would've been nice
2) spontaneous freedom upgrade causes lag and obstructs vision, option to change colored eplosion into normal ones could help
openroadracer

Post by openroadracer »

Douk Nouk Kem wrote:options to limit SSG/Chaingun/BFG slot weapons like the Patriarch/Bitchmaker would've been nice
Look in the "Blaze-It Stuff" menu(I think that's what it's called?) and there should be an option specifically for the Patriarch and the Bitchmaker.

However, yes, I agree, there should be something about the other slots with multiple weapons. In fact, I recall posting a suggestion to make it where the Leadspitter can appear on Chainguns placed in the map instead of solely dropping from Chaingunners, and likewise make it possible for the FMG to drop from Chaingunners instead of only spawning on placed Chainguns.
Douk Nouk Kem

Post by Douk Nouk Kem »

No, I mean to have the same options to limit weapon spawns of weapons, just like you already can do with slot 5 weapons.
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

Bug report: not quite sure how this happened, but while I was playing through Alfonzone I got the Double Deuce - but for some reason it came 'empty' and I couldn't reload it, despite having 2bores in my inventory.

EDIT: Er... okay this is weird. It wasn't Alfonzone, it was actually ZMovement... how the frick does a movement mod cause the Double Deuce to fail to reload?! In any case, disregard that, the ZMovement patch needs to be updated.

EDIT 2: Okay some actual bugs to report.
  • Upgraded lever action shotguns are making bullet sparks even when they hit skyboxes.
  • Kinetic fist upgrade isn't causing berserk punches to explode even if they don't hit an enemy/object/wall.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Could you add the option to control what weapons spawn? Like having only the leaver action or chrome justice only. Same thing with the Nutcracker or Double Deuce.
Great mod by the way.
openroadracer

Post by openroadracer »

So, I just came up with two new ideas to add to the weapons...

First up, make the "Tricorne Shot" Blueprint that works on the Fleshrend ALSO work on the Double Deuce. Makes the Deuce hold three shots, and the secondary fire that dumps all barrels at once spits out 50% more KILL(as long as all three are loaded at the time, obviously).

Now second would be a couple of changes to the Eliminator. It would take on a limited magazine size instead of its current continuous fire; the reload animation could be taken from Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon's Galleria 1991 shotgun where shells are tossed into the weapon. The other half of this would make it where the Eliminator loses the buff from the Uranium Shot Blueprint(maybe add its effect to the FMG instead?) and gains the buff from Justice Striploader in exchange. As far as Eliminator mag size, maybe give it a base of six or seven shells, then the Toolbelt upgrade bumps it up to eight or nine. Don't really want it to be the same as or equal to the Chrome Justice, just like how the Leadspitters have less ammo than the FMG.

Thoughts?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

The Double Deuce is powerful enough as is. Two high-recoil shots are good enough (still gives me chills about the oversized scattergun used in a really old build of Russian Overkill). :D

And the Eliminator should be kept as-is. Just like how he's able to reload the Fleshrends, Cradle 'n Grave, and Leadspitters one-handed, he can also do so with the Eliminator... magically. ;)

If I were to make any suggestions... I'd actually want all the guns sprites to be stretched to compensate for the 5:4 aspect ratio (so, horizontally, by 20%), and then increased by another 10% in overall size (both horizontally and vertically). This will make the weapons look a lot beefier and more like the original sprites as they appear in the sprite editors. :D

I feel as though several of the akimbo weapons (especially the dual Eliminators) could afford to be spaced further apart (they seem to be held too close to each other).

I'm gonna need to dust off Trailblazer, 'cuz I've been playing naught but my own mod for the past couple of years, almost non-stop. XD

Good to see the new update alive and kicking. :D
Toberone

Post by Toberone »

you can actually adjust the eliminators spacing easily in slade by just pushing the right eliminator sprites to the more to the right.

it does all the overlay stuff in zscript so the left eliminator actually mirrors the right. makes it very easy to adjust, don't have to tinker with texture lumps.
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

DoomKrakken wrote:And the Eliminator should be kept as-is. Just like how he's able to reload the Fleshrends, Cradle 'n Grave, and Leadspitters one-handed, he can also do so with the Eliminator... magically. ;)
Nah, he just reloads them like the WSTE-M5 shotguns in Marathon 2/Infinity. (For those who don't know, the common fan theory is that spinning them around generates enough power to teleport new shells into the guns.)
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

I'm having trouble getting this to load. It gives me the message "10 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts".
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

you probably need to update your gzdoom

Return to “Gameplay Mods”