Vanilla Doom .DEH-based mods (Upd. 14/01/19)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
QuickWolfPT

Re: Vanilla Doom .DEH-based mods (Upd. 14/01/19)

Post by QuickWolfPT »

Am i the only one that can't download any of the files?
TDRR
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/ Manjaro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by TDRR »

QuickWolfPT wrote:Am i the only one that can't download any of the files?
I forgot to remove all adfly links. I pasted back the first two links (comp-dm4 and vrandom) but i don't have the other files unfortunately, if anyone has the links or has those files still, please PM them to me.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I got a few of them. Funny thing is, I only got them a few days ago while re-downloading stuff for my new laptop. For the most part I could just wait patiently through the adfly stuff, and it eventually gave up and let me have what I wanted.
QuickWolfPT

Post by QuickWolfPT »

TDRR wrote:I forgot to remove all adfly links. I pasted back the first two links (comp-dm4 and vrandom) but i don't have the other files unfortunately, if anyone has the links or has those files still, please PM them to me.
SiFi270 wrote:I got a few of them. Funny thing is, I only got them a few days ago while re-downloading stuff for my new laptop. For the most part I could just wait patiently through the adfly stuff, and it eventually gave up and let me have what I wanted.
Thanks to both of you =:)
DosDoomer
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by DosDoomer »

The download links lead to ads and so I cannot download the mods. Please fix these.
DosDoomer

Post by DosDoomer »

How do you run it on dosbox? Can you please help me or something? I really want to play these.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

DosDoomer wrote:How do you run it on dosbox? Can you please help me or something? I really want to play these.
I recommend using Boom for the purposes of using DeHackEd patches in DOS/DOSBox, as it's easier to use and mixing DeHackEd patches is a bit more reliable.
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/theme ... om/boom202
Download that and un-zip into your Doom folder, then open up the game with these parameters:
boom -file <wadfile> -deh <dehfile>
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

TDRR: There's still at least one link that goes to an adfly link.

You should be aware that there is a policy change soon that will make these links a violation of the rules, and your post is going to be edited with the link removed. You should probably put it behind a non-adfly link ASAP so this doesn't happen. The details are still being ironed out but it will be going into effect soon.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

Rachael wrote:TDRR: There's still at least one link that goes to an adfly link.

You should be aware that there is a policy change soon that will make these links a violation of the rules, and your post is going to be edited with the link removed. You should probably put it behind a non-adfly link ASAP so this doesn't happen. The details are still being ironed out but it will be going into effect soon.
Done, now the links point to one .zip file with all but 2 mods, and there's separate links for those two. (Google Drive and Mediafire are the only links now)

Unfortunately, centered weapons, deathmatch weapons and no ssg are lost and I no longer have these files, if anyone else has them, please share!
okbuddy

Post by okbuddy »

Here's the text from center.deh. Is that enough or do you need the actual file as well?
Spoiler:
DosDoomer

Post by DosDoomer »

I need help. When I run Boom, it says "Load error; no DPMI -Get csdpmi*b.zip." Can you please help me?
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them

Post by wildweasel »

DosDoomer wrote:I need help. When I run Boom, it says "Load error; no DPMI -Get csdpmi*b.zip." Can you please help me?
You need to go find csdpmi*b.zip.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

DosDoomer wrote:I need help. When I run Boom, it says "Load error; no DPMI -Get csdpmi*b.zip." Can you please help me?
Most old Doom ports didn't include that file and its rather tedious as to why. Some more info here. That wiki link references the official website from which the latest version can be downloaded.
wildweasel wrote: You need to go find csdpmi*b.zip.
Nevertheless its mildly infuriating how reliant certain old DOS ports are on it but did not include it in their releases. Perhaps it was a licensing issue back then, but atleast it isn't one now.

The title of the thread does call for a list of significant WAD sets that relied on a DeHackEd engine though, but that's for another day.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

If anyone could tell me what engine Vbrutal was made in (boom, mbf etc) so I could edit how fast the assault rifle fires that would be great, because no matter which I load with it either gives me error messages or when I load it with doomhack it simply doesn't work
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

TheOldKingCole wrote:If anyone could tell me what engine Vbrutal was made in (boom, mbf etc) so I could edit how fast the assault rifle fires that would be great, because no matter which I load with it either gives me error messages or when I load it with doomhack it simply doesn't work
VBrutal is just a regular DeHackEd patch, meaning you can run it using DoomHack.

Considering this causes an issue for you, perhaps VULD can help you out. Its a launcher/DeHacked patch merger that will do the steps you are doing now automatically for you. The Wiki link provided also links to the idgames page and provides an extensive explanation how to use the program.*

*I have beta-tested VULD and wrote the explanation found there.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”