Mod Download Broken? Request Reuploads Here

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
The Philosopher
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: Mod Download Broken? Request Reuploads Here

Post by The Philosopher »

Anyone have the PSX Doomguy marine skin WAD?
The link is down
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15080&p=746911&hili ... uy#p746855
CD-Roman

Post by CD-Roman »

The Philosopher wrote:Anyone have the PSX Doomguy marine skin WAD?
The link is down
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15080&p=746911&hili ... uy#p746855

COSMIC MUSCLE:
With a personal army of hunky cosmic marines backing you up, you'll be unstoppable! This add-on replaces the revivable marines with cosmic marine spawners, and adds a chance to get more from fragged monsters. It also reskins doomguy to go with the others better (credit to IMX for the awesome psx doomguy skin)
Download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zty9cee42 ... E.wad/file
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

A new day, a new preservation request!

This concerns the following port:

ZDoomCTF:
  • This was an early ZDoom port by Karate Chris that added a Capture the Flag system to ZDoom (r893). Only a version 0.1 got released, source code release was planned but never materialized, dated April 9, 2008.
Prior history:
  • A previous reupload request was made in December 2014 in this very thread by user Kaal979. Unfortunately, it recieved no responses back then, hence why i am presenting this once more. Perhaps the resident Community Guides have this laying around.
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

Redneckerz wrote: ZDoomFX:
This was a custom build made back in the day the community build (96x) was making the rounds. MartinHowe made his version which had some forward looking features that got incorporated later, in this post.
I did check the WayBack archive, sadly my virgin.net freespace account was last crawled several months before ZDoomFX was created :( I no longer have any files relating to that either.

For those who care, it was the use of ACS functions as delegates for block iterators - DoomScript (to give it its proper name as far as I'm concerned) was over a decade away.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team

Post by Redneckerz »

In addition to ZDoomCTF and the aforementioned ZDoomFX, i have yet another request: (Its the last one for a while. Promise. :))

This concerns KGZDoom. The first thread regarding this is found here and the last thread by author kgsws is here. The link provided there does not work anymore.

It was reuploaded to rapidshare by DoomRater in November 2005 in this post, but that one is (obviously) dead aswell.

So what was KGZDoom? An explanation:

Like the aforementioned ZDoomFX, this was a custom ZDoom build derived from the ZDoom Community Build (2.0.96x). It was worked on from May 28, 2005, till August 18, 2005.

Unlike ZDoomFX however, KGZDoom included some pretty novel features that weren't going to be included in either the Community Build, mainline ZDoom or Graf's GZDoom (Which was derived from the Community Build). Kgsws did try adding it to GZ but was [NO]'d back then. Among the features, it includes:
  • Vehicle support (Through the DRIVABLE toggle). It was a hack, crude enough that it was not accepted for inclusion in GZDoom, but it provided a very novel feature into ZDoom.
  • Particle flash light effects
  • Able to change the duration state of particles. Railguns could for example have a very long fade out and you could control how long particles should stay existing.
Additional info:
  • Xaser wrote a good summary of some of KGZDoom's capabilities (Not mentioning the vehicle support) in 2008, here.
  • Xaser in general loved the port quite a lot, as it has been referenced various times in 2007 and 2011, respectively: Here and here.
I also like to mention that The Nutcracker in a 2007 post mentioned that Kgsws added translucent water to ZDoom. Unknown if this was a mainline feature or an addition to KGZDoom.

Phobus did a description of what was included in the WAD: Canyons and all. Wolfman's release below includes this pol.wad.

Request:
  • If anyone has a build of KGZDoom available, please share.
  • I am also pining for the aforementioned ZDoomCTF port and ZDoomFX derivatives. :)
Thanks for reading. :3:
Last edited by Redneckerz on Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

Redneckerz
Spotlight Team

Post by Redneckerz »

wolfman wrote:kgzdoom.rar
Absolutely godlike. :wub: many many thanks. Tested it out earlier today with the included wad and it works pretty well, but somehow the level did put the CPU fan into overdrive.

Either way since posting i found out that Kgsws did publish source code, as denoted in this DRDTeam post. It was however done in a different archive (drivable.rar).

Long shot though, but perhaps you or the other Community Guides have that?

PS:
I take it ZDoomFX and especially ZDoomCTF are off the cards. If so, i may ask around for that latter one.

Once more i should stress - Many thanks. :D
EffinghamHuffnagel

Post by EffinghamHuffnagel »

The Bosses from Hell files are available at allfearthesentinel

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... c&name=bfh
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team

Post by Redneckerz »

Okay, i said i was done, but i weren't :P This one i feel should be less a hassle than KGZDoom.

It concerns: Operation Overlord.

This single WAD by Enjay - [url=ttps://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=7387]here[/url] - The original release relied on a custom executable, ZDuck.exe. It was a build based on ZDoom 2.0.63a that added ducking into ZDoom. It also required a renamed fmod.dll to function (One would use the .63a version for that and rename it). Shortly thereafter the mechanic was added to GZDoom making ZDuck exe redundant.

The original link (overlord.zip) in that thread sadly does not work anymore (Also not on Archive.org). Further in the thread is a Rapidshare link but no dice either. I have also looked through Wolfman's Mediafire archive to see if it were added previously, but that was also not the case.

I'd like to archive this, but this zip also is useful for a Spotlight article i am working on, so i'd like to test this for it.

If someone has the original Overlord.zip, please upload.

PS: I have discussed this with Enjay by PM and he is okay if that original version gets dug up.

Thanks in advance.

PPS: Wolfman, Vitsm, thank you for your on-going efforts. I can't stress that enough. :)
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

Redneckerz
Spotlight Team

Post by Redneckerz »

wolfman wrote:overlord.zip
... Amazing. How you and Vitsm have an archive of everything is beyond impressive. :wub:

Thank you, once more.
Alchemo_Lozano

Post by Alchemo_Lozano »

Good morning guys! Do you have a download links to this mod that I found on Youtube? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMfL4_Uu2XE
haruko haruhara

Post by haruko haruhara »

Alchemo_Lozano wrote:Good morning guys! Do you have a download links to this mod that I found on Youtube? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMfL4_Uu2XE
http://www.mediafire.com/file/y61678vx1 ... 1.zip/file here the guy who made it had a download link for the mod I had not checked if it is right but if it is good

Forgot to mention it was in a YouTube reply

Return to “General”