Customizable names for .zds files

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

I'mSorry
Operating System Version (Optional): Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Customizable names for .zds files

Post by I'mSorry »

A great thing to be able to do is to be able to manually load .zds files not named save0.zds. It'd be nice to have the ability to rename save0.zds files and still load them yourself through a .bat file. If it were possible to do that then people would be able to name and organize their save files with more efficiency. GZDoom would still auto load its own save0.zds, save1.zds, save2.zds,etc. but you could also have this ability to load your own renamed save files into the game, that way you can have a "coop.zds" to manually load and play with friends, plus your normal auto loaded .zds files. All that would be needed is for the other party that’s co-oping with you to name the save file the same as you, and vice versa.

I’ve been posting a lot recently and people here have been really nice and helpful. I want to say thank you to the people that have commented on my posts and that taught me a few things here and there <3

I also want to give a great big thank you to all the devs that have been working on making GZDoom that great experience that it is. I feel like you guys don't get as much appreciation as you deserve, and from the bottom of my heart, thank you for all your hard work and dedication to this amazing source port <333
InsanityBringer

Re: Customizable names for .zds files

Post by InsanityBringer »

This already exists. Put -loadgame savefile.zds in the mentioned batch file, or use the load savefile console command. You can also use the save savefile console command to explicitly create a save with a given name.
I'mSorry
Operating System Version (Optional): Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Customizable names for .zds files

Post by I'mSorry »

InsanityBringer wrote:This already exists. Put -loadgame savefile.zds in the mentioned batch file, or use the load savefile console command. You can also use the save savefile console command to explicitly create a save with a given name.
Oh damn it is already implemented, this makes my life way more easy haha.
I never thought to try it again since last time I tried it, which was like a few updates ago. thank you <3

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”