DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NickDoom

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Post by NickDoom »

I don't know what is worse: sending annoying PM or suggesting a secret assembly here.
Spoiler:
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

worldendDominator wrote:Why do you target a specific version?
Stability, multiplayer, many many reasons.
Joey Diamond wrote:Hello. I am playing Doom RLA religiously for a long while now and I had to register in just to say thank you. :D
Glad you're enjoying it!
Joey Diamond wrote:What does Protection stat in armors protects against and how it interact with resistances?
Protection is how much damage gets absorbed by armor durability. The damage that doesn't get absorbed by the armor gets reduced by resistances, and then that final amount is the damage your health takes.
Joey Diamond wrote:Can explosive damage be resist or reduce?
You cannot reduce the effects of AoE damage, only render yourself immune to it.
Joey Diamond wrote:Where can I find numerical value of damage, delay, projectile speed, firing speed and such? I can extract pk3 files and read some of the txt file but I'm no coder and I don't know where to look.
You can't, basically. You'd have to read the code and calculate it yourself.
NickDoom wrote:According to my greedy, perverted logic and my hunger for imba weapons Drum Thompson can be an exception: it's neither modded weapon nor assembly, but a new Superior which can be modded again (because the weapon itself does not change. Drum changes). Like
Spoiler:
, exceptions must however remain secret.

I love secret exceptions :)
There's no point making another Thompson when one already exists, and the drum is already planned for an assembly anyway. The Dual Uzis and RC-P120 are both temporary recipes that will have their own combinations later on, when they get replaced by normal assembly versions.
Joey Diamond wrote:Also I forgot, what about the boots? Do they only protects against damaging floors or their stats also added to overall protection?
They reduce hurtfloor damage by their protection percentage, nothing else.
Joey Diamond wrote:Yeah, I asked about explosive damage because there are only four types of resistance and no explosive in it so I'm not sure about the info I added in the wiki too.
Explosions will usually be either Fire or Plasma damage, they are not a different kind of damage.
Joey Diamond wrote:And another curious thing. Is there a reason why there are Assemblies class armor but we can't actually assemble them like we do with weapons? Or there IS a way but I'm too dumb. Was it something to do with the tri-colored armor pack thing? The one modpack lookalike where it ask you to press button to change color. as I don't understand how to use it at all.
You can assemble them in DRL, but not in DRLA, they are simply armors like any other here. Armor modpacks are used to change an armor between the three armor color types, green/blue/red.
Machine-Reaper wrote:funny thing tho, Demoman is safe from Barrel toxic/fire despite its not AOE
They are AoE.
Joey Diamond wrote:Tho I remembered I once got blown up by the Nuclear Barrel as a Demolitionist. Can someone provide info on what's the deal with the nuke barrel? Like, what range it has or it does special damage unblockable by anything?
It does a blast of 2000 damage in a 2048 unit radius. If you're within 1024 of it, it'll kill you even through walls. If you're Demolitionist, it'll kill you if you're within 320 units of it, but not through walls.
Joey Diamond wrote:Request: Can you do more right click functions? Like allows all multi barrel shotguns to fire single shot like the Double Shotgun. Or holding down the button to 'cook' the all rotary guns (keep the barrel spinning, idk what's it called) to make them fire as soon as the fire button is pressed or fire faster but at the cost of alerting every enemy or walk slower.
Not without an actual reason to do so, no.
NickDoom wrote:Hunting Revolver + AT (or maybe +AA)
I already have plans for Hunting Revolver + AT. I'll think about it.
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

Yholl wrote:There's no point making another Thompson when one already exists, and the drum is already planned for an assembly anyway.
You underestimated the level of my heresy :-D Not an another superior Thompson, but an assembly receipe: superior Thompson + BB → superior Drum Thompson (which can be modded again because it's superior Drum Thompson, not an assembly Drum Thompson as it should usually be).
It's sooooo against the DRL logic, I feel guilty about this idea :oops:
You'll hit me with your DECORATE a lot for this :stuppor:

I maybe already mentioned this but will you give an Assault Laser Rifle a decent scope? Scoped Rifle has it, and Laser+AAA really deserves it, too.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Except the thing is, there is not a single weapon in the game whose attached mods reset when it becomes an assembly. Superiors only get 2 mod slots, and both are taken up by the assembly. The assembled weapon then has no slots. This would make your Drum Thompson the only weapon in the game that does that.
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

wildweasel wrote:This would make your Drum Thompson the only weapon in the game that does that.
That's why I'm afraid of being beaten with heavy, heavy DECORATE.
I have reasons to be afraid of this.
My heresy exceeded a tolerable level and I know it.

::Ducks:: ::covers:: ::crawls away::
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

NickDoom wrote:I maybe already mentioned this but will you give an Assault Laser Rifle a decent scope? Scoped Rifle has it, and Laser+AAA really deserves it, too.
Assault weapons will be changed into Precision weapons at a later date. They will work the same as they do now, but all will have a scope.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote:
Machine-Reaper wrote:funny thing tho, Demoman is safe from Barrel toxic/fire despite its not AOE
They are AoE.
Concussive force and Shockwave released after an explosion is what is exactly AoE (Radiation counts as well but we don't have Radioactive weapons yet)

Toxic Sludge and Fire/Napalm lit on the ground seems quite confusing as an AoE (Lava floor and Toxic floor shouldn't damage him as well then)
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

Yholl wrote:Assault weapons will be changed into Precision weapons at a later date. They will work the same as they do now, but all will have a scope.
Good news, thanks :)
BTW Precision Minigun + F can probably be interesting. IDK if Firestorm have one generic rule for all weapons or it can add an individually balanced fire rate. It's a bit too slow as it is now.

Can common pistol share some of it's assemblies with PP7? AT, TT, PT? (TT looks the most suitable, or course. But some crazy version of a shredder assembly can be interesting, too).

EDIT: maybe a Detector Armor which makes clicking noises if living things are near?
EDIT2: maybe a Shredder Minigun? And I'm also thinking about a weapon which is broken and can be used for melee attacks only (until you find a proper assembly which fixes it).
Last edited by NickDoom on Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

mod mod mod.gif
mod mod mod.gif (12.46 KiB) Viewed 892 times
Joey Diamond

Post by Joey Diamond »

How does Abominant works? Later levels have them replaces every bosses (I think it was only Cyberdemon but not sure) and it wasn't really fun at all having to fight 6 uber caco with light speed projectile and Arch Vile-style attack at once. I mean not exactly about fighting them, it's the lack of variety. Can you limited their appearance to X per level somehow?
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Joey Diamond wrote:How does Abominant works? Later levels have them replaces every bosses (I think it was only Cyberdemon but not sure) and it wasn't really fun at all having to fight 6 uber caco with light speed projectile and Arch Vile-style attack at once. I mean not exactly about fighting them, it's the lack of variety. Can you limited their appearance to X per level somehow?
Spoiler:
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Machine-Reaper wrote:(Lava floor and Toxic floor shouldn't damage him as well then)
They don't explode, so no, it's not confusing.
Joey Diamond wrote:How does Abominant works? Later levels have them replaces every bosses (I think it was only Cyberdemon but not sure) and it wasn't really fun at all having to fight 6 uber caco with light speed projectile and Arch Vile-style attack at once. I mean not exactly about fighting them, it's the lack of variety. Can you limited their appearance to X per level somehow?
It's the Armageddon Wildcard boss. If you're in lategame Adaptive, glhf. The other bosses don't exist yet.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote:They don't explode, so no, it's not confusing.
I meant the fire and toxic sludge left on the ground after a napalm or toxic barrel explodes, Demoman can't be protected from that stuff, he is only protected from explosions themselves.

that stuff sticks around for quite long and even hurts everything else around it.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Demoman disagrees. :V Those lingering effects literally call A_Explode() periodically to do their stuff. Again I ain't complaining with how annoying those are for other classes whether it's intended or not.
retronutcase

Post by retronutcase »

Machine-Reaper wrote:
Yholl wrote:They don't explode, so no, it's not confusing.
I meant the fire and toxic sludge left on the ground after a napalm or toxic barrel explodes, Demoman can't be protected from that stuff, he is only protected from explosions themselves.

that stuff sticks around for quite long and even hurts everything else around it.
I'm pretty sure Demoman can be protected from that stuff, because that's what Yholl decided on. It's one thing to make suggestions, but saying things like "He can't be affected by this, only this!" sounds like demanding Yholl make changes specifically to suit your tastes. Kinda rude TBH.

Frankly it makes sense to me because the hazards in question COME from an explosive source, and it lends itself to Demoman's gameplay style of being right in the carnage generated by barrel explosions. If Demoman was hurt by the lingering fire/nukage it would negatively impact his gameplay style.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”