NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.3 OUT NOW!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Do you Prefer The Type 99 Nambu or the Type 89 Howa?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Type 89
52%
Type 99
48%

Total votes: 21

sotenga

Re: NAKU-NARU - バンザイ! (V1.2 OUT NOW!)

Post by sotenga »

what an excellent bunch of ideas! i had a few ideas for the chainsaw replacement for 1.3, like a massive kanabo you can get. i really like the tengu mask idea, and the idea for the chainsaw replacers might go good for a newer project ;^)
Thank you! Thwacking demons with a massive iron club sounds rad, haha. That sounds like it would work better for stronger enemies where it's better to hit-and-run rather than stay close and slash them. I am... also not sure which of the two auto rifles would be better. Tempted towards the Howa, but I'll give it some thought.
Epikaffe

Post by Epikaffe »

Not a bad update, the new assault rifle is pretty cool, the only thing I dont really like are the new sprites for the revolver and rocket launcher. Aside from that everything else remains perfect imo.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Really liking the new update, the new rocket launcher sprites are pretty cool, and most features you've shown me are better than before. Also, just as a small bug report, all weapon firing sounds (aside from the Arisaka) share the same channel as the dryfire sound, which sometimes give it a "cut" when continuing to press the trigger (mostly notable on the Type 99 or the Miroku).

Other than that, i have no complaints sir.

P.S.: Thanks for using my edited version of the secret sound.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

A little unrelated, but the Type 98 flexible-mounted machine gun/Type 1 machine gun/MG-15 might suit the plasma rifle role better because of its high rate of fire and AA look-down sights.

That aside, Type 89 Howa shoots faster and feels pretty neat, so it wins over the Type 99.
Jayrassic Park

Post by Jayrassic Park »

Hey, not sure if it's intentional, due to the fact I'm running the latest GZDooM (x64 version from December 28th), or because of a quirk in the mapset I was using (Hatomo Battles the Yomi Demons), but when I'm out of Minneba ammo, the Minneba can reload again and again. No bullets are loaded, of course.
Joblez_I
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Joblez_I »

hey everyone, I have a question that I'm going to ask here, since I'd rather leave the poll as-is.
i've recently had ideas to make a Naku-Naru sequel mod with a bunch of new features and even a second, new playable character. would you all be interested in me working on it right away, or would you prefer a Naku-Naru 1.3 update before i start working on it? (i also have a Naku-Naru 1.3 build in the works.)
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Personally, if you already have the 1.3 build in the works, then I personally would prefer to see the 1.3 build first before you start working on a sequel, just so we have the most definitive version of this mod as possible. Or that's my take on this, at least
sotenga

Post by sotenga »

I agree, I would like to see 1.3 first before a new project is worked upon. I want to see a retooled Arisaka in particular!
Jayrassic Park

Post by Jayrassic Park »

Echoing the 'finish what you have' comments. Heck, you might learn something from 1.3 to apply to Version 2.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Finish up 1.3 please.
payayoe

Post by payayoe »

Hi! Seriously awesome mod. Been playing this on the JPCP maps and enjoying it immensely!
Does anyone know any Japanese or asian themed maps? The only one I know is map 3 of Deus Vult II.

Suggestion for mod maker:
Maybe add the ability to reload straight from the aiming position. Right now you have to hit the zoom key again to exit aiming mode and then reload.
I just thought maybe it would add more to the zippy zappy smoothness that this mod already oozing with.
PacotheMajestic

Post by PacotheMajestic »

payayoe wrote:Does anyone know any Japanese or asian themed maps? The only one I know is map 3 of Deus Vult II.
Don't know of any asian themed ones specifically, but thematically I think avactor.wad would fit very well with this mod.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Yomi no Kuni has some sick japanese-themed soundtrack and some texts, i guess!

Also Japanese Community Project because why not.
baddude1337

Post by baddude1337 »

Speaking of mods that go well with this, does anybody know of any Asian themed enemy packs to go along with this, or maybe a Shadow Warrior enemy pack?
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Still doesn't feel right to not having the Type 100 japanese Flamethrower.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”