SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.2.5 (19/Dec/2023)

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gez

Re: SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.1.11 (04/Mar/2020)

Post by Gez »

It's probably a problem in a library rather than on SLADE's side, but if you could provide some sample files (like that Ark01.wav) for tests, it'd help.
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

here are some samples
Attachments
soundsamples.zip
(16.95 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Graaicko
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

[Slade] Audio quality changes when imported.

Post by Graaicko »

So when importing sounds into my .pk3 through Slade no matter the file type, wav, mp3 or ogg the sound quality deteriorates. When I export its at full qaulity again. Is there a way to make Slade use these sounds without any changes to it what so ever?
Please see Video, notice the sound quality changes: https://streamable.com/yxr7b
Gez

Post by Gez »

There isn't any sound quality change, the files remain absolutely identical, SLADE does not modify one bit from them.

The difference between what you hear within SLADE and outside is simply caused by the fact it's not the same application playing the sound. It's perfectly possible one of the libraries used to play sound in SLADE degrades the quality during playback, but, again, since it only affects playback from within SLADE, and does not damage the actual sound data (as you yourself proved by getting the expected quality when exporting the sound out of the archive and playing it), it's not a serious issue.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

I upgraded to Slade 3.1.11 (64 bit), I wonder now if I should have done that.

1. When I load a pwad into Slade3, the map will run by clicking on the green triangle Run Archive from the Lump editor
Spoiler:
but when I want to run the map from the Map Editor, MAP01 of DOOM2 shows up.

2. On a side issue, when loading a multimap pwad into the lump editor and I want to playtest a map other then MAP01, then MAP01 of DOOM2 is presented.

Are those two cases normal behaviour or do I have to do something special to the Slade3 setup to play the map I want to test?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Feature Suggestion: Mass replace textures across multiple maps.

Currently I need to search and replace longname textures into shortnames across 30 WAD files (maps in a PK3 directory in Blade of Agony) and there is no way to do it automatically atm. There is a total of 82 textures which I need to replace from long-name to short-name to make them work with some hires replacements I prepared. This would mean a total of 2460 actions with GZDoomBuilder/UDoomBuilder which is totally out of scope atm. I tried it with a text editor and I also asked for a different solution but people pointed me to SLADE as possible solution if a feature addition gets added.

So by chance I'd be happy to have some kind of search/replace function across multiple wads with SLADE, maybe even work with a text lump or table that can search and replace multiple textures across multiple wads/maps.

Thanks for considering this, it would help a lot concerning the development of Blade of Agony.
Gez

Post by Gez »

As I hinted, SLADE has a mass search-and-replace feature already -- but only for binary map formats (Doom, Hexen). For UDMF it's a different implementation since you need to parse the text lumps to find where the string to replace starts and where it ends (binary format with their fixed data fields size are much simpler to process for that) and so that's why the feature is so far missing.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Any chance of getting such a feature request implemented? All of the Blade of Agony maps are UDMF format and as I said: Doing all this manually would take ages.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Hi, "adjust" command, or right-click -> Crop function, does not preserve offsets. When I use this command, the offset just gets set to 0, 0.

Also, I'd like to request a multiple "adjust" operation where I can do it in 1 go for many files (while also preserving the offsets).
gwHero
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by gwHero »

Hi

for some awkward reason the zoom option in Slade is suddenly gone, and I can't find the option to get it back.
Somebody an idea how this can be solved? (without reinstalling which could probably solve the issue but I would like to know how this could have happened)

Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

gwHero wrote:Hi

for some awkward reason the zoom option in Slade is suddenly gone, and I can't find the option to get it back.
Somebody an idea how this can be solved? (without reinstalling which could probably solve the issue but I would like to know how this could have happened)
See the answers by Gez here
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

gwHero wrote:Hi

I found out, that clicking anywhere on the toolbar where the zoom funktion should be and then hitting Enter makes it pop back again. I have no idea why.
Jarewill

Post by Jarewill »

Kappes Buur wrote:See the answers by Gez here
Or, you can just click "edit" on the top bar and go into preferences.
Then go into advanced and look for this line:

Afterwards just clear anything that's there.
gwHero
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by gwHero »

Kappes Buur wrote: See the answers by Gez here
Cyanide wrote:I found out, that clicking anywhere on the toolbar where the zoom funktion should be and then hitting Enter makes it pop back again. I have no idea why.
Jarewill wrote: Or, you can just click "edit" on the top bar and go into preferences.
Then go into advanced and look for this line:

Afterwards just clear anything that's there.
Wow, 3 solutions, I tried them all: they all worked :)

Thank you guys!
KUBA18i
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by KUBA18i »

Hello.
Slade is an amazing tool that I frequently use, but I've come across some issues recently.
I can't convert PNGs into flats now.
I've set everything as below and it results in SRB2 Encore Graphics.
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
Attachments
Top toolbar
Top toolbar
The conversion box
The conversion box
The result
The result
SLADE_4echsPq0Tn.png (1.85 KiB) Viewed 1168 times

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”