Complex DooM (UPDATED 10/01/22)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LowEndPCGamer100

Re: Complex DooM (updated 17/01/19)

Post by LowEndPCGamer100 »

try putting the "enemies always drop" option on in the mod options, also some weapon upgrades come pretty rare, try a wad with more enemies if it seems like theyre too sparse
dbj87jb

Post by dbj87jb »

So glad to see an update for this finally crop up. Nice to see it's still getting some love. Is it more compatible with GZDoom (a couple of scripts wouldn't load with GZDoom but it was nothing overly breaking) or would be better to stick with Zandronum?
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

LowEndPCGamer100 wrote:try putting the "enemies always drop" option on in the mod options, also some weapon upgrades come pretty rare, try a wad with more enemies if it seems like theyre too sparse
Thankls for the suggestion, but I've found at least a dozen upgrades so far, but they were all pistol autofire upgrades! Today, I found one for the assault shotgun which I didn't even had yet, but I spawned one and now I only get assault shotgun upgrades. Pretty weird!
vapidscum

Post by vapidscum »

Upgrades and items only drop from certain monsters; they're not a random chance globally. Since you've been discussing it and I haven't seen the info anywhere myself, I've compiled a handy list of what drops what.
Spoiler:
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alptraum »

Oh boi, it has been a year since last update. Hopefully we can see something soon ^^
DoomSoul

Post by DoomSoul »

Can you enable the reload key and move the railgun zoom to the secondary fire?
lamp

Post by lamp »

Heya, may I make a mod using your monsters? they seem really cool.
Alptraum
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alptraum »

is this mod got abandoned? :<
Daedalus

Post by Daedalus »

Nope, on hiatus for now.
ll5GOTYOUR6

Post by ll5GOTYOUR6 »

Hey Daedalus,

I'm making a mod for a game called Ravenfield and would like to use the SFX for the double barrel shotgun from your mod. Would that be alright by you?
Daedalus

Post by Daedalus »

Feel free, sprites and sounds are free to use.
Hexa

Post by Hexa »

Hey Daedalus, do you have any details on where some of these gun firing sound effects come from? There are several sounds in Complex that became extremely loud with Zandronum 3.0, such as the Combat Shotgun, Double Barrel Shotgun and Assault Rifle firing sounds, among many others. I've managed to find the Grenade Launcher firing sound from Quake 4 and fixed it, as well as the Ultra Sphere and Armageddon Sphere pickup sounds from Painkiller. This method is better than editing the volume of the sound used in Complex already, or using SNDINFO to lower the volume because it appears to have the opposite effect in other source ports such as GZDoom, which make the sounds too quiet. I've been through your credits for sounds previously and found most of the item pickup sounds, but still cannot find most of the weapon firing sounds that have said volume issues. Good luck on the next update!

P.S. I sent you a message back in February and I don't know if you've seen it due to the weird layout of the messaging system :oops:
bhicks

Post by bhicks »

Does the the latest version work OK in gzdoom?
I tried v26a2 and getting the error: 'Tried to transmit to another node' error when loading from save game, whereby gzdoom crashes.

same with this version.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

bhicks wrote:Does the the latest version work OK in gzdoom?
I tried v26a2 and getting the error: 'Tried to transmit to another node' error when loading from save game, whereby gzdoom crashes.
If it's a saved game from an older version of the mod, don't do that; you should always start a new game, because the saved state of the game cannot be predicted if any of the loaded wads have changed.
bhicks

Post by bhicks »

thanks. This happens when I go to E1M2 say, then die on the level, and the auto-load happens at the beginning of the level,which causes the crash. iirc, this didnt happen before when I was testing, but I may be mistaken. Based on what I see here, it is supposed to work OK in gzdoom, which is great, since I want to use mods with it not compatible with zandronum.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”