The WIP Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: The WIP Thread

Post by Captain J »

And if you look at those numbers closely, they're not completely white at all too.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

DenisBelmondo wrote:
CeeJay wrote:Old HUD in Wolfenstein 3DGE being ditched in favour of a status bar. Makes it feel a little more authentic.
that looks super slick. it really brings the mac look together. also this is extremely nitpicky, but the health and ammo labels don't have any padding between the border of the status bar. known issue?
Yea, they are one pixel higher up than the others, this is an issue with the original mac graphic. I have since resolved the issue.
Captain J wrote:And if you look at those numbers closely, they're not completely white at all too.
I might just fix that.

EDIT:
Wereknight
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wereknight »

I Borrowed deep into heresy and I love it.

Might as well not do much of details but, eh, why would this be a problem?
Yeah render resolution is gonna match good ol' doom but still, why not
kodi

Post by kodi »

Fancy laser! (webm video link)
It'll actually shoot normal single shots in-game, I just set the refire delay to 0 for shits and giggles and to showcase the particle effects :mrgreen:
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

AW SWEET DUDE! How many weapons do you have planned for the mod? Also, what are some key features/elements that will make it stand out from the first DoomShock?
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Thanks to Nash's PDA Starter Kit, Abysm 2 now has Journal Entries.
It will contain gameplay how-to's as well as lore bits.
Journal
Journal
kodi

Post by kodi »

Pompous Seed wrote:AW SWEET DUDE! How many weapons do you have planned for the mod?
As many weapons as there are in Doom 2, plus (maybe) usable inventory items post-release.
Also, what are some key features/elements that will make it stand out from the first DoomShock?
More everything essentially! All weapons having it's own UI screen with settings (including ammy types for some) is a standout. There'll also be no unmodifed vanilla weapons at all.
Visuals are heavily upgraded, and I'll include sounds (in a separate archive maybe?) this time around.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Blade of Agony - Chapter 1, Mission 4 (before and after)
Working on Chapter 3 doesn't mean that we don't care about Chapter 2 and Chapter 1. We are still improving our work, adding content to the already finished missions to make sure that everything is streamlined and polished. I promise you: There is so much to discover that it is worth playing all Chapters in one go. It's almost like a reforged remastered edition now!
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Tormentor667 wrote:Blade of Agony - Chapter 1, Mission 4 (before and after)
Working on Chapter 3 doesn't mean that we don't care about Chapter 2 and Chapter 1. We are still improving our work, adding content to the already finished missions to make sure that everything is streamlined and polished. I promise you: There is so much to discover that it is worth playing all Chapters in one go. It's almost like a reforged remastered edition now!
This is so stunning how much work you've done, great work! Mind if I ask if you're going to add the occult Magical powers from the Return To Castle Wolfenstein and it's sequel Wolfenstein 2009? The Return To Castle Wolfenstein had an Magical cross item that completely vaporizes all enemies in your vision once you're using it, but the game seems to be rushed so it's only left for the console port version (I think both Xbox and PS2 have these magical items).

The sequel of Return To Castle Wolfenstein had an medallion with the power of Veil, which grants you power to enter the veil realm, slow the time, create force field around yourself and enpower damage of your weapons (like quad damage) for short period of time, but could regen mana over time. The best part is that you can upgrade it to improve it's abilities, store in more mana, increase mana regen, and gain new abilities like see spirit of enemies through walls, gain ability to shoot powerful energy blast all around you and gain attack ability for your shield, basically turning you in to combat Mage that you've seen since Wolfestein 3D. The Magical Thule medallion sort of explains the slow health regen of the Wolfenstein sequel game.

If you're not care about the main occult lore of Wolfenstein which the original RTCW game was based of and it's SS Paranormal Division, since your project seem to distance from Wolfenstein but to keep it's aesthetics (if I get this correct, maybe I'm wrong); mind if other folks will try to add such Magical combat elements in to the game?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Blade of Agony - Chapter 1, Mission 1 (before and after)
Some more footage of the improvements we are doing in Chapter 1. The left shots are from the original C1 release in 2016, the right ones are from the current build that we prepare for the Chapter 3 finale. Next to litle improvements, texture changes and atmospheric additions, we also incorporated displacement maps for a few textures. You most propably can't spot them on the screenshots but they look fabolous when moving around.

Link: https://imgur.com/iJyc9CZ

@MaxRideWizardLord - Without spoiling too much, simply wait for the Chapter 3, I promise you will get the (un)expected!
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

more dynamic music experimentation.

Namelessdeity

Post by Namelessdeity »

Working on the pulse rifle, noob to decorate though

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

The weapon animation and the mechanic is quite fine. It's promising. But sound effects might need the improvements.
Nailz the Ravager
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Nailz the Ravager »

The most dreadful critters hiding in the dark labyrinths of the giant television centre. In these long corridors lurks the pure evil. Make a step into the alien world...if you dare.
No Remorse 3D(working title, maybe it will be changed) - the upcoming horror TC, where you controls the unnamed detective, who trying to stop the invasion of the evil alien race.

Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

█he ██o█s a█e r███in█...

Return to “Off-Topic”