SaveGame in multiplayer (4.4pre-39)

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
yura_111
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

SaveGame in multiplayer (4.4pre-39)

Post by yura_111 »

Question on multiplayer in GZDOOM (sorry for my english):

Let's say we play together in a cooperative. Save the game, exit. After some time, we make a save load, but now the 3rd player is already connected (he starts normally at the starting point as a new character). With such a scheme, everything works fine, except that for a newly connected player, the game independently selects the player's class (out of 13 existing ones), ignoring what is indicated on the command line at the time the game loads. And with each update of GZDOOM, he selects different characters for the newly connected. If this not a bug - please tell me how, in this case, i can correctly select the character for the new player (without arbitrary randomness)?

Thanks!
_mental_

Re: SaveGame in multiplayer (4.4pre-39)

Post by _mental_ »

yura_111 wrote:ignoring what is indicated on the command line at the time the game loads.
Please provide those command lines. +playerclass <NameOfPlayerClass> works for me.

Post by Guest »

Sorry, maybe you didn’t understand me because of my very bad english.
Run the game for two players. Save the game (for example: SAVE4.zds). After that, load this "SAVE4.zds", but for three players (the third player will be new and his character will be chosen randomly by the GZDOOM, no matter what is written on the command line)
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Once again, how do you run GZDoom? I’m asking about command lines for all three players.
yura_111

Post by yura_111 »

Server:
GZDOOM -iwad doom_Original_full -host 3 +sv_cheats 1 -warp 01 -skill 4 -dup 2 -netmode 0 -extratic +sv_fastweapons 0 +dmflags 1040236544 +dmflags2 58720256 +playerclass Leprechaun +name YURY -file newwar3 -loadgame save0

Client1:
GZDOOM -join 192.168.1.13 +sv_cheats 1 -iwad DOOM_ORIGINAL_FULL -skill 4 -dup 2 -netmode 1 -extratic +sv_fastweapons 0 +dmflags 1040236544 +dmflags2 58720256 +playerclass Commando +name Daniel -file newwar3 -loadgame save0

Client2: (This is a new ACTOR, because he was not present in SaveGame (the SaveGame was for two). But in order for him to connect to our game, he also needs a savegame file ("save0") - and in this case, character selection is not possible)
GZDOOM -join 192.168.1.13 +sv_cheats 1 -iwad DOOM_ORIGINAL_FULL -skill 4 -dup 2 -netmode 1 -extratic +sv_fastweapons 0 +dmflags 1040236544 +dmflags2 58720256 +playerclass Marine +name AWOp -file newwar3 -loadgame save0
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

It appeared that playerclass CVAR is ignored when loading a saved game. Classes are chosen for all eight players during game creation, and restored from the save.
So far, I found no obvious way to change player class in such situation. It can be that there is no way to do it at all.
Probably, I just was lucky when checking this with Hexen.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Since player classes are tied to actual class definitions they cannot be trivially swapped out - they may contain entirely different coding.
yura_111

Post by yura_111 »

Many thanks, but it's a pity because in the Multiplayer-Game it is very relevant.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”