Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.2.4b

Post by Caligari87 »

Honestly my biggest, most horrible, run-ending, almost-always-results-in-my-death error is hitting [T] when I mean to hit [R]. I'll sit there flailing uselessly under a barrage of deadly fire, only to look down and...

Code: Select all

Say: wwassaaawrrwarwawsaaawasdwewsaw
I should really rebind that.

8-)
devlman127

Post by devlman127 »

Considering the specific style of maps this mod requires, I'm suprised there hasn't been a community map pack made for it.
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

There's been ideas of that thrown around on the discord, but nobody's ever really committed to actually starting it.
However, considering that we seem to have quite a few experienced HD players now... hmm, perhaps.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.3.3a

Post by Matt »

NEW UPDATE!

The biggest change is the introduction of hd_skin. To use, load a skin file and type something like this in the console:

Code: Select all

hd_skin hdtestskin,hdgal,sff,pung
This particular example will give you the crappy zombieman-based testing skin, the HD femme player voice, the HD femme player mugshot, and the default male fist punching sprite. To reset everything, type 'hd_skin ""' to reset the cvar to blank.

Note that hd_mugshot is no longer used.

A new user cvar hd_consolidate has also been added, which you can set to false to disable passive mag consolidation, etc..

hd_nodoorbuster has an additional setting. Set to 2 to limit doorbusters to specifically flagged items like the door buster and HEAT.

SMG now has reflexsite and Liberator has semi loadout parameters.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

4.3.3a patch notes:

Changed -
"Player menu gender option renamed to pronoun..."

Okay... but why?
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

skdursh wrote:4.3.3a patch notes:

Changed -
"Player menu gender option renamed to pronoun..."

Okay... but why?
Now that the skin system is in place, it's possible that the pronoun does not reflect the biological gender (or lack thereof) of the skin that the player is using.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.3.3b

Post by Matt »

NEW UPDATE!

There is now a new command, hd_give, that lets you get a weapon using the loadout code and loadout syntax. Note that this replaces the old z6a, etc. codes which no longer exist.

You also have a new "pickup manager" accessible by hitting the mag manager button again once you're in the mag manager. (The button will switch between the two.)

Some little fixes and QOL stuff that you probably won't notice unless you've already been having problems with them.
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

Ladders have been giving me a good deal of grief; they work excellent for climbing down, but every time I try to climb back up I enthusiastically repeal myself from the ladder and plummet down to the cold hard ground. Am I doing something wrong? I have created a YouTube video showing my dilemma.
Spoiler: Video
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Turn and strafe to mount the ledge, or just keep holding forward until you're actually on solid ground before jumping to dismount.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Basically try to move around the bracket rather than trying to climb over it - pretend you're getting out of the pool and that thing is really slippery and wet.

I should document this somewhere.
Retraux Squid

Post by Retraux Squid »

At times, it can be a little annoying for a zombieman to pop out from behind a cleared corner post-resurrection and blow you away. Would implementing footstep sounds be possible?
Matt

Post by Matt »

Possible but between the monster's active sound, the slop sound when it's raised, the trouble with syncing it to player movement, the other sounds that are probably happening that might muffle quieter footsteps, and my memories of some old mods that were just like clopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclopclop in crowded areas, I don't feel like ever implementing it.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

If ever implemented in the future you could possibly put a strong attenuation falloff on footstep sounds, so the player can't hear them unless they're really close up. You generally don't hear someone walking from across a large room, but you can definitely hear them if they're walking within a few paces of you. Most monster footstep mods don't bother with anything like that so it just becomes a muddle of noise across the whole level.

8-)
Matt

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.3.3c

Post by Matt »

NEW UPDATE!

There's yet another new cvar! hd_myloadout can now be used to explicitly set a temporary forced loadout for the calling player only. This will be overriden by server constraints like blacklists or hd_forceloadout.

Modding warning: The constant name "BATT_CHARGETOP" is now "BATT_CHARGESELECTED". I don't think anyone was using this though. Note that this is now the default for batteries instead of doing nothing.

Fixed a DERP and BFG crash, and finally did some proper alignment for the scope camera, some of the sights and where exactly the bullets are coming from on the player.

Bosses can now load from clips while partially full, and stimpacks (not berserks) can be used on allied humanoids.

Lots of miscellaneous fixes.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Re: Hideous Destructor 4.3.3c

Post by drfrag »

Someone complained on discord about the mod not being compatible with LZDoom. I've gone ahead and made a PR to fix that.
https://github.com/MatthewTheGlutton/Hi ... r/pull/123

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”