Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Artman2004

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

Post by Artman2004 »

1 error while parsing DECORATE scripts. You know how to fix this?
Blackgrowl
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Lithium 1.6.1 (Jan. 24, 2019)

Post by Blackgrowl »

Artman2004 wrote:1 error while parsing DECORATE scripts. You know how to fix this?
Having this issue as well, would like a fix.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Lithium 1.6.2 (Feb. 29, 2020)

Post by Marrub »

Version 1.6.2 (Trilithionite) has been released! Check the OP for change log and download.

HI I FIXED THE ERROR ON STARTUP THANKS FOR REPORTING IT AROUND A HUNDRED TIMES TO ME OVER THE PAST YEAR
I have fixed most of the last remaining issues with the mod so now it should run buttery smooth until the end of time. (yeah right)

Dark Lord and Informant have a tiny bit of progress on them, but only Dark Lord is semi-playable. And I do mean only a tiny bit.

I'm probably not going to finish the mod any time soon but I will be working on it a bit. I do want to finish Dark Lord at least.
Thorogrimm
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Thorogrimm »

I just loaded the mod up and for some reason the weapons/hands aren't showing up?
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Thorogrimm wrote:I just loaded the mod up and for some reason the weapons/hands aren't showing up?
Which class are you playing as? Only Marine and Cyber-Mage are implemented.
Thorogrimm

Post by Thorogrimm »

Screenshot_463.jpg
Marrub wrote:
Thorogrimm wrote:I just loaded the mod up and for some reason the weapons/hands aren't showing up?
It's on all the classes.
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

I just playtested 1.6.2 on MAP03 of Cchest2 with GzDoom 4.3.2 and I fought James Vanglorium (Lv48 phantom) as a soldier class character. Even after I emptied 100+ health bars worth of his HP, constantly hitting him for about an hour with various weapons and from a spot that made it difficult or impossible for him to hit back, it still wasn't anywhere near enough to bring him down. With this, I can't help but think there needs to be some kind of upper limit on enemy HP, even for those foes who are supposed to be improbably demanding. Any thoughts?
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Marrub, found a bug. Using GZDoom 4.3.3 64-bit, if you press Tab to see the map, the game crash.
Tried with the available classes and it's 100% confirmed that does the crash........every single time.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Thorogrimm wrote:
Screenshot_463.jpg
Marrub wrote:
It's on all the classes.
Set "Weapon Opacity" to 1.0.
Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:I just playtested 1.6.2 on MAP03 of Cchest2 with GzDoom 4.3.2 and I fought James Vanglorium (Lv48 phantom) as a soldier class character. Even after I emptied 100+ health bars worth of his HP, constantly hitting him for about an hour with various weapons and from a spot that made it difficult or impossible for him to hit back, it still wasn't anywhere near enough to bring him down. With this, I can't help but think there needs to be some kind of upper limit on enemy HP, even for those foes who are supposed to be improbably demanding. Any thoughts?
This is a bug, there's some weird issue where phantoms can spawn with a fuckzillion HP. I need to investigate it.
leodoom85 wrote:Marrub, found a bug. Using GZDoom 4.3.3 64-bit, if you press Tab to see the map, the game crash.
Tried with the available classes and it's 100% confirmed that does the crash........every single time.
Can't reproduce.
Thorogrimm

Post by Thorogrimm »

I can't seem to find weapon opacity anywhere and I've checked the menus/console, nothing
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Thorogrimm wrote:I can't seem to find weapon opacity anywhere and I've checked the menus/console, nothing
It's present here in the settings menu.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Marrub wrote:
leodoom85 wrote:Marrub, found a bug. Using GZDoom 4.3.3 64-bit, if you press Tab to see the map, the game crash.
Can't reproduce.
I have found a reproduction case. Set the renderer to Vulkan and map to overlay and it will crash. This appears to be a GZDoom bug that evades even the crash handler. I will report this once I get a stack trace.
stagefatality

Post by stagefatality »

Very happy to see this playable again.

Also, really digging the new 'DONKEY KONG' theme for the CBI. :mrgreen:
Yebudoom

Post by Yebudoom »

Marrub wrote:And is potentially compatible with most other monster mods. If there's something you want made compatible, feel free to ask.
There's this cyberpunk-themed monsterpack called Cyberpack.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=62268

It's not being updated anymore, and it's mostly just a fork of DoomKrakken's, but still, thematically it fits Lithium like no other. I played with them (Lithium + Cyberpack) a little and haven't encountered any bugs so far. Could there be some underlying problems with using both, that I don't see yet?

Also, Yholl's Rampancy. Another monster mod, that seems to fit Lithium like a glove. Again, they play well together, it seems, but maybe there are some problems I'm not aware of. Any insight?

Btw, Rampancy's robots don't give any mana to the Cyber-Mage, a least on the default settings. And that actually makes perfect sense.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Yebudoom wrote:
Marrub wrote:And is potentially compatible with most other monster mods. If there's something you want made compatible, feel free to ask.
There's this cyberpunk-themed monsterpack called Cyberpack.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=62268

It's not being updated anymore, and it's mostly just a fork of DoomKrakken's, but still, thematically it fits Lithium like no other. I played with them (Lithium + Cyberpack) a little and haven't encountered any bugs so far. Could there be some underlying problems with using both, that I don't see yet?

Also, Yholl's Rampancy. Another monster mod, that seems to fit Lithium like a glove. Again, they play well together, it seems, but maybe there are some problems I'm not aware of. Any insight?

Btw, Rampancy's robots don't give any mana to the Cyber-Mage, a least on the default settings. And that actually makes perfect sense.
Rampancy support has been added in 1.6.3. I'll add support for Cyberpack as well. In 1.6.2 they're not supported so you won't gain EXP, Score or Mana for killing things.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”