[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: [3.3!] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by Vostyok »

This mod is a victim of it's own success. I don't think anyone is going to be happy until there is a weaponset for every conceivable wad. Heh.

Personally, I think it's amazing as it is. Still feel it's missing a hell/gothic and historical/steampunk themed set to complete it's repetoir, but fuck it. That's like, my opinion, man.

How many times can Yholl come up with new pistols before they end up being reskins of a previous set? Is Doom Eternal even going to be worth playing after the community has reverse engineered it in Gzdoom? Is the next set going to be purely Doom Alpha/Bible Doom weapons with crap animations, just to shut people up?

Who can answer these questions, I sure can't.
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

a set that's literally just all the pistols
VGA

Post by VGA »

Yholl wrote:
SamVision wrote:I had a fun if somewhat dumb idea. Doom Eternal styled weapons for Eternal Doom.
TheOldKingCole wrote:Techincally Eternal Doom was already done with Eternal DOOMer, but that was never a truly completed project in the way the Final DOOMer was
CyborgParrot wrote:Would be interesting to see a Weapon Set for Eternal Doom and/or Eviternity inspired by the Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal Weapons.
ThrashfanBert1994 wrote:how about doom alpha weapons and classic style Doom 3 weapons?
openroadracer wrote:I know Xim's Star Wars DooM is already out there, but I wonder if it might not be possible to make a Kyle Katarn weapon set as part of this mod.
Artman2004 wrote:Would a FreeDoom class be possible?
someone save me from this fresh hell
You're the one who got us hooked on this shit!!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

i would like to suggest the idea for this mod: make lilith weapon class i want this so bad plzplzplzplzplzlpzlz plzzzzzzz D:
Spoiler:
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

VGA wrote:You're the one who got us hooked on this shit!!
Captain J wrote:Would be nice if we stop suggesting new weapon class ideas from now on.
I don't... particularly mind suggestions, but can people just remember that this mod is about making creative thematic weaponry for existing well-loved megawads? I'm not gonna slave over this for months to just create something that already exists.
Thorogrimm
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Thorogrimm »

Captain J wrote:i would like to suggest the idea for this mod: make lilith weapon class i want this so bad plzplzplzplzplzlpzlz plzzzzzzz D:
Spoiler:
I'd be interested to see the engineering behind such a scuffed looking weapon set.
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

To be honest i don't mind some weapons being basically repeats of other ones, there's so many sets that it's hard to keep things new and creative. I think that the only thing that really needs to be different is the BFG of the set, cause, well, it's the BFG.
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

The Hellbound set has some of the most satisfyingly heavy-hitting weapons I've ever used, yet it still remains balanced. Really, this mod has been meticulously crafted. I wouldn't mind if it just stopped here; I'd still have lots of fun with it. I should've downloaded this sooner.
Take One

Post by Take One »

I don't have much of value to add, but I just wanted to say that I've been playing with Final Doomer on and off since the original release and it's very quickly become probably my favourite weapon mod ever. I appreciate all of the crazy quirks and powers that other mods add, but I haven't found much at all that manages to keep the game so simple but so varied like this does. The fact that it's "just" a series of weapon sets that mimic Doom's progression but rebalances it in unique ways makes it feel far more like Doom in principle (the old "simplicity over everything" mentality that Doom was pretty much built on), and that makes it feel far more fun to come back to repeatedly. I wish that there were more mods like this.

It's also helped me finally discover the joys of pistol starts, which has got me more hooked on Doom than at any other point in my life because of the popcorn progression in each of the maps - all of the plasma-tier weapons are darn fun to just let loose with, once you get enough ammo - and got me to try megawads that I otherwise wouldn't have touched (like Hellbound), enjoy ones that I otherwise wouldn't have enjoyed (like Whitemare, mostly), and replay old favourites (like Alien Vendetta) in a way that feels almost completely new. In fact, I found out about the new sets while I was away in Florida and actually ended up looking forward to going home just so that I could play through AV again. If more weapon sets get added in the future (I have some favourite WADs that I'd love to replay like that), that'd be amazing, but, if that doesn't end up happening, then at least know that you've made something fantastic and surprisingly unique with this mod, and I'm very much satisfied with that.
Vinouko

Post by Vinouko »

Is it possible to mod the Doomguy's weapon sounds? I wanted to change the Shotgun and Super Shotgun's sound effects for others featured in the mod, like the Ancient Alien's Shotgun and Plutonia's Super Shotgun, both of which have cleaner sound effects.
VGA

Post by VGA »

Changing sounds around? In Doom? No, the game is not moddable at all.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

However making addon featuring new sounds might be fine. You can make your own mod with doom editors like SLADE. Also welcome to ZDoom Forum!
Vinouko

Post by Vinouko »

VGA wrote:Changing sounds around? In Doom? No, the game is not moddable at all.
Yeah in retrospect I sounded extremely stupid. What I meant was how to change around the sounds, not if it was possible. Not sure why I worded it like that.
Captain J wrote:However making addon featuring new sounds might be fine. You can make your own mod with doom editors like SLADE. Also welcome to ZDoom Forum!
Yeah, that's what I was looking for! Changing around the sound effects was a breeze! Thank you for the welcome and for helping me out!
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

I've noticed DoomGuy's pistol is always perfectly accurate, even with sustained fire. Is this intentional?
VGA

Post by VGA »

Tesculpture wrote:I've noticed DoomGuy's pistol is always perfectly accurate, even with sustained fire. Is this intentional?
It is probably a balancing thing.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”