ÆoD 6.66 Alpha 8 (11/20/2018)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: ÆoD 6.66 Alpha 8 (11/20/2018)

Post by Major Cooke »

Hmm. Well, perhaps you might not encounter the OOM issue with AMD... Anyway, you can at least fix the vulkan demon morph issue with the latest version off github, that's been fixed. Just head to the link on the front page and click the green download button. Use that file instead of AEoDdat.pk3.

The diabolical die may cause a crash if you get hammertime to roll.
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

Major Cooke wrote:Hmm. Well, perhaps you might not encounter the OOM issue with AMD... Anyway, you can at least fix the vulkan demon morph issue with the latest version off github, that's been fixed. Just head to the link on the front page and click the green download button. Use that file instead of AEoDdat.pk3.

The diabolical die may cause a crash if you get hammertime to roll.
Thank you Major, worked like a charm. And apologies for complaining about Vulkan, I know most Zdoom users use OpenGl
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Not your fault. I had encountered that issue myself a while ago. I haven't done much with AEoD as I've been focusing my efforts elsewhere. Not dead, that's for sure, but AEoD's just temporarily on the back burner.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Finally playing Aeons of death. It's once again, very hectic, fun, and challenging. However, GZDoom Version G4.3.3 acts really weird to the mod. Especially the certain weapons.

Like, homing projectiles like Reaper's saw and Tempest's tornado won't chase the enemies anymore. Also why taking control over TF2 Demoman is actually dangerous? He would charge himself with Ullapool Caber when the enemies are closer and cause massive explosion. But guess what? He never dies. So he would do that again and again and roast me to bits.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

I just tested it myself, I'm encountering none of the bugs you've listed. Are you using github bleeding edge? Are you running any addons on top of it?

To be clear, soul reaper blade only acquires an enemy when it bounces off a surface. There is a known issue where the blade can get caught in tight corners however, there's not much I can do about that.

The demoman, he can rarely survive his ullapool caber attack, but that's a tiny chance. Depends on the damage he causes and how high his health is when he does it.
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

Be a funny question but, is this mod still being poked around with or is it finished at this point?
Nice PFP by the way Major Cookie :)
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

It's still being worked on but slowly. My concentration is on ClusterPlex and D4D at the moment though.

PFP? Also the e is silent. ;)
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

Profile Picture is what it means, though I have never heard of the ClusterPlex mod... D4D though a bunch... Maybe? Eh though with all the Doom 2016 mods and 3 letter abbreviations it can stick like gooey peanut butter.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Thanks! And yeah I get what you mean.
Jairt

Post by Jairt »

Is it possible that you'll consider balancing the mod? Because with each version it became easier and easier to win, and in the latest i can just take dual Dragon Claw and annihilate everything, except maybe DBT and Oscuro. It's not like enemies can't kill me, but our power is way too high - either i destroy the boss, or he uses something and erases me. I'm playing on UV with fast monsters only, while in 2.4 version even just UV was challenging.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

You can try turning on the directors. That'll ensure stuff's always spawning and you're always hounded if you want more pressure.
Jairt

Post by Jairt »

Turning on the directors kind of breaks the intended level desing. Yes, it does compensate, but throwing more at me doesn't make it much more interesting, and it'll make me overpowered even sooner, since they also spawn ammo and weapons. Would've been pretty cool if it would've been possible to toggle off the dual weapons, or if there was an option to power up the monsters, such as making them have 200% health or something. Slaughterfest is nice sometimes, of course, but i think doom maps were more about "player vs map desing", and less about making a salad out of monsters.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

We'll see. When I do get back to this mod I will consider certain aspects. However, the reason it was made easier is because it was frustrating. There's a reason why regular doom was designed with slower projectiles in mind, for example. The idea behind it is to enjoy the randomizer for what it is without it being frustrating.

It'll probably be a long time before I get to it though. My focus is currently on D4D and ClusterPlex.
Jairt

Post by Jairt »

I'll totally wait for years. Aside from it being too easy, it's the mod i'm playing every doom wad with, because it's never boring when it has so much randomness. Such replayability, i believe someday big companies will think about adding that amount of random elements too. Also, i kinda like playing some frustratingly hard stuff, or even being frustrated, but do consider that i'm probably far from being alone with that kind of taste, especially since people that want easy and comfortable games don't look like the type to play Doom too much.
007kingifrit

Post by 007kingifrit »

Jairt wrote:Turning on the directors kind of breaks the intended level desing. Yes, it does compensate, but throwing more at me doesn't make it much more interesting, and it'll make me overpowered even sooner, since they also spawn ammo and weapons. Would've been pretty cool if it would've been possible to toggle off the dual weapons, or if there was an option to power up the monsters, such as making them have 200% health or something. Slaughterfest is nice sometimes, of course, but i think doom maps were more about "player vs map desing", and less about making a salad out of monsters.
i don't think the mod in general is too easy i just think the dragon claw's alt fire is insane. it would be fine but blue mana is not consumed fast enough on the alt fire

Return to “Gameplay Mods”