Smooth Weapons Enhanced [v3.2.1]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PandaDoomer

Re: Smooth Weapons Enhanced [v3.2]

Post by PandaDoomer »

Looks like the flash is a lil behind or too high, but maybe that's just me.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Ah, okay. Was difficult to see with the highly dithered image. I'll take a look at fixing the flash's offset and also do something about that hole.
Valboom
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Valboom »

I love this mod, work with Hi-res Doom sfx?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

There is no reason why it shouldn't. All weapons still fire with the same speed (at least that's what they should). Sounds should stay in sync with animations.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

So would it be possible for the next update to add the fast fire shotgun code and the Inturruptable shotgun reloads from Fast Weapons?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Fast reload is cheating. That's why I removed it again in the other project. I won't have that in this mod, either. The interruptable reloads can be considered since they don't change the way the weapons work.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Also, at some point I think it's worth thinking carefully whether X or Y should get added into this mod, to avoid feature creep... :D
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Speaking of feature creep, I just resolved conflicts in "fire at crosshair" PR :)
Nash

Post by Nash »

Well, NightFright's the boss, so it's up to them. :D
Nash

Post by Nash »

NightFright: I've added brightmaps to the new sprites. Kindly test and let me know what you think. I've tried replicating the art style you used in the Brightmaps Plus pack but who knows, my attempt might be lame. :P

EDIT: I also merged DenisBelmondo's super shotgun timing fixes, which after some actual playtesting sessions, I can confirm looks great and more faithful to vanilla. I REALLY hope the SSG is nailed this time. XD
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

If the firing frequency is off by even only one nanosecond, it's going to disappear faster than it has been added.
DenisBelmondo

Post by DenisBelmondo »

NightFright wrote:If the firing frequency is off by even only one nanosecond, it's going to disappear faster than it has been added.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Hmm, now that I think about it, perhaps including brightmaps directly into this mod wasn't a good idea. What if a user decides to play with no brightmap packs at all. Maybe the brightmaps should be a separate download, or maybe be an optional module for Brightmaps Plus. Fortunately it's trivial to revert the commit (it was just a single commit) and extract the assets out to make a separate mod.

I don't know... your call, NightFright.
De-M-oN

Post by De-M-oN »

NightFright wrote:If the firing frequency is off by even only one nanosecond, it's going to disappear faster than it has been added.
I remember the BFG9000 firing faster for the perkristian mod (it felt faster firerate while hold fire and in the decorate it revealed to be true at least for my understanding of code)

So you can confirm in your mod the BFG is definitely also at correct timing? I will give it a shot later then :)
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

So I have a Request. Smooth Doom does this thing with the shotguns where when you fire them the sprite gets pushed back.
I think it would be a cool edition for this mod, maybe as a toggle-able setting, since I know it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”