Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tohg7.
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Beautiful Doom pre-7 build 0ff3255 (January 27, 2020)

Post by Tohg7. »

Excuse me Mr. Jekyll, would you be okay with adding an option in the Beautiful doom Settings that toggles vanilla berserk? (Level-long berserk when picking up the berserk pack)
Aidor

Post by Aidor »

Hi!

Is there any way to turn off the blood puddles on the floor without turnning off the whole Enhanced blood option? I like the Enhanced blood feature, but not the puddles. Well, It is not that I don't like It, is that I'm using Bolognese gore and then the two pools of blood mix and overlap, and the effect is weird.

I guees I just need to delete a file o cvar inside Beautiful mod pk3 or something like that, but I don't know which one.

Thanks in advance!
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

Why would you use Bolognese with Beautiful Doom? Just don't. Beautiful Doom has it's own blood and gore, which is more sophisticated than Bolognese anyway.
Aidor

Post by Aidor »

Agitatio wrote:Why would you use Bolognese with Beautiful Doom? Just don't. Beautiful Doom has it's own blood and gore, which is more sophisticated than Bolognese anyway.
It is? Ok, thanks, if you say so, you know more than me, that I am new to Doom mod world. I will try without the Bolognese and will try Beautiful blood settings. Any suggestions about those settings?

Anyway, I would like to know how to remove the puddles of blood on the ground, just to learn a little.
CasualChris

Post by CasualChris »

It seems like using this in conjunction with NashGore (with enhanced blood and gibs/deaths turned off in BD Settings to make NashGore's effects render properly) completely removes the blood effects when enemies are hit with hitscans, though the effects still happen successfully when the player is hit with hitscans.
Artman2004

Post by Artman2004 »

I think the blood pools look like complete ass. They don't really mash with the pixelated environments that well.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Artman2004 wrote:I think the blood pools look like complete ass. They don't really mash with the pixelated environments that well.
I don't suppose there's a more constructive way you could phrase that? Do you have suggestions for how the author could get them to mesh better with the rest of the visuals? Because I'm not sure saying they "look like ass" is necessarily going to get you what you want.
Artman2004

Post by Artman2004 »

I mean, the blood pools look too HD, like they were a stock image the author took from google. Perhaps they could replace the sprite with something more pixelated to better fit with the Doom levels.
rileymartin

Post by rileymartin »

I like the blood pools. They look fancy, just like a lot of the new particle effects.
popguy12

Post by popguy12 »

I cant seem to get the mod working, im not sure if its just because im using LZDooM but its giving me this error

Script error, "Beautiful-Doom-20200127.zip:animdefs.txt" line 55:
Unknown texture FWATER01
TheEternalStruggler

Post by TheEternalStruggler »

I don't mean to be a necromancer;

But I have just a few suggestions.

For the modern shotgun, I was thinking a slam-fire would be a great secondary fire for clearing out a room of enemies.

For the chaingun/assault rifle, I was thinking it'd be neat if you could still have the chaingun in the Modern class, albeit it'd look more like a minigun and function differently than the rifle (as well as use different ammunition, and chew through ammo extremely fast, which would make it a powerful but rare weapon to use; if that makes sense.)

As for the chainsaw, while I like the cleaning off the weapon secondary fire, I kept trying to slash with the secondary fire and died a few times admittedly (I'm stupid, I know. lol)

I really love the mod and I've been playing it with PSX Doom. It's great! I'm sure the next update will be worth the wait. I just wish I knew how to code it so that the chaingun co-exists with the rifle, because I like both of them for different reasons. ^_^

EDIT: Just remembered two more suggestions.

A grenade that is throwable. It'd be kinda handy for certain areas, and could be obtained through backpacks.

A CQC tactical knife for the secondary fire for the pistol.
catenaro82

Post by catenaro82 »

I play the pre-7 build 0ff3255 (January 27, 2020) with some wads (Lunatic, Violence, Japanese Community Project) and i found some bugs:

- sometimes the framerate suddenly (and apparently without reason) drops to 10-15fps and remains at this very low level, the framerate returns to normal level only if i restart GZDoom (4.3.3) (NOTE: i've a 8700k so the fps drops are not related to CPU, i use Vulkan API)
- in some wads (for example Japanese Community Project) the waterfall doesn't work (appears static)

these bugs doesn't happen with the 20190611 build

Sorry for poor english
A_D_M_E_R_A_L
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by A_D_M_E_R_A_L »

Latest git build doesn't like the latest GZD
Spoiler:
3saster

Post by 3saster »

A_D_M_E_R_A_L wrote:Latest git build doesn't like the latest GZD
You'll need later than latest GZDoom, if you catch my drift ;)
4page

Post by 4page »

So, don't know if this is a known thing, but whenever I look at outdoor sectors my framerate tanks. I don't see anything going on in the outdoor sectors, but whatever it is, my computer don't like it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”