Carnage Galore 3, now for GZDoom - beta (update)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ShadesMaster

Re: Carnage Galore 3, now for GZDoom - beta (update)

Post by ShadesMaster »

I tried to use the download as a resource in Doombuilder 2, but I get the following errors:
Spoiler:
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

I get those errors (actually about 440 or so) in GZDoom Builder as well, but they don't really affect anything.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Actually that explains it! GZbuilder is more generous than plain DB2 it seems, as I am unable to see the resources as a result in plain DB2. Guess it's time to switch!

But anywho, how would u feel about having another mapper submitting stuff for your mod? 8-)
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

ShadesMaster wrote:Actually that explains it! GZbuilder is more generous than plain DB2 it seems, as I am unable to see the resources as a result in plain DB2. Guess it's time to switch!

But anywho, how would u feel about having another mapper submitting stuff for your mod? 8-)
Actually, you won't see a lot of the sprites resources because you don't have a configuration file that I made specifically for this. All you'll see are a bunch of unknown things.

And as for the other question, I don't really need anyone else for this mod, but thanks anyway. Although, if you have any maps, I wouldn't mind playing through them just to have something new to play through for Hexen. Can't have too many Hexen maps...well, except walk2.wad. You don't want to play that one ever. I suppose you could try to get on a Hexen community project, but I don't know of any going on right now (though I could be wrong).
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Actually, I do! Hexen - Shades of Darkness is a few levels long and has it's own resoyrce pack, to boot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-ZyUr4 ... ture=share

And Despair for Heretic also has a simikar resouce pack and length. I may consider making a 2nd episode for this if I have time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrLmD50 ... ture=share
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

I seem to vaguely remember playing the Hexen one, but that one for Heretic is new to me. I'll try that one out later on.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Well, now that this has been bumped, I might as well post an update. Not an actual update, but a status update. I just finished with the library, and it was a fun one to work on. There's still a bit of minor things to add and some testing, along with a bit of fine tuning. After that, I'll finish the cathedral, which shouldn't take very long since it's mostly done already. Then I'll finish up the hub map. Once that's done, I'll start on the second of the two phases of the hub. Those last three maps probably won't be quite as big as the library or citadel, and they will be fun to make. They will be underground and creepy for the most part, compared to the first four which are all on ground level.

- Grand Library
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Looks really promising! Keep it up :D
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

And now it's time for an actual update. This one isn't to large as far as number of changes, but it is kind of an important one for gameplay. I wasn't going to make an update for a while, but someone told me that the melee weapons weren't hitting things quite like the fists. So after a fair bit of tinkering, I managed to get them all to work like the fists (as in, aim in a wider cone than what A_CustomPunch does).
  • Improved the hit detection for all melee attacks. This includes the frost shards melee attack.
  • Included the capital letter font (along with some minor improvements) that was made back in April.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kj72d0yosmwrv3/cg3_ch2.pk3?dl=0
Caleb26

Post by Caleb26 »

I'd love to see some gameplay videos showing some hub3 areas.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Minor hotfix:
  • Removed FHammerPuff and HammerCheck, and reworked the hammer attacks to no longer use these. For some reason, the ZScript was causing the game to crash and it was pointing to FHammerPuff. I have no idea why this happened, but this adjustment should stop those crashes
  • The torch will now work whether dynamic lights are on or off. Previously, it only worked with dynamic lights on. Now, it will show the old torch effect if dynamic lights are off, and show the new effect if dynamic lights are on. It will also change its effect if dynamic lights are toggled after you use the torch
This should not affect any savegames since it was a minor code change.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

A wild update appears!

Nothing too major, but I did fix a few nagging issues that I've been meaning to get to.
  • Lowered brutaur health
  • Fixed a few errors that showed up on startup (which did affect a few monster drops)
  • Tightened the spread of the cleric crossbow a little, making it better for long distances
  • Improved the torch effects. It's not so unnaturally bright now and the flickering looks better.
  • Improved the full screen status bar. It also now shows armor values and weapon pieces.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Time for a progress update. Right now, I'm about halfway...maybe slightly less than halfway done with the fifth of seven maps of this hub. All other maps are done and all I have left is this one and two more. Progress is sometimes a bit slow and sometimes it goes quickly, but this map now is a fun one to work on, so it shouldn't take all that long to finish. The next one might be a bit smaller, but because of the scripting that will likely be involved, it may be a bit rough at times. Anyway, here are a few screenshots that I already posted over on Doomworld:

ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Very interesting! Will there be any new monsters to rip n' tear through? Hell, we can get dropped down into a pit of snakes as I saw a new 'snake' monster edited from an Ophidian on Discord. Can't wait!
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

ShadesMaster wrote:Very interesting! Will there be any new monsters to rip n' tear through? Hell, we can get dropped down into a pit of snakes as I saw a new 'snake' monster edited from an Ophidian on Discord. Can't wait!
There will be some new monsters. I did see that snake sprite and I considered using it, but I decided against it for right now.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”