ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
42_the_Gamer
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by 42_the_Gamer »

Oh. In that case, the project is canceled.
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro/Win 8.1

Post by TDRR »

42_the_Gamer wrote:Oh. In that case, the project is canceled.
Lol dude i'm just throwing my 2 cents here, i'm not an admin or anything.

Just be really careful with what you do unless you really don't care about taking a lot of backlash from the community along with maybe some hate. No, wait, maybe not, surely you will get hate.
42_the_Gamer

Post by 42_the_Gamer »

No, it's alright. It probably would have gotten a lot of controversy and probably would have led to me getting banned.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

As I said, generally - if you have to ask a question like that, then it's probably not a good idea.
SanyaWaffles
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 for the Motorola Powerstack II
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SanyaWaffles »

I'm gonna throw in my two cents. I'm no admin but as someone who's been in a similar position.

There was minor controversy at times when I included bronies and anti-bronies in Daytime Drama 1, but it was mostly overlooked because of the satirical Duke 3D/Postal 2-esque aspects of the project. In fact many people shot down any controversy the project gathered without me having to post a rebuttal with a simple "it's meant to be satirical and not that serious". Which was exactly my point and anyone who took my game as a serious call to violence on anything in that is frankly misguided. Fortunately that's all it took and most people accepted the game as what it was - a Duke 3D clone with internet and crossover elements. And that game had anthropomorphic enemies too - the main grunts were technically "funny animal" types like Gumball and the Buddy Bears from Garfield and Friends. However it made sense, the villain was using perverted cute cuddly creatures to do her bidding... so context matters.

I feel it depends on how it's going to be done. If it's just done to "piss off furries" that's one thing entirely of course. Doing stuff just to "piss off" or "own" a group of people is never a good motivation to do something. I don't care what your target is.

It depends on what 42 is trying to do here IMO.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

undead tiefling ISIS fighters in bedbug fursuits

how about just some custom-made killer robots that have no consciousness or purpose except to kill
42_the_Gamer

Post by 42_the_Gamer »

Well, for my current mod that's in development, I'm making genetically-engineered mythical creatures, possessed soldiers, evil scientists, and rogue robots the enemies. Based on what you all have said, I'm guessing this would be ok.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Sounds pretty good. But just don't add political or offensive things to the mod, too much. Left or Right, showing off your own agenda might make a lot of difference to what you will witness.

I did make Netronian Chaos to be 'imperialism/communism is bad m'kay' kind of mod. But as seen on the intro, some Netronians would help their opposing race to maintain peace. Just like that, i guess that would be fine if you could tone down the image, while reinforcing the beneficial message.
r&r

Companion mod ideas topic

Post by r&r »

Like the title says
post your ideas of Companion mod

as one of mine would be a

Ghostbusters doom companion mod

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=55990

Have the Brutal friends sprites be replace with these sprites

http://www.doomlegends.com/emporium/files/gbskins.zip Ghostbusters sprites

and have these weapons

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57627&hilit=Proton+Pack&start=30

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=57419

Ideas that Peter, Ray, Egon and Winston will have 1000 HP,
Slimer got 5000 HP and able to fly and go through walls.

Another one Companion mod idea
Would be the T-800 the Terminator (human skin form), it that would have 8000 HP
and randomly use different weapons it uses base on the films.
Last edited by r&r on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
r&r

Re: Companion mod ideas topic

Post by r&r »

Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

r&r wrote:post your ideas of Companion mod
Thread has been merged with the Project Ideas thread.

Creating "post your xxxxx" threads are generally frowned upon and when they become active they generally become a nuisance, so it's better to have fewer threads which do that.
r&r

Post by r&r »

Rachael wrote:
r&r wrote:post your ideas of Companion mod
Thread has been merged with the Project Ideas thread.

Creating "post your xxxxx" threads are generally frowned upon and when they become active they generally become a nuisance, so it's better to have fewer threads which do that.
Ah ok.
I do like the idea for 3d model Companion mods, like the resident evil ps1 cast
or perfect dark or golden eye, or silent hill.
r&r

Post by r&r »

I don't know if anyone remembers the game Syndicate Wars
the 1996 game by Bullfrog

But anyone remembers the game,
would it be neat if it was in fps and you control 1 or 4 units at once?

as i found these sheets
http://richdavison.co.uk/wp-content/upl ... arsHUD.jpg
http://richdavison.co.uk/wp-content/upl ... prites.jpg
http://richdavison.co.uk/wp-content/upl ... prites.jpg
torgor67

Post by torgor67 »

How about a doom mega wad based on time travel but with added features:

Story: The demons invaded time under the lead of a black fly like humanoid demon named zephroc (I'm not good with names :p) and the UAC has to send doomguy back in time using their time machine invention to stop the corruption of demons and stop their leader.

Gameplay: It would be regular doom but with added weapons such as the time zapper which freezes an enemy still and it doesn't have ammo ut you have to wait for it to recharge instead acting like a cool down period. This will be an upgradable weapon to make its potency better. There are other custom weapons I have in mind but I don't want to make this too long. It would contain the use of jumping and ducking. In terms of the custom enemies it would relate to each era. It will be split into 6 levels each world based on an era such as the first one prehistoric ect. Map design would e varied and hopefully would feel like something different each map. To give a quick example world 1 levels would start off in a ancient jungle, then a prehistoric plains, to a treacherous cave. to a fossil fortress finally ending in a volcano type area. Each world also will have a secret level and you will go from level to level through a hub world. Again I have way more gameplay ideas but I don't want this post to be a chore to read :p.

Graphics: As you would be going through different eras it would preferably have vibrant graphics through all the settings with a good amount of attention to detail. I don't really have much else to say except it would use a lot of custom graphics.

Sound/music: This is not really my speciality as with may thing as I'll get to in a minute but it would fit each setting preferably.

Replay value: it would have good replay value with hidden collectibles and secret levels and maybe other stuff.

Now as for my inspiration its from thing such as golden souls and hocus pocus doom among many others which showed what potential things could be done with doom and that made me really inspired and got to the idea of this concept. I also have to say that I don't really play doom but mainly watch other people play it on twitch or youtube as I prefer to be a spectator and I don't really have much technical knowledge when it comes to doom but after seeing many wads I have tons of ideas. The problem is while I have the ideas in terms of sound/music graphics and gameplay I have no clue how it works and I've tried designing levels in the past but I just dislike it for whatever reason so I wanted to know if anybody was interested in the idea of this concept which will include more details. Again this would obviously take a lot of effort and I don't even know how much of my ideas would really be doable. Anyway thank you for reading! Also this is my first post to the site not that it really means much lol.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Classic time warp paradox: If doomguy was sent back in time to avoid the threat, then he didn't make it, otherwise the demons would'n invade our time. :pppp

But not meaning to ruin your idea, just rumbling to myself how hard it is to work with time travel.

Return to “General”